Beginning again... 2004 Neon Repair

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 am

RobsProjectSOHC wrote:I like it when people give life back into cars....looks fresh, keep it up!
Thanks, Rob. I appreciate the comment.

The vinyl is just a temporary solution for the hood and skirts, I'm hoping to have both painted at some point this year (which could be never at the pace I move). I was looking for a decent body shop that would give me a deal, but in the end I'll probably end up purchasing a couple of quarts and doing it myself. (But there's a lot of mechanical maintenance as well as the repair on the 2004 that is still pending.)

The interior is in great shape, but I'm planning on removing everything one by one and deep cleaning that thing. I cleaned when I first bought it, but I notice small spots I missed so...

I have a couple of parts that need replacing, a couple of pieces I'm always on the lookout for... I really like the community here so it's been pretty cool to stick around a learn a bit about these cars.

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Little update, was able to get another trip permit as I slog through the ridiculous registration process nightmare that I've found myself in. A 'supposed' white 2004 Neon showed up in a nearby parts yard... yeah not a 2004, was a 00-02 that someone had replaced the front bumper on (like what I did with the 2002 I own). So I wasn't really able to get any parts of it like I had hoped for my 04.

Single fan setup, no A/C condensor, bumper, fenders, and hood with more dings than I would be willing to live with. But I did replace a piece of the 02. That small baffling between the throttle body and the intake manifold. Mine was... deformed.

It was squished, and would compress even further when the car was running, so I knew it was having a hard time getting enough air.

But I didn't realize how bad it was until I pulled it off and looked down. Apparently the baffling as hard plastic rings that keep the shape and keep it relatively smooth inside for airflow, but still allow it to the bend.

The rings had turned sideways inside the baffling. The picture was taken after I had already removed 3 of the six rings... the airflow was next to the nothing. Needless to say that power-wise it was a night and day difference.

Also, I started chipping out some of the dirt and build up inside the rear fenders that had built up, I've washed it a few times, but have yet to thoroughly clean it. After seeing all the crap that was built up... I think I might have put it off too long. The previous owner lived out in a rural part of southwest Washington and it was just full of crusted mud and pine needles.

trojmn
2GN Member

Post by trojmn » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 am

rehack wrote:Also, I started chipping out some of the dirt and build up inside the rear fenders that had built up, I've washed it a few times, but have yet to thoroughly clean it. After seeing all the crap that was built up... I think I might have put it off too long.
have you pulled the front fender liners yet? ;-)
03 SRT
Now building for GS ;-)

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:46 pm

trojmn wrote:have you pulled the front fender liners yet? ;-)
I have replaced on the body panels on the front of the car, and in doin g so removed the fender liners... basically just full of pine needles. Like jammed up in there. Filled a grocery sack with them. Previous owner was using the fenders to get some compost going... <shudders>

But it's mostly all good now. I have the day off tomorrow so I'll probably work on the car a bit. My To-Do list for the Neon is pretty long, I've got it on Evernote on all my devices so whenever I think of something else I can add it on pretty quickly. It's really convenient but also builds up and builds up until it almost seems insurmountable after awhile.

On a more positive note, I am hoping to get the side skirts ready and installed soon. It just keeps getting put off as I tackle other, more pressing things. Same goes with my wanting to remove most of the badging. I have a plotter so I contemplated cutting vinyls in Dodge's more current font, that sort of thing. I don't know what I'll do yet.

Have a good week everyone.

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Another couple of months gone.

Got the last couple of pieces put onto the front of the 02. Picked up another grill and found another piece of grill trim for the 04.

I thought the little bit of chrome on the grill trim was ridiculous, so I did what a lot of other guys have done and I plastidipped it. It turned out pretty well, but, like most first attempts, there are things I would do differently on my next go around. I also got tired of waiting for a nose badge, I'm never in time to the parts yards to get it, and they want too much IMO for a new one. So I used my plotter to make a stand-in.

Not too bad, if I do say so myself. Now to find a 2003+ Rear bumper in PR4 and I'll be a happy boy. Unfortunately, starting to have some sensor issues. The Oil-pressure light comes on whenever I go to an idle. Oil level is perfect, engine temp is nice and frosty, just goes on and off, on and off... saw several of the same problem on a smattering of dodge boards and they all say it's the pressure sending unit. And now the brake light, the one that comes on with the E-brake, flashes on any time you aren't depressing the foot brake... and I never use the E-brake to begin with, so...

