Caraudioholic24's Progress Log "SATANS SPAWN"

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Caraudioholic24's Progress Log "SATANS SPAWN"

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Well I promised to make one these on the 1st of the New Year.
So here it is.

For those of you who don't know me my name is Mike (aka Big Mike). I'm gonna be 27 in a couple of days. I'm married with 2 children. My step daughter is 6 and my son will be 3 in march. I own a 2005 neon SXT ATX. I purchased her about 2 years ago. She has 11,000 miles on her. I got a decent price for her since she was in a fender bender. The shop did a piss poor job putting her together again. At the time I wanted an Srt-4 but with the insurance, the family and not finding one at a decent price I took this one. I drove it around for about 6-7 months and decide to do some work to her and make her Show worthy.

Ive been in the car audio business for about 14 plus years until I got married and had my son. (I had to get a "real job" with benefits and plans for the future 401 k etc). I now help build nucleaur submarines for the government. I work at EB in quonset point as an Electrician/fiber optics technician. I have had my share of building show cars for myself and others. So I figured this would be a great car to have some fun with and when I do find an Srt most of the parts can be transfered over. So without further adooo......

Here is a few pictures of some of the work Ive done so far and what i am working on now.

These are a couple of pics of when I brought her home for the first time. I lost a few pictures from my old Computer that had issues. First thing I did was get Black Led tails and Halo projector headlights.

Next is a couple of pics of the Glowshift gauges I got. I am upgrading soon from the 7 color white faced to their new 7 color ELITE series.

Next I debadged her, took off the door moldings and picked up and powdercoated a set of Srt-4 wheel and put on 215 40 17 toyo proxes.

Next I got all the parts I needed to lower her. I got Eibach sportlines and Tokico blue struts. The ride was a little to harsh so I decided to go up to a Pro Kit to compliment the Kaminari Body Kit I have.

Then I picked up a COMPLETE 03-05 Kaminari Body kit from a member on here. 4 1/2 hour ride to NY to pick it up. It was an exciting trip. LOL. I am still tinkering around a bit with the kit as the front and rear bumper had some crappy repairs done to them. Mainly the front as you will see below. I may put this up for sale and grab a new one to save some time.

Then I picked up a complete srt-4 interior. All four Viper seats and door panels. They have the silver handles as well. I had to get a set of covers from LSP's seats (crystals old ones) to help me have material to fix my drivers side that had some wear on the leather. So I decided to sell my stock seats on here and rip arpart the interior for the dynamat and running of all the wires for my audio and led mods.

Then I picked up a set of Halo projector fogs to match the halo headlights. I know some of you dislike them. I love them.

I also picked up a set of Led mirrors. Im going to color match all the exterior halos, bumper lights and leds to a "white" color. My little helper in the background.

I love the look of carbon fiber as long as its done correctly. So I picked up a hood the wiper cowl and trunk. I am waiting in a cf srt spoiler. Im kind of iffy on the trunk and spoiler since I plan on having some music in the trunk. I dont know yet. I am going to be doing a few custom parts wrapped in the stuff interior wise and exterior.

Next I picked up a modern UDP. Cant wait to install.

Next I found a nice set of overlays to compliment my gauges and interior lighting.

Next I started working on my interior lighting since it has been crappy out. I have lit up all the door panel switches in blue. I can do any color so if anyone wants a set let me know.

Ok well that's a good start. That should keep everyone happy for now. LOL. I have to get going but I have a ton more on the way. Any comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks
Last edited by Caraudioholic24 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm

About time you made one of these.

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:20 pm

mmmmmm carbon fiber :thumbup:

looks good man
Budget Boost FTW

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:21 pm

LOL I know Im a slacker. She needs a name. Any suggestions!!

Thats just a lil bit of the pictures i have. I should be able to keep everyone happy for a little while.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Vivica, cause she's black. And yes those pictures are fine for now. Nothing I haven't seen already though LOL

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 pm

LOL yea I figured you would be bored with it as of now. Sorry. I have some pics of whats goin on now. I will try and get them up tonite.

I will think about that name. Sounds cool. Thanks

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:52 pm

I know it's been used numerous times, but....
"Black Widow"

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:04 pm

When you buy the new elite gauges, let me know. I'm interested in the white ones.
05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

1972demon
2GN Member

Post by 1972demon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I've been wondering where your progess log was, looks good so far, reminds me of my car in april last year
FAC3L3SS wrote:Epic. Ricer sees. Ricer wants. Ricer buys.

NeonOn19s
2GN Member

Post by NeonOn19s » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 pm

looking good, as for a name, mine still doesn't have one either
| Nathan |

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon til it Dies" Club Member # 72
Semper Fi!!! USMC

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:07 pm

nice. finally a progress log on this.

well uve done some good things with it.
i like.
i approve of the kit also.( only if its been painted to match already.. need more pics )

tho good job. :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 pm

if u need a different body kit let me know, im relatively close and i will sell it cheap as hell once my new rear end is done

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Slaw comes out of the wood work.

