dtjackten progress log..... soon to come twincharged

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
dtjackten
2GN Member

dtjackten progress log..... soon to come twincharged

Post by dtjackten » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm

well this is just a progress post that will get all of u caught up on current mods and all of u up to date..... i bought the car in 2003 with around 22k on it. i bought the bone stock 02 neon es. with no power windows, airconditioning, exc. i bought the car in hopes of modding it, depending on how money would go.... the first part of the car i will say about was the exterior. the front bumper being prolly one of the most customs part of my car... it took about three to four times worth of modding to get it where it is today... an ex girlfriend hit the car pulling out of my driveway one day (fucking bitch.. :banghead: ) but that started alot honestly

EXTERIOR-
shaved markers. but 02 headlights

shaved markers 03+ headlights, no fill panel

lip, 03+ headlights, shaved markers, fill panel.

a custom suby inspired hood was done to keep the turbo (at the time non excitent) cool painted a day before the show, to look like carbon fiber was still taky to the touch at the local car show that year.

taking the side moldings off was just one of the small mods i did to keep the car looking clean. with the shaved antenna whole, and now the shaved bumper i decided to go to the rear of the car.. with a molded lip pvo spoiler i got. molding it in was just part of it, but shaving the third brake light, and the key was the other part....

and just about a week ago i got a great deal on a set of r/t sideskirts to go with the lines of the front bumper.

INTERIOR-

the interor of the neon i liked, the stock look i like.. so i decided to do something not many have done, and that is to take the stock bucket seats and put two more in the back of the car, eliminating the bench seat. getting them at a local junk yard was hard, installing was even harder... many and many hours went into the fitting and placement of each seat, the sterio with two infinity ten inch subs mounted in between gave me a good plat form to start at. bolted in the car and centered perfectly the seats started to go in. taking them in and out was a chore, due to the four point roll cage i had installed the year before.

adding nitrous is something i wanted to do later in the game, but a good deal at a local parts store i could not beat the deal on a full wet shot kit, picking it up cheap, along with a nitrous pressure gauge i started to mount the bottle in the car. i figured between the rear buckets was a good easy accessable place for the bottle.

the orange bottle was not working for me so with the help of dave giles at envious customs he made that orange bottle look kick ass... a marblized blue candy... unreal looking in the sun.

the gauges were next. getting all autometer sport comp gauges would look good with the silver and black theme i had going, oil pressure, nitrous pressure, fuel pressure, a/f ratio, and boost.

mounted in the airvents looked good and kept it out of peoples eye when driving by, keepin a kinda sleeper look....

and last but not least.... THE ENGINE...

were most of my money went into this car...

first a port and polished, three angle valve job, mopar 6hp cam, indy racing valves with titianum valve springs... this was the first true mod i did to the engine of the car.. along with a pacesetter header at the time, gave me a feeling like huh, this could become a fast car.... so the start up of a "cheap" turbo kit was on the way.... i took the car in for the winter of 05 (?) i started the build, using a t3t4 turbo from a friend, i built the car.... getting the car done was not bad, pricey but not bad. boosting at 8 psi, and running a best time of 13.89 the car moved.... but near the end of the season the journal housing cracked on the turbo, and needed to be replaced....

so deciding going big or going home, liking alittle bit of turbo lag for traction i went with a garrett built by turbonetics, stage two capable of 500hp,

getting bord one day i pulled the block and tranny... hoping to have the money to build the bottom end (never happened)

pulling the block i decided to clean up the engine bay alittle... painting and pulling fill panels in...

taking about two years to get the car almost done, i get good deals on stuff and pick things up, such as indy intake, boomba fuel rail, and some other odds and ends.

centerforce duel friction, cleaned and reinstalled

hochkis sways installed also.. got to have the car handle the power

just some clean up pics..

first day the car saw the sun if almost two years.

and this is how is sits today.......

i know i am not good at takin pics, but that is up to date progress on my car, alot of time and money for sure..... let me know what u think....
Last edited by dtjackten on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 129 times in total.

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:59 pm

badassness my friend, shear badassness :rockon:
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

j-king
2GN Member

Post by j-king » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 pm

nice bro

Tam
2GN Member

Post by Tam » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 pm

Looking awesome. I love the subie hood and the front bumper alot! Also the 4 seats!

