wheels log..... :'(

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:21 pm

please put tires on now. i want to see thisss :rockon:

hybrid-Srt2001
2GN Member

Post by hybrid-Srt2001 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:02 pm

wow, now that is some poke. i'm kind of curious as to how those would look on my car.
ImageImage
[/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. :lol:[/quote]

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Those wheels are WAYYYY too wide for a Neon... and a 215 on those... well, I'll be nice and keep most of my comments to myself, but the word "dogshit" springs to mind.

If you wanted a Mexican look, you'd want to go with 13s and whitewalls, not 17s. Just FYI.

Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 pm

^^^ wow you nailed it buddy!!!....................................

not.

17x9 et35 is going to look NOTHING like that. and a 215/45 on a 9in rim is far from said "dogshit" maybe according to the all mighty 2gn standards, yes. but to me, no. i know what look im going for and ive already stated most wont like it but there are a few who will appreciate and respect it. maybe those people arent here. we'll see
-nick

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Awww did I hurt your feelings by posting a fucking example of how idiotic your car will look? I'm sorry, I'll be nice now.

"Y0 dAWg dat sh1z be tyte!!!"
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:56 pm

hey man, on your " hdr hardpipe" hdr= home depot radiator.. correct?
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Post by quicksilvr » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Sean, you can stop now.

wheels04sxt, ignore TheRandom1, effective immediately, or your progress log will turn into a black hole.

I'm interested to see how it will look with tires and mounted. Tires are just tires, you can always change them up.
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

speed127
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by speed127 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:37 pm

the pic TheRandom1 posted was kinda correct in the way a 215 tire would look on those rims..... now if thats the look you want..??? ok but now that I'm thinking on it you may even need a 235 for a 9in wide tire. Do what you want but if you want to know what would work right call discounttiredirect.com and they'll let you know what would fit your rim.
- Custom or Nuthin -
-My SRT4 swap project log-
viewtopic.php?p=923967#923967
-My 2nd gen progress log-
viewtopic.php?t=52665&highlight=
-My 1st gen project log-
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p3090897

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:40 pm

butt hurt butt hurt someone got butt hurt lmfao.

TheRandom1 is always looking to get on peoples nerves.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:40 pm

random1: no hurt feelings bra. im not a giant vag like some people whos names wont be mentioned. /disscusion

cody: yeah HDR hard pipe is "home depot racing" lol it will eventually be painted blue along with my injen intake. im picking up a valve cover to powdercoat gold and im going to do the intake mani wrinkle black

quicksilver: thatnks for the heads up :thumbup: wouldnt want this to turn into a whore log

and im going to "hopefully" get the tires mounted soon. i just bought a motorcycle so... lol

oh and sean (hybrid) the wheels wont have nearly as much poke as in the pics. i didnt have the lugs on so the wheel was just hangin, not even flush to the hub. and thanks to everyone for all the comments! :lol:
-nick

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 pm

wheels04sxt wrote:random1: no hurt feelings bra. im not a giant vag like some people whos names wont be mentioned. /disscusion

cody: yeah HDR hard pipe is "home depot racing" lol it will eventually be painted blue along with my injen intake. im picking up a valve cover to powdercoat gold and im going to do the intake mani wrinkle black

quicksilver: thatnks for the heads up :thumbup: wouldnt want this to turn into a whore log

and im going to "hopefully" get the tires mounted soon. i just bought a motorcycle so... lol

oh and sean (hybrid) the wheels wont have nearly as much poke as in the pics. i didnt have the lugs on so the wheel was just hangin, not even flush to the hub. and thanks to everyone for all the comments! :lol:
i picked one up last week. i got the part number off of srt forums. A few people were saying that the walls of the tubing are too thin. also, people have said it can " blow off the rubber elbows" Have you ran it yet with no issues? also, did you but a bead around it with a welder so the clamp cant slip off.

sorry to ask so many ?'s for a simple hdr hardpipe lol

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:52 pm

XxWhiteNeonxX wrote:
wheels04sxt wrote:random1: no hurt feelings bra. im not a giant vag like some people whos names wont be mentioned. /disscusion

i picked one up last week. i got the part number off of srt forums. A few people were saying that the walls of the tubing are too thin. also, people have said it can " blow off the rubber elbows" Have you ran it yet with no issues? also, did you but a bead around it with a welder so the clamp cant slip off.

lol its all good bro. i have ran it and had no problems with it. no leaks or blown connections. idk how youd put a bead around it cause im plretty sure its plastic isnt it? i looked inside and saw its white... so i think it just has some sort of coating on it.could be wrong though but i think as long as you clamp it down well enough, its not going to go anywhere.
-nick

04 Mo Neon
2GN Member

Post by 04 Mo Neon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:01 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:Awww did I hurt your feelings by posting a fucking example of how idiotic your car will look? I'm sorry, I'll be nice now.