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:11 pm

BlackRoseRacing wrote:I know it's been used numerous times, but....
"Black Widow"
Thats one I've had floating around in my head. If I had a black and RED color scheme going on that would work. I would call wiggys neon that though. I have a black and siulver theme. LOL. Thanks

heydockyle wrote:When you buy the new elite gauges, let me know. I'm interested in the white ones.
I have them up in my for sale thread. I have sold the oil and fuel pressure gauges. I have 2 oil temps one trans temp and one volt left. Let me know.

slaw wrote:if u need a different body kit let me know, im relatively close and i will sell it cheap as hell once my new rear end is done
Yea man let me know. I'm tossing around in my head the front bumper that you had. I would like to see how it would match up to the rest of the kaminari kit. I like it because of the crosshairs.Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to get one of these started. I just know that you all like pictures and I wanted to make sure I had enough to at least get me started. LOL :rofl:

sxxxt
2GN Member

Post by sxxxt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 am

sup man awsome start. i would love to see some nice wheels on that thing. and awsome hood. and i want the cowl pannel, and i want you to pm bout the interior leds like the lock and unlcok u got there. good idea lol.

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:03 am

LilSparkPlug wrote:Slaw comes out of the wood work.
lol yeah my laptop is completely shot, so for now i resort to karlis laptop when shes not on farmville and my moms desktop

but as far as the bumper its gots some cracks but its not too bad, if u want i cant snap pics, the only part of the kit thats still on my car is the rear

wiggyx
2GN Member

Re: Caraudioholic24's Official Progress Log (she needs a nam

Post by wiggyx » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 am

Caraudioholic24 wrote: I also picked up a set of Led mirrors. Im going to color match all the exterior halos, bumper lights and leds to a "white" color. My little helper in the background.

I love the look of carbon fiber as long as its done correctly. So I picked up a hood the wiper cowl and trunk. I am waiting in a cf srt spoiler. Im kind of iffy on the trunk and spoiler since I plan on having some music in the trunk. I dont know yet. I am going to be doing a few custom parts wrapped in the stuff interior wise and exterior.
Cute kid. He's a little blurry, but he'll prolly grow out that.

I've never seen one of these cowls installed. I really wanna see what it looks like when all is said and done.
Caraudioholic24 wrote: Thats one I've had floating around in my head. If I had a black and RED color scheme going on that would work. I would call wiggys neon that though. I have a black and siulver theme. LOL. Thanks
Names like that never work for me. They seem a tad too ostentatious (no offense to whoever suggested it).

Matilda is what I named mine.

Anyways, looks good so far. Can't wait to see more pics as she comes along :thumbup:

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Re: Caraudioholic24's Official Progress Log (she needs a nam

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:11 pm

sxxxt wrote:sup man awsome start. i would love to see some nice wheels on that thing. and awsome hood. and i want the cowl pannel, and i want you to pm bout the interior leds like the lock and unlcok u got there. good idea lol.
Thanks man. Yea I will try and get some final pics and prices up later on for everyone. As for the hood it was a hard one to grab. Drove all the way down to the company in Maryland (6 1/2 hour drive one way!!!) The cowl panel is from ebay. The company is in California. I went through hell with this thing. (I think I wrote something up on here about it.) The first one I got, the carbon fiber weave was orrible and their was air bubbles all over the part. I sent it back and was told that the mold was junk. Waited almost a year without a refund, and finally got another one. This one the weave was ok. but the part seemed a little wave to it where it met the windshield. Long story short I ended up just keeping it since I think a little heat will make it work. The guys an ass so I would never recommend dealing with him unless you have the patience. This and all the other carbon fiber parts are gonna be last to go on as I have to decide what Im doing with them. I have an idea to lightly tint the clear that im putting with the same color as what im painting the car ( some kind of black) So the parts blend in much better. We shall see. Thanks

slaw wrote:
LilSparkPlug wrote:Slaw comes out of the wood work.
lol yeah my laptop is completely shot, so for now i resort to karlis laptop when shes not on farmville and my moms desktop

but as far as the bumper its gots some cracks but its not too bad, if u want i cant snap pics, the only part of the kit thats still on my car is the rear

Ok well yea if you can send me some pics later on that would be awesome. Thanks

wiggyx wrote:
Caraudioholic24 wrote: I also picked up a set of Led mirrors. Im going to color match all the exterior halos, bumper lights and leds to a "white" color. My little helper in the background.

Cute kid. He's a little blurry, but he'll prolly grow out that.

I've never seen one of these cowls installed. I really wanna see what it looks like when all is said and done.
Caraudioholic24 wrote: Thats one I've had floating around in my head. If I had a black and RED color scheme going on that would work. I would call wiggys neon that though. I have a black and siulver theme. LOL. Thanks
Names like that never work for me. They seem a tad too ostentatious (no offense to whoever suggested it).