It's always one thing or another with cars in general, so I'm not really surprised by any of it. There's always something that needs replaced or repaired. And it's a quirky, little car in the first place, so I can only expect so much, I'm trying to bring it back from the brink.

I have noticed that I am only getting about 23-25 mpg from it and I drive this thing easy. It's an automatic and kind of doggy to begin with, so I take it real slow and never rev it up, even with new filters, 89 octane fuel... stuck in the mid 20's. If anyone has any advice for any of these issues feel free to chime in, though I'll be searching through the forums so don't feel too obligated, haha.

In other words, progress has been good. I'll have to wait on the side skirts for a little while anyways, but I'm hoping to get them on before the end of the summer. See you all around!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:18 am

Unfortunately, you may be stuck with the gas mileage. The automatics weren't rated very high from the factory. The oil pressure switch isn't too hard to change, it's on the back of the block just above the oil pan. When you do change it put a smear of black RTV on it so it doesn't leak in the future. The brake light switch could just be from low brake fluid. If the pads are getting low up front it could be causing it.

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:25 am

INVUJerry wrote:Unfortunately, you may be stuck with the gas mileage. The automatics weren't rated very high from the factory. The oil pressure switch isn't too hard to change, it's on the back of the block just above the oil pan. When you do change it put a smear of black RTV on it so it doesn't leak in the future. The brake light switch could just be from low brake fluid. If the pads are getting low up front it could be causing it.
Whoa... that was very succinct, Jerry, thank you for that.

Yeah, the gas mileage bums me out. My 2004 is also an AT, but gets more like 30-32, it's noticeably worse with this 2002. Also, what is the deal with front power windows and manual rears in my 2002 SXT? That seems half-assed... literally. I'll get the pressure sending unit and double check the brake fluid, I do a maintenance check every two weeks on both of my cars and it read full, but maybe something has happened since.

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 am

Two week maintenance today.

Oil change, replaced the oil pressure switch, and topped off all fluids. As Jerry surmised, the brake warning light is gone, as well as the oil pressure light. Cleaned it out and what not. I really like this car, even with how rough it is I still enjoy it, best $400 I ever spent, haha.

Taking the 2002 on it's first road trip tomorrow, 300 miles to meet up with friends in a little, lakeside town for a couple of nights of camping and BBQ.

Have a good weekend everyone!

redneckmoparman
2GN Member

Post by redneckmoparman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Glad to see you got some of that fixed. As for the gas mileage, check your plugs and replace the wires those seem to be the usual suspect. Also, all neons come only with front power windows. 1995 up to 2005 no matter what options they will always have rear manual windows. However, there was a factory dealer installed rear power window kit mostly only SRT-4 owners got them, and have recently become available again.
ImageJason AKA Bootz

"You sound confused, you start with "I have this what can I do?" and then wander off into turbo land."

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Sun May 11, 2014 4:54 pm

It has been awhile, my friends. Almost a year since I've updated this thread.

The 02 is going strong, it still has an occasional hiccup (tranny not shifting for a moment or gauges going dark until I unplug the batt for a few minutes).

Until last night I hadn't even thought much of the 04, which is sitting under a tarp at my in-laws farm. But I think it is time to get it working. My main car, since I was 17, has been a Vogue silver metallic 1996 Acura Integra LS hatchback. Well, after 18 years in service, and the last 10 with me, I feel it deserves some R&R. Some spa time. It needs a new axle, new rotors and calipers, and new suspension all around.

But because its my primary car, I have driven it almost every day for 10 years, I couldn't have it go out of service! And my 10 mpg pickup is not an option.

So I will officially become a Neon driver. In the next few weeks I'm going to repair the 04 and it will become my primary car for the foreseeable future.

Just thought I would share, have a good weekend everyone.