"Y0 dAWg dat sh1z be tyte!!!"

I just lol'd for a good 5 min straight. Epic reply.

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 pm

wheels04sxt wrote:
XxWhiteNeonxX wrote:

lol its all good bro. i have ran it and had no problems with it. no leaks or blown connections. idk how youd put a bead around it cause im plretty sure its plastic isnt it? i looked inside and saw its white... so i think it just has some sort of coating on it.could be wrong though but i think as long as you clamp it down well enough, its not going to go anywhere.
idk man. the one ppl were using was metal and some people on srt forums were talking about welding a bead around the outside of the pipe that way when you clamp it, it cant slip out.

oh btw, you guys dont know the definition of a stretched tire until you see my friends drift truck.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2323_n.jpg

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey wheels04, I'm curious what you used to calculate your fitment with those wheels? With a 35mm offset, you're adding almost 1.5" of wheel on both sides of the hub. How is the clearance on the suspension side? More pics would be awesome!

Here's some numbers I crunched while trying to wrap my head around wheels that wide. Numbers are as measured from the mounting point of the wheel (aka the hub).

------------------9" wheel ------|-------- 6" wheel
Inboard ------- 5.9" ------------|-------------- 4.4
Outboard ------ 3.1" -----------|----------------1.6"

And interestingly enough, a 9" wheel breaks down to about 228mm, which would lead one to believe that a 225mm tire would fit perfectly. However, since wheel width is measured a bit differently than tire width, this isn't the case, as I'm sure you are aware. Also, you're probably right about the XS not being good for stretching. Those sidewalls are so stiff it's not even funny.
Last edited by OB on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Found a pic of 215/45/17 on 9" wheels

Not the best pic but you get the idea. Not nearly as much stretch as people would think.
-Derek

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 pm

http://rimtuck.com/thumbnails.php?diame ... ewallf=45&

Just stretch those bitches on already.
Last edited by INVUJerry on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many neons so little time.

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:53 pm

^^^^ thank you OB! :thumbup: at least someone understands lol thats exatly what im goin for as well.

and jerry im going to after the weekend. got sucked into some OT and since i just bought a bike, the extra cash will be nice. also im having trouble finding a shop that will do it... lol
Last edited by wheels04sxt on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-nick

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 pm

So I took a peek at how much room I have inboard of the tire on my car, and my coilover's spring is probably 1/4" from my 195/60 Yokos on snowflakes. You're going to be cutting it extremely close with a 1" spacer, even with stretched tires. I hope it works!
-Derek

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:00 pm

yeah i know itll be a tight fit lol im thinking of getting camber plates as well so i can move the spring/strut body inwards a lil more and dial in the camber with the dcr's. we'll see
-nick

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Even with a 1/2" spacer you'd probably be fine. A 1" spacer and you'll be golden.

For future use:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
So many neons so little time.

speed127
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by speed127 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

OB wrote:Found a pic of 215/45/17 on 9" wheels

Not the best pic but you get the idea. Not nearly as much stretch as people would think.

that don't look too bad BUT I would still use a slightly wider tire
- Custom or Nuthin -
-My SRT4 swap project log-
viewtopic.php?p=923967#923967
-My 2nd gen progress log-
viewtopic.php?t=52665&highlight=
-My 1st gen project log-
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p3090897

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Post by quicksilvr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:35 pm

speed127 wrote:
OB wrote:Found a pic of 215/45/17 on 9" wheels

that don't look too bad BUT I would still use a slightly wider tire
Yep, I agree. 225's would be sweet. I'm kind of used to the poke/stretch thing from when I had my MKV GTI. Took me a good 6 months to not puke every time I saw stuff like this...

