My turn

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
mjrpaine
2GN Member

My turn

Post by mjrpaine » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Ok ... I am now under way. I will be buying a lot of it with my tax return.

2005 Srt-4

purchase date: 5/27/2011

mileage: 118,500

color: Black

condition when bought: stock with steel rims and hubcaps (previous owner sold factory rims)

installed in car now:
AGP BOV
ACT DN4-HDG6 - NG
3D tail lights
RB1 radio

have to install:
Bwoody solid mounts powder coated grape flake
Booger bushing
Maddog 72% STS and Solid Shifter Cradle Bushings (cheaper then ASP)
Halo projector headlights with HID lo beam
Raceland coilovers
lighted visors
08 Charger chrome grill

wish list:
Diablosport Intune Tuner
N2MB WOT Box 2 Step Launch Control & No Lift Shift
AEM UEGO Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Wideband Gauge
Walbro 255 LPH High Flow Fuel Pump
Prothane Total Suspension Bushing Kit
Door Sill Plates
Catch can
I know I have a few more items ... I just cant think of it now.

This was right before the meet we had in Charlton Ma at Plouffe's Yankee Diner

The next 6 pictures are just what I shot really quick tonight in a parking garage at school.

you can see the damage I did yesterday when my car slid in some mud and the lower skirts hit a rock. I am sooo p.o.'d at myself for it. But I have them coming from ebay in factory black color.

This is the dent the dealer put in it when they were doing work on the car. The paid me $200 to get it fixed. I will do it on my own.

the rust on my passenger fender. (getting fiderglass f1 fenders soon)

The rip in my drivers seat

This is the ripped area on my dash just in front of the steering wheel.
Last edited by mjrpaine on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Official " I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies " Club # 132
Jason

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 am

Updated
Jason

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 am

Rip in the driver's seat isn't too bad you could have a local upholstery shop repair that in no time for a decent price. If you don't know any I have an awesome one down here in RI on the MA border. Totally random but I so want Vipers for my daily, I miss the hugs they give.

Oh and... I think this thread needs a better picture....or two.

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks Crystal ... and you even got me in the top photo ... lol

as for the rip .. I got a place here that can repair it ... but I am looking at taking out the black vinyl on all the seats and putting in a purple to match plum crazy ... and paint a couple interior pieces the same. I got a sample of one color now ... waiting on a few more.
Jason

DodgeEvo
2GN Member

Post by DodgeEvo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Looks Good, cant wait to see it in person at a meet hopefully :lol:
Patrick

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 pm

DodgeEvo wrote:Looks Good, cant wait to see it in person at a meet hopefully :lol:
And I think it will look better once I get those fenders from you and put them on ....
Jason

DodgeEvo
2GN Member

Post by DodgeEvo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Ya it will give it a different look. Going to have to do some work on them. Some small little cracks.
Patrick

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Not a problem. Gonna do some work to the front bumper also ... gotta pick up a grill from an 08 Charger and fit it in there ... lol.

On another note ... just got an email from Modern Performance ... I have a list of like $1550 to order from them and he told me anything over $1000 has free shipping ... so thats good. Plus its all in stock and I can get it withing a few days from when I order. :thumbup:
Jason

DodgeEvo
2GN Member

Post by DodgeEvo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Cool
Patrick

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Re: My turn

Post by theColonel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:11 pm

:thumbup: Your car shows a lot of promise.
mjrpaine wrote:Ok ... I am now under way. I will be buying a lot of it with my tax return.

2005 Srt-4

purchase date: 5/27/2011

mileage: 118,500

color: Black

condition when bought: stock with steel rims and hubcaps (previous owner sold factory rims)
What size steel rims clear the SRT-4 disc brakes ? My factory SXT alloy wheels (fat flakes) wouldn't fit over the SRT-4 calipers, but aftermarket 15 inch wheels worked fine.
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 pm

They are an aftermarket universal 5 lug 15" rim.

They have 195-65-15 on them. You can see the Walmart hubcaps in the pictures ... lol.

