I made a great discovery today, and I was pleased. I took the plastic case off the bad MTV from my car and discovered that the wiring "harness" is contained in the base of the plastic case, and has a slick little multi-pin connection when pressed into place over the motor. So I took the case off the good MTV from my old intake setup and, wa-la....I mixed and matched motors with cases. Good motor with good case = one functional MTV.
I'm still going to try and clean the bad MTV motor and get it functional, as well as try to fix the broken wire on the bad case...but I'm not too optimistic about either prospect. The bad motor looks great cosmetically....there is nothing obviously wrong, and I can't take it apart any farther to investigate. So who knows there. And the case, well, the case is going to be next to impossible to fix. My best chance is to very carefully dremel the plastic away from the wires, and solder a new wire onto the tiny little stub that remains. But no pressure, because I have 2 MTV's....to go with my 2 manifolds.
Detailed MTV pictures coming soon.
Today my dad helped me install the awesome Thermal R&D rear section. With some tweaking I'll be able to get the tips high, tight and centered in the cutout's. This muffler is beautiful. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.
Stainless band clamp...so much nicer than u-bolt clamps.
And I hid my throttle cables behind the intake mani. Got everything hooked up besides the battery, and I'm waiting on my VC.