vntneds 2gn R/T Round2

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
vntned
2GN Member

vntneds 2gn R/T Round2

Post by vntned » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:22 pm

So back in 'O6 I bought a 2gn R/T to replace my ailing 1gn Sport Coupe. I went from this...
to this...

All was good! I had put 70,000 hard miles on it and enjoyed the hell out of it up until last July. When my wife traded it in on an ever so dull Chevy Malibu. :(

Then started a very hectic period of trying to make DDs out of toys. Im not gonna go into serious detail of each vehicle so I'LL just throw up some pix.

1991 Shadow ES 2.5 Turbo2 5spd
1984 Omni GLH T1 5spd
1998 Neon DOHC 5spd Everything but cams!!!
(This thing freakin ripped! SUPER SLEEPER!)
1973 VW Squareback 1600 Dual Webers!
1988 Shelby CSX-T #213 2.5 T2 with T04E 40trim

...and then the wife said "ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Go get you another 2gn and quit fking around with all these POSs!!!"

So after passing on a no AC '02ACR, I ended up with this bone stock '03 R/T...

..well it lasted stock all of 4days! After all I didnt wanna pay for overnight delivery! So far Ive added the MP lip kit, Booger bushings, ES shifter base bushings, Prothane motor mount inserts, and my AEM cai off of my last R/T!

The car also has a new clutch, fresh brakes, new battery and new tires(so the wheels are stayin for awhile).
Ive got a Comp 400 cam, MPx UDP V2, Gates Racing timing belt, PCI tensioner, and water pump waiting to go in(hopefully this weekend).

Id also like to get a MPx midlength header, Thermal R&D rear section, and new headlights in the near future.
Last edited by vntned on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Love the CSX and GLH. I didnt see a VNT in the bunch? man i miss my rattle trap daytona VNT :crybaby:

Tro
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

vntned
2GN Member

Post by vntned » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:13 pm

had a '90 'Tona Shelby VNT years ago. Upgraded to a Garrett T28 VNT turbo custom cal and a few other mods. Ran hard considering how small VNT turbos really are. That was 8 years ago.

The pics above are all from the last 12 months. Ive had a total of 5 Daytonas) 1 base, 1 ES, 1 Turbo Z-CS, 1 ShelbyZ, and 1 Shelby VNT), 5 Omnis (3were GLH carb), 1 '72 Scamp /6 auto, 1 '74 Duster 318auto, 1 '71 Chrysler 300 440auto, 1 Spirit2.5 S70, 2 1gn DOHC 5spd, 2 2gns R/Ts, 2 Shelby Chargers T1/T2, 1 CSX, 1 CSX-T, 1 Sundance, 1 Shadow, 1 VW SB, 2 Suzuki Aerios(gay), and numerous parts cars!

Ultimately Id only want a few of em back. My first '85 GLH(SanteFe blue), my '72 Ply Scamp and my '96 DOHC Sport Coupe. The rest were fun but nothing really special to me.

My son was concieved in my first GLH, brought home from the hospital in my Scamp and my SportCoupe was just a lot of fun!

And of course I wanna keep my 2gn R/T as a daily.

Maybe after it gets settled I'll do another carbd GLH. I still have the low mile motor and trans out of my first GLH sitting. As well as a shed full of spare Lbody parts!

By the way, hows that SRT4 PCM working out for ya? Id like to be able to tune my R/T once I get all the mods done!

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 pm

I like the pcm alot. With the trinity it makes a great datalogger. Change parameters in 5 min. Added a few degrees of timing across the board. Noticeable midrange increase. Definitely req premium.

Ive really been too busy with work/side work to mess with cars. I originally bought the trinity to facilitate my 5.7 hemi swap into my 67 barracuda. Work got in the way and i was bit by the autox bug and been gun shy to commit to pulling the fish off the road for an extended period.

Tro
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

Return to “Progress/Project Log”