Edit: Just got this email at 8:55 pm ... YEAH BOY !!!

Jason,
Here is your Maddog STS order payment confirmation number:

Your Maddog STS should be ready to ship on Tuesday, February 21, 2012.

Thank you for your order, and have a nice evening

Sincerely,
Chuck Gregory,
aka Maddog
Jason

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Booger bushings came in today. Waiting on my STS and solid cradle mounts ... hopefully by the end of the week I will throw them all in. I should also have my replacement side skirts in by then too. I am still pissed at myself for that issue.
Jason

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 am

Its like Christmas all over ...

Bwoody solid mounts came in about 30 minutes ago ...
Jason

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:32 pm

So I got my maddog sys and solid cradle bushings last week ...

And today I just picked up the 3D tail lights for $75the and he thru in a clear 3rd brake light for free ... which is NOT going in my car.

And from someone else I got the factory rims with tires that should get me til spring time for $250. So I am happy for now ...

Just need to come up with a name for this car ... lol
Last edited by mjrpaine on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

DodgeEvo
2GN Member

Post by DodgeEvo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Cool, sorry I didn't make it with the fenders today. Didnt feel to good, but pics please :D
Patrick

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Not problem man ... we will get together soon ... and on that day I will have my car ... today was the truck because I had to pick up the rims.

As for pics ... they will be up probably Tuesday night once I get these on the car.
Jason

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:49 am

Wow ... can't believe its been soooo long since I posted here. Well I will carry over the pics of my car later to show the damageto her now ... then as I repair her ... I will update photos thru it. I am going to put the fiberglass fenders on the front and the grill insert into the front bumper. I am also going to be repainting the whole car. I also want to put some stripes on her but not sure which way to go on them. I don't know if I want to do flat black decals on the base coat and clear over it all ... or if I want to mask it off and do plum crazy purple base and clear over everything. I'm kinda leaning more towards the plum crazy ...
Last edited by mjrpaine on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 am

Somehow I had missed this thread earlier. Keep us posted! :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 pm

OMG ... my luck just gets worse every time I turn around. I went and took a test to get my life license for work ... and on the way home ... some IDIOT decided to come into my lane and hit my left front fender, bumper and light. He was sited on the spot from the state trooper. So my insurance is paying for the repair and then going after his insurance. My buddy wrote up the estimate for $1461 ... so now its time to get new projector lights and finish the whole paint job like I wanted. Then install all the other parts I have bought for it and then sell it.

The fiancé is expecting ... there for its time to lose the srt-4 and get a caravan ... maybe I can get that one with the srt motor in it ... lol
Jason

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:04 pm

mjrpaine wrote:... there for its time to lose the srt-4 and get a caravan ...
WHAT? :shock:
mjrpaine wrote:maybe I can get that one with the srt motor in it ... lol
More like it! :D
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:15 am

Scratches head, it's a 4 dr car, how is that not kid friendly. I haul 2 kids and a wife in mine...

At any rate good luck to you on the repairs
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:13 am

I didn't say it wasn't kid friendly ...

But when I have 2 teenage daughters ... she has a 3 yr old son in a booster seat ... and now another in the way ... its not big enough ... lol.
Jason

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:01 am

mjrpaine wrote: so now its time to get new projector lights and finish the whole paint job like I wanted. Then install all the other parts I have bought for it and then sell it.
Why not leave it as close to stock as you can to sell it? Adding things just to sell it may not actually help sell it.

You may get more for what you have not installed on it by selling those items separately. A perspective buyer may not like what you've added, and not want to pay for the extras.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Pimp_Daddy_Patty
2GN Member

Post by Pimp_Daddy_Patty » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

Time for an SRT swapped Caravan?
'04 SX 2.0T 5 speed
'98 2.4 3 speed 50 trim drag car 12.1 1/4 mile
'94 Ranger 4.0 swap 5 speed (tow vehicle)

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:00 pm

occasional demons wrote:
mjrpaine wrote: so now its time to get new projector lights and finish the whole paint job like I wanted. Then install all the other parts I have bought for it and then sell it.
Why not leave it as close to stock as you can to sell it? Adding things just to sell it may not actually help sell it.