Matilda is what I named mine.

Anyways, looks good so far. Can't wait to see more pics as she comes along :thumbup:

Thanks a ton man. As for my son I will try and get some better pics up. Dam cell phone camera. As for the cowl I love it I have only test fitted it and its gonna take some work to get it on perfect but we shall see. I wrote a short story about it up top for sxxxt. As for a name, thats cool, lil matilda. LOL Im still bouncing around a couple of ideas in my head just not sure yet.

Thanks to all for the awesome comments. I will try and get some more pics up soon.

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Only thing I really don't like right now is the mirrors. Folding mirrors are best IMO.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:24 pm

His son is adorable! He gave me pink lego blocks when I went over to drop something off one day. Ha ha he looked at Lucius, ran and got ONLY the pink ones, then came back and held them out as an offering :rofl:

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 pm

neonslg09 wrote:Only thing I really don't like right now is the mirrors. Folding mirrors are best IMO.
yea i figured the mirrors weren't gonna be everyone's cup of tea. I like them cause it goes with the halos and bumper lights.

LilSparkPlug wrote:His son is adorable! He gave me pink lego blocks when I went over to drop something off one day. Ha ha he looked at Lucius, ran and got ONLY the pink ones, then came back and held them out as an offering :rofl:

LOL thats my boy. Hes a flirt!!! **When we saw you at the mall he was trying to figure out why you had a yellow car not the pink one. He looked all over and couldnt figure it out. LOL

(**just dont tell chris!! LOL)

dtjackten
2GN Member

Post by dtjackten » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:20 pm

mine dont have a name either.... i was starting to make a cowl that is smoothed out like that carbon one but i never finished it... something i ran out of time and ambition to do... plus i was not sure if i was going to like it or not...

round about way of saying , install it and take pics.... :lol:
304whp and 285 ft lbs.... 15psi.
*on the way to 400whp*
dave

wiggyx
2GN Member

Post by wiggyx » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Caraudioholic24 wrote:
LilSparkPlug wrote:His son is adorable! He gave me pink lego blocks when I went over to drop something off one day. Ha ha he looked at Lucius, ran and got ONLY the pink ones, then came back and held them out as an offering :rofl:

LOL thats my boy. Hes a flirt!!! **When we saw you at the mall he was trying to figure out why you had a yellow car not the pink one. He looked all over and couldnt figure it out. LOL
That's too damned cute!

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Poor thing I confused him! Ha ha he is adorable though.

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 pm

thank you. my step daughter loves your car as well. lol.

sxxxt
2GN Member

Post by sxxxt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:03 am

so what does the car look like right now?? and when do we get to see some of this stuff, put together..

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 am

well right now the car is on jacks as Im doing all the front bushings and painting the suspension parts. I will try and get up to date with my pics and stuff shortly. It has no fenders and a dinged up hood cause i sold my original to get some cash for parts a while ago. Um there is no interior as well. Im working from the front of the car to the back. Body kit, exterior carbon fiber and paint will be the last segments.

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Ok well got some more pics together for you all......

Also picked up a det of lambo doors. I have one side test fitted as its a pain to dynamat when you cant open the door all the way! Also I didnt want the chrome look so Im getting them painted to match the car.

My SRT-4 rear swap. Gettin new parts so I can install them

Got a DEAL on the OBX header and downpipe w/ cat delete.

OK so the next few pics are where Im at now with the car and what Im working on.

My energy suspension Bushings,ball joints etc....

Both control arms painted and ready for new bushings/ball joints

Passenger Knuckle painted

More pics in a few gotta upload em to photobucket.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Photobucket is super slow. You're painting those brackets or are you gonna PC them?

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:52 pm

The parts that im waiting on right now are the battery tray and the bracket that the transmission mount goes to. I found a powder coating company in warwick that Ive heard good things about so I figured I would try them out with those parts. If you are refering to the Lambo hinges.. I cant pc them because they have a bearing. I dont want to mess with ripping them apart and not having them go together properly. I figure I would paint them to match the car. Unless you have any suggestions!!..

As for the suspension I sanded then painted everything with caliper paint. The knuckles were the hardest as I was trying to get in all the nooks and crannies. I was going to get the control arms pc'ed but couldnt find a local shop. I painted those with a couple of coats of the VHT epoxy paint and then a coat of caliper paint for extra protection. So far so good. If this place does a good job I have my srt 24mm front and srt 19mm rear sway bars to get done. Im thinkin of that charcoal/ black chrome color. If it loooks good it will be the color of thevalve cover, front and rear calipers, mag intake and any other parts that I find LOL. We shall see. Slowly but surely. I made it a 4 day weekend to take advantage of the 40+ degree weather. LOL

Return to “Progress/Project Log”