P.S. I have a WTB post with all the stuff I still need for the 04, I'm picking up a radiator locally but if anyone has a PS pump or just the pulley, or the reservoir, message me.
Last edited by rehack on Sun May 11, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun May 11, 2014 8:55 pm

redneckmoparman wrote:...there was a factory dealer installed rear power window kit mostly only SRT-4 owners got them, and have recently become available again.
O reily? First I've heard of this. :shock: Where can I learn more? [/hijack]
rehack wrote:So I will officially become a Neon driver. In the next few weeks I'm going to repair the 04 and it will become my primary car for the foreseeable future.
=D>
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Sun May 11, 2014 11:46 pm

PW1 Hood and Fenders pending pickup tomorrow morning!!

Possibly PS Pump and Rad/Fan Assembly if all goes well! He told me the car had a dual-fan assembly on it, so I might try to purchase that stuff off of him at the same time, just depends on how nice the guy and if he's willing to deal!

We are going to get this shit done quick hopefully! Could be a morning pulling parts and an afternoon installing them. You guys going to be available for question-and-answer-time tomorrow when it doesn't start?

Future plans include returning the 2002 PR4 into a 2002, I still have the 2002 front fascia and headlights (just need a grill), and then getting the 2004 PW1 back into fighting shape! If I were to just pick up the radiator and fan assembly, I could get the car running, it just wouldn't have power steering for a bit. Everyone cross their fringers that this goes smoothly, I'm going to drop a couple of Benjies on parts tomorrow and we'll see if we can get this thing on it's way down the road again!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun May 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
redneckmoparman wrote:...there was a factory dealer installed rear power window kit mostly only SRT-4 owners got them, and have recently become available again.
O reily? First I've heard of this. :shock: Where can I learn more? [/hijack]
rehack wrote:So I will officially become a Neon driver. In the next few weeks I'm going to repair the 04 and it will become my primary car for the foreseeable future.
=D>
I think you can get the kit from jegs for $200 or so.
rehack wrote:PW1 Hood and Fenders pending pickup tomorrow morning!!

Possibly PS Pump and Rad/Fan Assembly if all goes well! He told me the car had a dual-fan assembly on it, so I might try to purchase that stuff off of him at the same time, just depends on how nice the guy and if he's willing to deal!

We are going to get this shit done quick hopefully! Could be a morning pulling parts and an afternoon installing them. You guys going to be available for question-and-answer-time tomorrow when it doesn't start?

Future plans include returning the 2002 PR4 into a 2002, I still have the 2002 front fascia and headlights (just need a grill), and then getting the 2004 PW1 back into fighting shape! If I were to just pick up the radiator and fan assembly, I could get the car running, it just wouldn't have power steering for a bit. Everyone cross their fringers that this goes smoothly, I'm going to drop a couple of Benjies on parts tomorrow and we'll see if we can get this thing on it's way down the road again!
Let me know if you need more stuff. I have an 04 set parts car.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:18 am

To be clear it was NEVER a dealer or factory installed option. It was a kit someone through together with various oem chrysler parts
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Mon May 12, 2014 3:31 pm

So I might have just bought another neon...

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Mon May 12, 2014 9:45 pm

It was a little more than I wanted to pay, but I managed to get a pretty nice little neon for $300. It's a 2002, don't know about mileage or anything because it has no battery. All the previous owner knows is that he doesn't have a title and that it just quit running one day when his wife was driving. No noise or anything, it just shut off and he couldn't get it to start again.

Fast forward about 5 months and he wanted it gone. Minus a rear door that he sold to someone off of craigslist 2 days ago, it is complete! Unfortunately, it is also a base model and it has an even uglier interior than what is in the 2004. So the interior isn't useful to me, neither are all the other parts that aren't needed for the 2004 to run. If anyone needs headlights, sideview mirrors, any interior pieces, feel free to let me know. I'm sure the block and tranny are even good if someone were interested. I'll have to make a pretty comprehensive for sale thread when I start tearing into it. So starting tomorrow afternoon, or possibly Wednesday, I'll be swapping parts off of the 02 onto the 04.

Hood, fenders, radiator, A/C condenser, power steering pump, one of the A/C lines that was mangled in the crash, intake housing, battery tray, bumper, inner fenders... and a few other bits most likely.

It's going to be a nice little project.

redneckmoparman
2GN Member

Post by redneckmoparman » Wed May 14, 2014 5:13 am

hmmmm i think i might have to come get some parts form you soon
ImageJason AKA Bootz

"You sound confused, you start with "I have this what can I do?" and then wander off into turbo land."

