xxwhiteneonxx's project log! because racecar!

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Post Reply

Leave bumper stock, or cut it out like the picture on the last page?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 pm

leave stock ?
9
69%
cutout like in picture on last page?
4
31%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 pm

sand blasted the battery tray and painted it :D

Image

my car is turning into a parts store :rofl:

Image
Last edited by XxWhiteNeonxX on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Parts store ftw!!! :D

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:59 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Parts store ftw!!! :D
and i still have more parts in the trunk and on the way :rofl:
Image
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:08 pm

pass delete kit came today :D

Image
Image
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

srtjesse
2GN Member
Posts: 2968
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:47 pm
Location: sin city baby

Post by srtjesse » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:13 pm

i got one too i love my pass air bag delete kit
Image

2004 white dodge neon 2.4 DOHC swapped
2004 red dodge neon srt-4 gone :(
2000 flat black plymouth neon 2.0 DOHC swapped gone :(
2002 silver dodge neon parts car R.I.P
2000 green dodge neon parts car R.I.P

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:16 pm

srtjesse wrote:i got one too i love my pass air bag delete kit
i love it!!!! not only do i save weight but i get an awsome shelf to put random stuff in!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
Image
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

srtjesse
2GN Member
Posts: 2968
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:47 pm
Location: sin city baby

Post by srtjesse » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 pm

haha true i know the parts store feeling too my car was a storage for parts for two years lol
Image

2004 white dodge neon 2.4 DOHC swapped
2004 red dodge neon srt-4 gone :(
2000 flat black plymouth neon 2.0 DOHC swapped gone :(
2002 silver dodge neon parts car R.I.P
2000 green dodge neon parts car R.I.P

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:25 pm

srtjesse wrote:haha true i know the parts store feeling too my car was a storage for parts for two years lol
lol i keep ordering parts but not putting them on. i ran out of room in my car :rofl:
Image
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

TheFrette87
2GN Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Cary, NC

Post by TheFrette87 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Looks like i'll be needing a front clip for my rebuild...how much did you buy yours for and where did you get it?
Image
'05 SXT ATX 66k mi- My Daily Driver
'04 R/T MTX 49k mi- (Repair Log)

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

TheFrette87 wrote:Looks like i'll be needing a front clip for my rebuild...how much did you buy yours for and where did you get it?
i got it at a junkyard ( donawitz) i paid 150 for the whole front.(middle of the struts back) :D

User avatar
sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 9494
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by sidepipe87 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

I bought rare Prime/Mopar Neon wheels from Donawitz a few months back that have "Neon" stamped on them. I also sold them on here :lol:
PM me for your 03+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:37 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:I bought rare Prime/Mopar Neon wheels from Donawitz a few months back that have "Neon" stamped on them. I also sold them on here :lol:
i live really close to there :D

they dont have any neons there right now :roll: the only ones they have are missing everything off of them. i wish they would get some in!!!!

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:22 pm

So you're actively wishing people would total their neons? BLASPHEMER!!!!
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:30 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:So you're actively wishing people would total their neons? BLASPHEMER!!!!
if they are old/wanna be gangsters/ricers theres probably a reason why they wrecked :rofl:

i dont wish anybody to wreck, but i do wish that somehow wrecked neons would magically appear at my local junkyard... :D

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:36 pm

:rofl:
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:46 pm

TheRandom1 wrote::rofl:
so back to this rc talk we were having........ :rofl:

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes?
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:Yes?
need anything rc related? :lol: i need to sell my rc stuff to fund my neon project :D

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:55 pm

I've had this motor sitting in my drawer for a year and a half and haven't touched the car yet... I'm actually interested in selling as well.
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:I've had this motor sitting in my drawer for a year and a half and haven't touched the car yet... I'm actually interested in selling as well.
try rctech thats where ive sold tons of stuff! :D

User avatar
TheRandom1
2GN Veteran
Posts: 9938
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:01 pm

I could put it up on byt too, I've just been incredibly lazy...
Image
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:I could put it up on byt too, I've just been incredibly lazy...
lol thats how ive been :rofl:

TheFrette87
2GN Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Cary, NC

Post by TheFrette87 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm

XxWhiteNeonxX wrote:
TheFrette87 wrote:Looks like i'll be needing a front clip for my rebuild...how much did you buy yours for and where did you get it?
i got it at a junkyard ( donawitz) i paid 150 for the whole front.(middle of the struts back) :D
I have two LKQ's a few miles from me in either direction. I'm sure i can find neons, they always have them. Just a matter of whether or not my friends battery operated sawzall will cut through both ends of the car without dying, and how i'd get it home.. hah. And i'll need to find a way to weld the parts back on, i dont have a welder on hand. 8-[
Image
'05 SXT ATX 66k mi- My Daily Driver
'04 R/T MTX 49k mi- (Repair Log)

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 pm

TheFrette87 wrote:
XxWhiteNeonxX wrote:
TheFrette87 wrote:Looks like i'll be needing a front clip for my rebuild...how much did you buy yours for and where did you get it?
i got it at a junkyard ( donawitz) i paid 150 for the whole front.(middle of the struts back) :D
I have two LKQ's a few miles from me in either direction. I'm sure i can find neons, they always have them. Just a matter of whether or not my friends battery operated sawzall will cut through both ends of the car without dying, and how i'd get it home.. hah. And i'll need to find a way to weld the parts back on, i dont have a welder on hand. 8-[
well the scrap yard should cut it for you. (at least the one i went to did. it could be because i personally know him but im not sure)

if you pull your old front clip and then send it to somebody they will weld it up. but remember when doing this it has to be perfectly lined up because this is what the front bumper/hood/fenders bold onto. if done wrong they wont line up correctly and will look like shit. also, it shouldnt cost a whole lot to get welded up as long as you already have the car dismantled and ready to have the new front clip welded on. me and my father are doing mine because he has a welder :D