You may get more for what you have not installed on it by selling those items separately. A perspective buyer may not like what you've added, and not want to pay for the extras.
The headlights are cracked and faded ... projector lights are cheaper then stock replacements ...

The suspension is shot ... so I have raceland coilovers to replace ... I'm starting to get sea sick when I drive ...

I have booger bushings to put in and the last of the 3 solid motor mounts.

The other stuff I have that may not go in are - maddog sts, solid cradle mounts, Mopar front and rear strut tower braces. I will also take out the RB1 and put back the factory CD player.
Jason

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:40 pm

mjrpaine wrote:OMG ... my luck just gets worse every time I turn around. I went and took a test to get my life license for work ... and on the way home ... some IDIOT decided to come into my lane and hit my left front fender, bumper and light. He was sited on the spot from the state trooper. So my insurance is paying for the repair and then going after his insurance. My buddy wrote up the estimate for $1461 ... so now its time to get new projector lights and finish the whole paint job like I wanted. Then install all the other parts I have bought for it and then sell it.

The fiancé is expecting ... there for its time to lose the srt-4 and get a caravan ... maybe I can get that one with the srt motor in it ... lol
None came with an SRT motor, but in 89 and 90 they came with a turbo motor like the daytonas had. The 91-95's came with 2.5 4-bangers, 96-newer you can find 2.4's, but they are dogs with how heavy the vans got.

How much you think you'll be selling it for?

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

I made the comment about the one with the SRT motor in it because there is a video of someone that put one in a van.

When I sell it ... since its going to have a brand new paint job and all ... I'm thinking around 7k.

Unless someone has a couple grand cash and a good caravan with stow and go seats to trade also ...
Jason

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Jason

Pimp_Daddy_Patty
2GN Member

Post by Pimp_Daddy_Patty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:54 am

A turbo Caravan would be interesting for sure.
'04 SX 2.0T 5 speed
'98 2.4 3 speed 50 trim drag car 12.1 1/4 mile
'94 Ranger 4.0 swap 5 speed (tow vehicle)

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:59 am

Ok so its been about 5 months since I did an update ... time for another one. Plus I updated the original post.

I have since bought the wife (we got married Feb. 23) a 1997 Grand Caravan with 200K on it for $450 ... did an axle seal and it runs great. So she is happy.

I bought myself a 2006 Ram 1500 4rd short bed with a hemi ... 78,000 miles on it ... will post pics of that soon ... lol.

Now I am going to work on the neon ... and most likely keep it.

Did a little tear down the other day. R fender is off and headlights are out. I sold them and the body kit I had laying around to my ex for her POS neon she has. Her new husband says he is going to fix it .. what ever ... I got cash for some parts that I don't need ... lol. Next is to sell them the antenna because I am buying a hidden antenna this week.

I tried fitting some fiberglass fenders that I picked up from Jake r34neon01 ... but they are about 1/2 inch to short to fit from the door to the fender ... I even cut into the frame horns to fit the vents ... just not gonna happen. So I will be welding that back together next weekend.

I am ordering the hidden antenna ... so I am also going to be getting a new fender for that side ... since I sold the old rusted one. And since the other side is pretty banged up ... I am going to get that one also ... and I am ordering them BOTH with out the antenna hole cut in them.

Once I edge them I will throw them back on and start working on the bumper. Gotta fix some cracks in it ... the cut out the cross hairs and install that charger grill. I am debating wether I want to leave it chrome ... or plasti dip it matte black after I have it fitted right.

Then its onto the rest of the body ... dents here and there to fix ... change one door panel since I replaced the door ... also putting in my old window in that door ... to keep the same tint for now. Gonna change that also at some point. Also considering doing a wild paint job on the hood. Something with a big Dodge emblem that lights up (its a paint that you can put electricity to and it will light up) ... just for show ... lol. And see how it all comes out when I am done. Hopefully I can manage the time to do this before summer is done ...
Jason

Return to “Progress/Project Log”