Beginning again... 2004 Neon Repair

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:04 pm

ITS ALIIIIIVE!!!!

Looks like I dredged it out of a swamp. (Not quite so severe, but it's filthy and all the orifices are growing moss and algae.) Passed emissions without a problem, got it rego'd today. Just needs some TLC and it'll be a nice grocery-getter again. I strongly dislike the automatic transmission.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:17 am

As long as it is just moss and algae and not rust. :shock: Another Neon saved. :thumbup:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:23 pm

rehack wrote:Image

ITS ALIIIIIVE!!!!

Looks like I dredged it out of a swamp. (Not quite so severe, but it's filthy and all the orifices are growing moss and algae.) Passed emissions without a problem, got it rego'd today. Just needs some TLC and it'll be a nice grocery-getter again. I strongly dislike the automatic transmission.
Judging from the picture, it looks like dirt (not rust)... and it should clean up quite nicely. :)

I agree with Bill... Another Neon saved. :thumbup:

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:23 pm

NickKo wrote: I agree with David... Another Neon saved. :thumbup:
- Nick

Fixed. :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:08 pm

occasional demons wrote:
NickKo wrote: I agree with David... Another Neon saved. :thumbup:
- Nick

Fixed. :lol:
oooops. :oops: :lol:

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

redneckmoparman
2GN Member

Post by redneckmoparman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:00 am

Sweet! been wondering if you sold your neons lol you wouldnt happen to have a parts car would you?
ImageJason AKA Bootz

"You sound confused, you start with "I have this what can I do?" and then wander off into turbo land."

rehack
2GN Member

Post by rehack » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Car threw a P0340. Searched around and it seems to be fairly common. Bought a replacement cam position sensor and I'll install it later today. White neon is all cleaned up, had to remove the lights and pull everything apart to clean everything. Runs good, I've been driving it for the last month or so about 60 miles a day, no issues, it's the lowest trim model so everything is manual, which is kind of nice, truth be told. My old Integra is power everything and, as it ages, I find myself replacing more and more and more.

Anyway, it is working out well so far, I need to get another key made, it only ever had one, so I've been nervous about losing it, even though I haven't in the 6 years of owning it. Anyways, I still have a set of R/T sideskirts that I want to put on it, I'll probably paint them satin black, keep the car pretty monochrome, white and black.

Return to “Progress/Project Log”