205's on a 9.5". :shock:
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

eford33
2GN Member

Post by eford33 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 pm

those 215's are perfect. haters gonna hate, man. get this shit on the road! Good Luck!

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:30 am

OB: yeah i know itll be a tight fit. im thinking of getting camber plates as well so i can move the spring/strut body inwards a lil more and dial in the camber with the dcr's. we'll see

jerry: thanks man. and yeah im runnin 15mm spacer/adapters up front and 20mm in the rear

dave: my buddys got 195's stretched on 10s in the back of his MS3 lol :shock:

evan: you nailed it bud :thumbup: thanks
-nick

hybrid-Srt2001
2GN Member

Post by hybrid-Srt2001 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:39 am

i cant wait to see this, i've got a similar setup in mind for the 1gn.
ImageImage
[/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. :lol:[/quote]

2low4uneon
2GN Member

Post by 2low4uneon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:18 am

eford33 wrote:those 215's are perfect. haters gonna hate, man. get this shit on the road! Good Luck!
:withstupid: I personally love the stretched tire look :)

Ridez 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring, 2007 Chrysler Pacifica

wheels04sxt
2GN Member

Post by wheels04sxt » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:59 pm

swap is officially done! had a few issues so heres the scoop

been a while since ive updated this... lol

i got my swap done and after working out a few simpole issues, TPS rewire FTMFW!!!it ran damn good! until the other day but ill get to that.

so, here is my car now and a list of current updated mods. (mostly engine and chassis)

04 srt4 motor w/stock turbo (for now)
04 srt4 ECU
Homemade wiring harness (literaly... FUUUUG wiring)
ARP head studs
MPx 3in o2
Egay 3in catless downpipe
Homegrown 3in exhuast with Vibrant fart can (hate all you want, i love it)
CTI chrage and cold side pipes
Turbo XS RFL BOV
MPx BFMIC
Diablo Sport Predator Tuner (not used yet)
Mopar boost gauge
Injen CAI (still waiting to be powdercoated)
HDR rad pipe

New Ingalls ball joints and MOOG tie rod ends

thats all i can think of for now. theres a few other things i did as well im sure lol

PICTOURSS!

pic on her first voyage after completion.... to the parts store of course:rolleyes: lol

and after the fisrt wash/wax in over TWO MONTHS!!!!

lolz needs moar low!

please refrain from ragging on my wiring hackjob... im not done yet just got it running for the time being. still alot and i mean AOLT of cleanup to do lol\

bay pic (water bottle was a temp overflow till i got an AGP one)

sooooooo..... after running damn near flawlessly for about 3 weeks, im at a red light Rural and Baseline at 5:25pm on a wednesday to be exact, my fuel pump decided to crap out!!!!!! so now shes off teh road again till my new pump gets here and i have time to drop the tank.

long story short, i spent 6 hours in a chevron parking lot literally tearing apart my entire fuel system to find a problem... this was the result...

FML...

lol thanks for checking in and ill be sure to post up once shes runnin again.

nick
-nick

srtjesse
2GN Member

Post by srtjesse » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:19 pm

sweet man glad you got her running and sux that the pump went bad... How did that rfl sound i just bought one for my turbo swap

2004 white dodge neon 2.4 DOHC swapped
2004 red dodge neon srt-4 gone :(
2000 flat black plymouth neon 2.0 DOHC swapped gone :(
2002 silver dodge neon parts car R.I.P
2000 green dodge neon parts car R.I.P

wiggyx
2GN Member

Post by wiggyx » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:24 pm

You guys are such stretch noobs. 225 will be almost no stretch at all. 215 is pretty far from extreme. I personally think they'll look perfect, and honestly, you'll need at least a 215 if you wanna get 'em tucked under the front fenders. You're gonna have to do a good amount of pulling up front me thinks.
wheels04sxt wrote:OB: yeah i know itll be a tight fit. im thinking of getting camber plates as well so i can move the spring/strut body inwards a lil more and dial in the camber with the dcr's. we'll see

jerry: thanks man. and yeah im runnin 15mm spacer/adapters up front and 20mm in the rear

No longer "me thinks", me knows you'll need to pull the fenders, a lot. Also, GET CAMBER PLATES! They'll make your life SO much easier when you're trying to dial that stance in.

Why didn't you just go with the +25's in the first place?

Return to “Progress/Project Log”