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Thu May 15, 2014 5:45 pm

redneckmoparman wrote:hmmmm i think i might have to come get some parts form you soon
You just let me know when and we'll work it out. It would be cool to meet you! The tear down has begun so by the time you show up it will probably be a piece of cake to get anything you want. If you had something specific in mind, just let me know and I can take a few pictures for you when I'm out there next time.

Spent a couple of hours out there this morning carefully removing the body panels.
Fenders, bumper, grill, and fender liners are all removed and tucked inside the cabin right now.

The grill seemed a little rough, unfortunately :(, had a couple of cracks in it (I might try to repair it with some epoxy and still use it.) The driver's side fender was aftermarket, so it's been replaced at some point, the passenger side fender, bumper, and headlights are factory with Chrysler stamped on them. So that worked out well. I left the hood on because it is supposed to rain in the next couple of days so I wanted to keep most of the water off. Didn't do much to the 04 because the wasps were out in force and I ran out of wasp killer, will regroup and head back out tomorrow to take care of those bastards.

Should be going to pick up my brothers welder tomorrow so I can weld in some patch panels in the bay that got bent or twisted up in the accident. I am excited for that part, I haven't gotten to do any automotive welding since I got my welding certs last year! I will be cutting on the core support from the 02 and welding it onto the 04, as well as welding in some of the sheet metal below the frame rails and the sidewalls of the engine bay.

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Fri May 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Got a lot done today!

Pulled the core supports off of both cars, removed the hoods, replaced a couple of A/C components that got mangled on the 04, pulled the condenser/radiator/fans, threw out the old power steering pump, and murdered a whole lot of wasps.

Took off after spending all morning trying to get everything sorted out. Fit everything up before I left though.

It's coming along, a couple more mornings and I'll be finished with the mechanical repairs and then I can replace a couple of body panels, give it a good wash and get it rolling again.

Also, I noticed this unit bolted to the passenger side frame rail of the 02, anyone know what it is:

Jean-Seb
2GN Member

Post by Jean-Seb » Sat May 17, 2014 2:03 am

Darn wasps ! :rofl:

Your project(s) is/are coming along really nicely. They, as well as your Integra, are very lucky to have you as an owner. :)

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Sun May 18, 2014 4:03 am

Jean-Seb wrote:Darn wasps ! :rofl:

Your project(s) is/are coming along really nicely. They, as well as your Integra, are very lucky to have you as an owner. :)
Thanks, man.

I'm trying my best. Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Didn't work on it today, stayed home and relaxed with my family. The cars are at my father-in-laws farm about 25 miles away so it kind of sucks making the drive out there repeatedly.

But tomorrow I should be back out there. I only took a smaller set of wrenches and sockets with me when I went out and I found myself needing a 19 mm to take the metal line off of the bottom of the new power steering pump... and I didn't have it with me, so that's when I decided to call it quits yesterday.

I really want to just connect everything, get it all hooked up, but I know it will be a lot easier to do the welding on the cross member, and the subsequent painting over the welded areas, without everything reinstalled, hopefully I can get some welding done tomorrow or Monday morning. Something else that sucks is that I need to replace the battery. It is the original factory battery, says Chrysler on it, so that puts it's age at 10 years this year.

redneckmoparman
2GN Member

Post by redneckmoparman » Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 pm

that is the tcm transmission control module for the automatic only on the 2002 neons beacuse older ones had mechanical transmissions and newer ngc neons have the tcm integrated into the main ecu but the older sbec computers found in the 2002-1996 neons dont have the internal hardware so they had to add a control module
ImageJason AKA Bootz

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Mon May 19, 2014 8:51 pm

redneckmoparman wrote:that is the tcm transmission control module for the automatic only on the 2002 neons beacuse older ones had mechanical transmissions and newer ngc neons have the tcm integrated into the main ecu but the older sbec computers found in the 2002-1996 neons dont have the internal hardware so they had to add a control module
That was actually going to be a guess, only because I couldn't think of anything else that would require a second module. Thanks for letting me know, Jason.

I spent another day in paradise today! Replaced the Power Steering Pump on the 04, replaced the serpentine belt, replaced the throttle body (which had gotten a little crushed), and cleaned up/prepped a little for the core support to be welded in.

