Manny's progress log:

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:12 am

Let's begin....

1. You will not get what you want for your car, unless you hide some of the shit you've done, in which case you're a dick. A scumbag, a toolio.

2. Don't do it to get a rise from a forum, because that would further prove your lameness. Do it because you're bored with this car's performance capabilities or you KNOW you'll get more from the other car.

3. It sucks that you didn't dump that money from "Smurphy" into all your debt, because being a full-time student, with a small job, having debt, AND a car payment (that will undoubtedly be HIGH) is going to kill your wallet, make you struggle for gas $$ and then we'll hear you bitch about no money for mods or you'll cheap out since you haz no monies then you'll break / ruin a NEWER car.

4. I'll still be posting in this log in 3 months when you've still got this Neon that's falling apart because "someone" hacked the pinch welds to shit.
el. oh. el.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 am

:lildick:
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:20 am

Bro..

1- got done with college back in May.
2- have my degree
3- don't pay back my loan till january
4- I got a new job 3 weeks ago that pays me awesome.
5-I can afford the evo if I wanted to. Yes car payments and insurance I know.
6-I know I wouldn't get much for the RT..but I could just always sell the parts on it and get new bumpers since I've cut the 1 I got in a few places.
7- at the moment the only thing holding me back is the fact that I would need to get rid of the RT first before I actually went out and got the Evo.

So what's a better deal if I went to sell the car...return it to stock or sell it as it..
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:23 am

Full coverage insurance and a Molotov cockatil.
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:28 am

Lol.

I'm being serious.

Sheeesh..what to do. Hmmm.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:29 am

What's your credit like? Have you had a car loan before? What do you have for a down payment?

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:34 am

Shooo idk what my credit is like.
Never had a car loan before because this and my last neon was paid for cash rite out.
Well on the downpayment it would depend on when I found the one I wanted.

I could prolyl have like 6K plus whatever I got for the RT for a downpayment.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:39 am

A... check your damn credit rating before you even CONSIDER going for a car loan. From what you were saying before about how much debt you had, I doubt your credit is very good. Strike one.

B, never had a loan before, so you'll need a good down payment plus very possibly a cosigner.

C, WTF does "I could prolly (fixed your Mannytardo spelling) have like 6K..." mean? Do you have 6K in your bank account right now? Don't plan on getting ANYTHING for the R/T, since it's hacked to shit. If you go to a car dealer right now, they'll give you 1K for it most likely. And that's probably being pretty generous.

Plus, with you just getting your first serious job, I doubt you're getting a car loan for a 30K car. Best bet, keep the Neon for a couple more years.

Actually, no. best bet, buy a different Neon and DON'T MOD IT!!!!! Since you seem to not know how to mod a car the right and safe way.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:43 am

So your saying in that last statement..that I should buy a 1gn as a daily driver and turbo my RT with a ASP turbo kit and JE pistons Eagle rods and call it a day..

:-)

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 am

Only if you have a death wish. I'm saying buy yourself a Yugo and use it as your point A to point B daily driver while saving your money so you can build a time machine.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:52 am

Woot wooot.

You mean I can hazz a. Deloean that goes 88mph and then ill have a guy in a white suit that says " your gonna see some serious shit " lmao.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:56 am

No. Nothing automotive related. Think of "The Time Machine" with Guy Pearce.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:05 am

Neon4Life wrote:So your saying in that last statement..that I should buy a 1gn as a daily driver and turbo my RT with a ASP turbo kit and JE pistons Eagle rods and call it a day..

Sounds like a better idea financially. You will have a daily driver and your R/T can be on jackstands while you build it up, taking your time. Congrats on the new job BTW. :rockon:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:27 am

All I want to say, is just because you got a job 3 weeks ago, doesn't mean you'll have it 3 weeks from now. Don't depend on shit like that until you're a year or two into working at the place.

Also, yea, you hacked your car up, it wont sell for shit.
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:37 am

I tried getting rid of my neon, like twice.

Good luck haha. Neons have bad resale value. Just drive this piece TIL IT BLOWS DUP.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Ok.
Guess ill be driving it till it blows up.

So much for my AWD dream. Haha.

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm

You can always get an older EVO or WRX or even an STi. They're getting pretty affordable. A WRX wagon would be a great daily car.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:17 pm

I agree. The cars Jerry just mentioned are cars I'd look at if I had REAL job security (which I do, but I'm school and it's a job, not a career) and even then we've seen how you handle...extra cash, etc... So grab a cheap daily, or make the R/T a daily or SOMETHING, then put down on a car and drive it til it's paid off....THEN mod it PROPERLY.