TheFrette87
2GN Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Cary, NC

Post by TheFrette87 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Gonna need to see pics of your post-welding. :D
My father's a body tech as well, i just haven't spoken to him since fathers day, and tomorrow will be my day of reckoning (I plan on going to his work - a neutral zone). I'm sure springing onto him that i bought a wrecked car and need him to weld it together will not go lightly, but its worth a shot. :shock:
Image
'05 SXT ATX 66k mi- My Daily Driver
'04 R/T MTX 49k mi- (Repair Log)

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 pm

TheFrette87 wrote:Gonna need to see pics of your post-welding. :D
My father's a body tech as well, i just haven't spoken to him since fathers day, and tomorrow will be my day of reckoning (I plan on going to his work - a neutral zone). I'm sure springing onto him that i bought a wrecked car and need him to weld it together will not go lightly, but its worth a shot. :shock:
ive been lazy this week and havnt got shit done on my car :rofl: im working on it starting tomorrow. saturday night im going to pick up my new seats that my family got me for my birthday :D ill be sure to post more pics once i get off my lazy ass :rofl:

btw go back a page or two and you'll be able to see how i got it and what ive done so far :D might give you an idea of what your going to be in for.. :rofl:

TheFrette87
2GN Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Cary, NC

Post by TheFrette87 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:12 am

XxWhiteNeonxX wrote:
TheFrette87 wrote:Gonna need to see pics of your post-welding. :D
My father's a body tech as well, i just haven't spoken to him since fathers day, and tomorrow will be my day of reckoning (I plan on going to his work - a neutral zone). I'm sure springing onto him that i bought a wrecked car and need him to weld it together will not go lightly, but its worth a shot. :shock:
ive been lazy this week and havnt got shit done on my car :rofl: im working on it starting tomorrow. saturday night im going to pick up my new seats that my family got me for my birthday :D ill be sure to post more pics once i get off my lazy ass :rofl:

btw go back a page or two and you'll be able to see how i got it and what ive done so far :D might give you an idea of what your going to be in for.. :rofl:
Yeah i saw the clip you got, my question is, whereabouts are you going to be welding it? i'm assuming you're going to be cutting it at least in front of the strut mounts. Like i said, depending on how tomorrow goes, my father may be interested in helping me with the welding portion. I've done some a few years back, but i'm definitely not seasoned. same for the paint. Everything else i'm fairly confident in my abilities.
Image
'05 SXT ATX 66k mi- My Daily Driver
'04 R/T MTX 49k mi- (Repair Log)

User avatar
XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:46 am

TheFrette87 wrote:
XxWhiteNeonxX wrote:
TheFrette87 wrote:Gonna need to see pics of your post-welding. :D
My father's a body tech as well, i just haven't spoken to him since fathers day, and tomorrow will be my day of reckoning (I plan on going to his work - a neutral zone). I'm sure springing onto him that i bought a wrecked car and need him to weld it together will not go lightly, but its worth a shot. :shock:
ive been lazy this week and havnt got shit done on my car :rofl: im working on it starting tomorrow. saturday night im going to pick up my new seats that my family got me for my birthday :D ill be sure to post more pics once i get off my lazy ass :rofl:

btw go back a page or two and you'll be able to see how i got it and what ive done so far :D might give you an idea of what your going to be in for.. :rofl:
Yeah i saw the clip you got, my question is, whereabouts are you going to be welding it? i'm assuming you're going to be cutting it at least in front of the strut mounts. Like i said, depending on how tomorrow goes, my father may be interested in helping me with the welding portion. I've done some a few years back, but i'm definitely not seasoned. same for the paint. Everything else i'm fairly confident in my abilities.
there are these things called spotwelds (not trying to sound cocky :rofl: ) if you drill out the spot welds the front will come right off.(which is what i did) were going to straighten whats left on the front of mine( bottom frame rails and the piece in front of the strut) :D

TheFrette87
2GN Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Cary, NC

Post by TheFrette87 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks for dumbing it down a for me :tardbang: lol
I've read your thread start-finish beforehand and read that you drilled the spot-welds, i knew i had to do that much, but at the same time you answered the rest of my questions. :thumbup:
There's no way i can straighten the frame rails and piece in front of the strut without A) a larger tree than what I've got at my apartment and B) at least a vehicle with more power than my SXT or my friends scion can manage ATM. Or I'll have to get a way to throw it up on the frame machine at my dads work. (If i'm lucky, a saturday)
Like i said, i haven't done RECONSTRUCTIVE bodywork since i went to Cumberland-Perry Vo-Tech back in 10th and 11th grade (Yes, I'm a Pennsylvanian, too! ) :cheers:
Thanks for the info though, i'll be keeping an eye on your thread. I cant wait to see how she looks when she's complete! :D
Image
'05 SXT ATX 66k mi- My Daily Driver
'04 R/T MTX 49k mi- (Repair Log)

r/tguy02
2GN Member
Posts: 3644
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:42 pm
Location: carlisle, pa.

Post by r/tguy02 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:28 am

TheFrette87 wrote:Like i said, i haven't done RECONSTRUCTIVE bodywork since i went to Cumberland-Perry Vo-Tech back in 10th and 11th grade (Yes, I'm a Pennsylvanian, too! )
really... that school is like 10min from where i live lol i knew a bunch of people that went there back in the day. nice to see someone else from the area.
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

Post Reply

Return to “Progress/Project Log”