Hopefully tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday evening I'll be welding in the core support and starting to fit up the exterior pieces. Than I just have to hook up the radiator/fan/condenser unit and it's mechanically repaired! Due to convenience I'm going to put on the 2002 bumper and headlights until I get a new year correct bumper and headlights.

Also, my red 02 got rear-ended back in January, the bumper is cracked up and I picked up a replacement, but with all the other crap I had going I still hadn't sprayed it. Well a local yard has a 2000 PR4 Neon, so I called and I'm going in the morning to have a look at the bumper, he said it looked in decent shape. So for the low price of $65 I might have saved myself some hassle!

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Wed May 21, 2014 12:46 am

Another break!

Seems like all of my time lately has been tied up just trying to fix one or the other of these cars. But I was able to fix the PR4 today.

In January it got rear-ended. I had picked up a used bumper for it in dark blue and had intended to repaint it, but never found the time... (Mostly due to laziness)

But yesterday a wrecker in Clackamas had a 2000 PR4 with a good rear end! So after one of the strangest parts pulling experiences of my life and for $50, I got a pretty decent shape bumper that already matches!

It isn't perfect, it has a few spots that have some flaking clearcoat, but the bumper itself didn't have any cracks, both bottom tabs were solid and it was the right price at the right time! I also feel much less embarrassed driving it, which is nice. I have been painting the R/T side skirts to go on this car, so once the 04 is fixed and driving I may switch gears and finish that little project. Tomorrow I should be welding up the core support on the 04 and finishing the mechanical repairs, than I just have to replace the body panels, make sure they line up well, and it's back in business. I ran a year ago, so hopefully time has been kind to it and it won't give me too many problems, and the 04 has new tires so that is one less thing to worry about, though I am going to start scouting for new wheels for it...

Have a good week everyone, I've been checking the forum pretty frequently now and I'm mostly just in awe at the caliber of the projects going on here. You all are rad and inspiring. That is all.

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Thu May 22, 2014 1:47 am

Back to the 04!

Began welding the core support tonight, got a late start so I had to call it on account of total darkness. I got both ends and the center finished and now I just need to go through and weld all the tabs.

My father-in-law ended up having a couple of dozen c-clamps, so before I headed home I clamped all the remaining seams together. When I show up tomorrow I'll be able to go straight to welding and should have the core support all finished, ground smooth, and painted by lunch time if I stay on it. I'm having to take my time and be careful not to melt any of the wiring that runs all around this thing. The core support itself isn't perfect, so once it's solid I'll have to take a sledge and give the car a little Swedish persuasion, if you know what I mean.

Than I put in the rad/fan/condenser, put the throttle body and air box back in and start fitting up panels! It's going to start moving quickly after I get the core support finished up!

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Fri May 23, 2014 2:54 am

Before I left last night I clamped up all the areas to be welded, so when I showed up this morning I just had to fire up the welder and start moving! By the way, if you're considering a small MIG welder, this Hobart unit (The 180 model) I was using is inconvenient at best.

Spent a while out on the car today, a few hours this morning and a couple more hours this afternoon. Welding with flux core on steel this thin is no fun, people. I should have refilled the gas bottle and used a solid wire, like .023, but considering it was fairly windy out today, I wouldn't have been able to MIG weld it anyway.

I finished welding the core support, ground the welds smooth and did a quick spray paint to keep it from rusting when it rains this weekend.

That first coat of spray paint is probably going to serve as a guide coat when I do some adjustments to the core support while fitting up the panels. I think it turned out okay, we'll see how the panels fit at the end.

Every day is one step closer to this being my running and driving daily.

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Sun May 25, 2014 5:58 am

Skipped a day but I was back at it today. Today the goal was to fix the battery wires (At the scene of the accident the Fire Department cut the wires... in two places.) So the wires were just kind of haphazardly spliced together by me a while ago so I could get the car running, now I needed to fix them. Luckily, I had that parts car sitting there!

The red wire going to the starter has a different end between the 02 and the 04, so I still have to split the red wire between the starter and battery, but the black wire was replaced easily. I have a bunch of soldering to do on this car right now, there are just loose wires all over. The lower driver's side turn signal in the bumper is just 2 wires hanging (and apparently that's a common thing since all 3 of the Neons I've owned have had 1 or both of those side markers cut and gone). There is a sensor going to the battery-tray-cozy-thing that has both wires broken. That one battery wire needs to be soldered together, and lastly the dual fan wiring was different from 02 to 04.