I dig older STis and Evos over the X anyway (that's right Mox).
el. oh. el.

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 pm

invujerry wrote:You can always get an older EVO or WRX or even an STi. They're getting pretty affordable. A WRX wagon would be a great daily car.
I saw a 2003 evoVIII for 15,000 locally.

Btw, WRX wagons are dah shittts. If only the evo's made a wagon :D

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:52 pm

neonslg09 wrote:
invujerry wrote:You can always get an older EVO or WRX or even an STi. They're getting pretty affordable. A WRX wagon would be a great daily car.
I saw a 2003 evoVIII for 15,000 locally.

Btw, WRX wagons are dah shittts. If only the evo's made a wagon :D
i would take the old wagon over a new sti i dont care what anyone says i LOVE the bugeyed
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Neon4Life wrote:What u ask might I get...well a new 08 mitsubishi Evo.
Nope, Denied.

Speaking on behave of the EVO that you're thinking about getting, It doesn't want you to own it because it's afraid you'll do the same stupid crap that you did to your Neons to it. It's an expensive machine that requires a lot of extra cash to own. Gas mileage sucks. It's way worse that your average sport compact. Parts are ridiculously expensive. Tires are expensive. Wheels are expensive. Basically put you have to have pretty large grapes to own one and to treat it right and the EVO has said that he doesn't like you nor does his friend the STI.
FAC3L3SS wrote:I dig older STis and Evos over the X anyway (that's right Mox).
That's okay. I do remember spraying you with the garden hose when you were vigorously humping my car though.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 pm

You need a stable job, with security. Banks will not approve you on a loan because you have had a good job for three weeks, especially not anymore with the way the economy has gone.

Another point. If you don't know what your credit is, it probably isn't good. School loans don't count and credit cards really don't matter. Chances are you'd need a strong co-signer and even then it would be iffy due to your job situation.

Insurance....IIRC they didn't even want to cover your R/T after you hydrolocked a motor and totaled a car within months of each other. Asking for insurance on an Evo, an expensive car to insure in the first place, might not work out well.

And....lastly....even if you don't keep the coilovers and you switch back to springs you still need to fix the pinch welds they aren't just going to go away.

Oh...Mox's post FTW.

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:03 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Neon4Life wrote:So your saying in that last statement..that I should buy a 1gn as a daily driver and turbo my RT with a ASP turbo kit and JE pistons Eagle rods and call it a day..

Sounds like a better idea financially. You will have a daily driver and your R/T can be on jackstands while you build it up, taking your time. Congrats on the new job BTW. :rockon:

X2.... do that
-John

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:20 pm

MoxHair wrote:
Nope, Denied.

Speaking on behave of the EVO that you're thinking about getting, It doesn't want you to own it because it's afraid you'll do the same stupid crap that you did to your Neons to it. It's an expensive machine that requires a lot of extra cash to own. Gas mileage sucks. It's way worse that your average sport compact. Parts are ridiculously expensive. Tires are expensive. Wheels are expensive. Basically put you have to have pretty large grapes to own one and to treat it right and the EVO has said that he doesn't like you nor does his friend the STI.
That's okay. I do remember spraying you with the garden hose when you were vigorously humping my car though.
Quoting just so it's ready twice
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:42 pm

I sit here loling.

End for a while.

Adios.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Mr Josh Zombie wrote:
MoxHair wrote:
Nope, Denied.

three times
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Fuzzyneon wrote:
Mr Josh Zombie wrote:
MoxHair wrote: Nope, Denied.

three times
four times
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 pm

I wont quote that a 5th time. CAM had some VERY valid points. So while you're "loling" Manny, we'll all be here still not giving shits when you inevitably post up (soon, too) opting out of getting a new car and still drive your unwelded R/T.
el. oh. el.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks Adam. I had a whole thing typed up and then my internet got cut out on me :\. I think I got the main points in there.

Oh and Manny we're not picking on you, we're trying to steer you clear from doing yet another potentially retarded thing.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:05 am

The Insurance on the EVO isn't too bad; That's if you have a clean record with zero claims and a great credit score.

oh.. wait.. never mind Manny

Have fun with your 19% APR and $300+ a month insurance payments.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

Return to “Progress/Project Log”