NeonOn19s
2GN Member

Post by NeonOn19s » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:26 pm

i love it man... i didn't know you pulled the A/C out. do you have any issues with the return line being so close to the feed on the fuel rail?

now come do mine!!! LOL

j/k
j/k
| Nathan |

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon til it Dies" Club Member # 72
Semper Fi!!! USMC

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:09 am

love your car.. just get rid of the damn stock bellows tube! haha.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

j-king
2GN Member

Post by j-king » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:46 am

:withstupid:

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:19 am

yeah, the bellow tube is one of the things i am getting rid of this winter, running all new intercooler piping also, powdercoating the intake, valvecover, all the intercooler piping, getting agp motor mounts. ms, full paintjob, finishin up some odds and ends.... hoping to take it to the elite fifty class at the performance and style show next year at carlilse.

and nate, no it does not give any problems with fuel on the boomba rail.... , oh yeah, it never had ac to start! LOL
304whp and 285 ft lbs.... 15psi.
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:18 pm

i just picked up my lip kit!!!! whoot whoot!!! still waiting on my fucking tail lights though!!!
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:44 pm

You still haven't received those :( Wow.

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:52 pm

nope, and it is two weeks and counting.... ugh... i remember why i stopped buyin stuff on ebay...
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:33 pm

That's insanity....Looks like you got your boards though, DC number says delivered! :D

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:11 pm

YAY!!! mantel peaces!!! hahahaha.... that just made my day, seeings i am still stuck at work!!! thanks again crystal!
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:52 pm

LOL Nothing wrong with a little mantle dress-up :D

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 pm

parts delivery day for me!!!! got my boads, thanks crystal!!! and also got my bulbs for the boards!!!! along with the lip kit i picked up at the dealer.... i say a good gift for the neon!!! haha
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

srtgtr34
2GN Member

Post by srtgtr34 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Pics or it never happened...

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:37 pm

lol, ask and u shall receive....

and yes i do work fast.... about two hours worth of work, and have both boards assembled, one board has to be sodered.... but should take me about thirty min to soder everything in the moring, my eyes are kinda shot right now....

what is an easy way to test the boards when they are all assembled?
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

srtgtr34
2GN Member

Post by srtgtr34 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm

nice. I have tested mine by using the rear tail light wires. I cut a little rubber from the ground and parking light wire...

Which reminds me tomorrow I have to work on my boards........ The horror!!!

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:22 am

i am getting nothing..... ugh.... i am going to try tomorrow..... could not sleep so i messed with them some more.... going to take a look tomororw, and get right gauge wire to sodder in the back of the boards...
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 am

Just test them on a 12v battery, that's what I did. I have a universal battery on my desk for LED projects (dork that I am) lol. Test all the LEDs individually with a multimeter to see if they light. And until you start them no one believes what a PIA they can be.

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:15 pm

everything is sodered and ready to be checked, i checked every led, and just have to get some time to splice into my tail light harness and test them... to bad i have not felt the greatest today and have done next to nothing.
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:59 pm

i need to start workin on my tail light boards and some other stuff i have cluttering my apartment. Hurry and get some pics with all teh crap mounted :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

ThrIsNoSpork
2GN Member

Post by ThrIsNoSpork » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 am

you car is so clean i love it!
RIP 2004 e-blue sxt
Totaled 9/18/2008

96 1gn coupe

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:44 am

well i am still messing with the guy on my stock tail lights i got from him on ebay... pritty much am going to file a claim to get my money back tomorrow if i do not here from him today... this is the third week i have not gotten them..

i still need the rear bumper to mount the lip kit, and tails... boards are built, hoping to soder the wires and check them tonight to make sure everything lights and funkions properly
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:56 am

Wow that's insane...best of luck with the claim. Just test the boards on your car battery...don't splice until you know they're perfect.

Moparty08
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by Moparty08 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 am

Damn that front bumper is sick. Love all the work you've done so far. engine bay looks so clean.
New Hampshire is the only state with the word DIE in it's state motto.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Very impressive! The only thing I don't like is that super hot intake. Where did you purchase your turbo from? That thing would be a beast if you could afford some nice internals.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 pm

thanks moparty, the engine looked like that when i first pulled it out of the garage from doing all the work, by far my favorate pic... i am trying to get the intake, valvecover, and intercooler piping all pc, all CHROME!!!

i got the turbo from d&w deisal in auburn ny.... an expesive but impressive turbo non the less...... i am working on designing an intake for it accually... it is going to go where my fpr is now... but untill i run ms i am kinda stuck with having the filter there... i am having a machine shop quote doing the bottom end and checking the head as we speek... i am guessing it will be in the 2-3k mark though... but it will bealbe to hold a nice 20psi i am sure....
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:11 pm

well, i just checked my first board and i have five leds out... the stops work great, but i have five parking lights out... and i went to soder the other three lead wires to the last board and my sodering iron shit the bed, taking the one to work to see if i can borrow a soddering iron from one of the techs at the shop. my battery to check the bulbs also died, so bed and trying in the morning.... at least most of them light.... lol... i wish i could of checked the other board though to see if i just messed something up with the bulbs, or maybe a bad resistor.

and still no tail lamps to put them in anyway... so i got time.

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 pm

whoot whoot.. both boards are working great!!! got all lights working on each of them.... now i just need the tail lights
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

Return to “Progress/Project Log”