ImageImage

The harness on the fans is a 2-wire (above left), whereas the 04 had a 3-wire (above right), probably so it can run 1 fan and then kick on the 2nd fan when needed. Unfortunately, the fan connectors themselves were not he same, so I am going to splice the connectors on the fans onto the old harness from the 04.

But other than that, everything went together pretty easily. I put the throttle body back in place, and, as soon as I slide the fans back into place tomorrow, I'll put the airbox back in and solder the last connections and call it a day on the mechanical repairs. All the fluid levels were good so I'll just add coolant and crank this puppy over.

Getting so close! Though I know once it's running there are going to be a lot of maintenance work to be done. It'll be a few months to iron out all of the issues, I mean, it's been sitting for 2 years. I'll also need to recharge the A/C now that I've replaced the missing/broken components. Another thing that this car needs is an interior trunk release for God's sake.

redneckmoparman
2GN Member

Post by redneckmoparman » Mon May 26, 2014 6:34 pm

awesome! lookin good! for the trunk release what i did is found a jy one and the latch and trunk harness bolted right up and plugged in but the wire ends under the dash(the only harness in the car that doesnt have all options in it already) that you can either swap out the entire dash harness(easier than it sounds honestly) and then have the possibility of running a power lock remote and trunk pop or just do what i did lol it should be in my progress log if not ill update it and add pics of the install
ImageJason AKA Bootz

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 pm

So, I'm about 95% of the way to completion on this thing.

I have 2 issues that are yet to be completed: Fans and Hood.

The car is running, and runs smooth as eggs. But the fans don't kick on, after idling for about 45 minutes while I was was working on other things, the temp gauge was slowly creeping to H and I backed her into her designated spot and shut her off. I rewired the fans from the 2 wire to 3 wire on the 04, in doing so I twisted the wires together and soldered them, taped them up and plugged it all back in. The joints were definitely good enough for a connection and the wires were the same colors on both the 02 and 04 harnesses, I just joined red to red, white to white. What I did not check was voltage running to the harness (I didn't have a test light or a voltmeter with me). I also didn't check the fuse (which I should have done but forgot to before I left it for the night).

My second issue is hood fitment. You can see it in the picture, massive gap on driver's side, little to no gap on passengers side. Rear (or back) of the hood is even gap side to side (and even that gap is wider than I would like.) Also, the passenger side fender was adjusted perfectly, but after messing with the bumper for so long and jerking on it and what not, it walked forward on me a bit so I'll have to try to get the gap between door and fender uniform again.

I knew fitment would be a bitch. But I messed with the hood for probably 20 minutes and I eventually got frustrated and called it for the evening. Anyone have any hood fitment advice on how to get the nose of it to hit dead center? Even if I have to undo one bolt on the bracket to get it swing and then drill new holes, I don't care, I just want the gap to look uniform so it looks the best that is possible.

Also, the 02 Front doesn't look too bad, huh? I may order a Civic lip for it and am hoping, maybe, possibly to slam it later this year. Just for fun. I wouldn't do it to the Integra because I'd be worried about the function of it but this is an automatic, just a cruise-around car, so it might be fun to experiment a bit. I dunno, I've gained a ton of appreciation for this thing after basically forcing myself to work on it every day (or every other day at least) for the last couple of weeks. It's been a pretty great experience, even when things didn't work out exactly as planned. Tranny seemed like it ran smooth, tires are almost new (about 1,000 miles on them), and it looks pretty decent (and I still have a nearly complete parts car in case I want to change anything else out.

As soon as I figure out the fan situation I will be driving it straight down to the DEQ station so it can clear emissions and then on to the DMV! So close to having this thing licensed and rolling!

redneckmoparman
2GN Member

Post by redneckmoparman » Wed May 28, 2014 3:42 am

quick and easy to check the fans is pull out the relay under the hood and jumper the two power pins and see if the fans kick off if not then its your wiring if they do then the relay is bad maybe try swapping it with the horn relay or something that you know works and see if they work then
ImageJason AKA Bootz

Return to “Progress/Project Log”