thomas_w's log

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Re: thomas_w's log

Post by Neon4Life » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:16 am

Hey, so even in this cold weather your Neon is Overheating..? That's how I'm understanding it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:03 pm

Neon4Life wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:16 am
Hey, so even in this cold weather your Neon is Overheating..? That's how I'm understanding it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
No, if it is cold the car is fine. It only overheats with the AC on and 95 plus degrees outside.
--
Thomas

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Could try adding something like Redline Water Wetter, or 40º Below, to aid in the thermal transfer qualities of the coolant.

The nice thing about at least Water Wetter, is the heater seems works better in the winter. So it isn't just beneficial in the summer.

I have not used 40º Below, so I can't really comment on it. I used the Redline WW in my xj Jeep. I have not had a real reason to try it in the neon.

They all say it works best in just water, but it works well enough in a 50/50 coolant mix. And obviously, we can't get away with plain water in a DD.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:53 pm

I will have to look into that. So far it is not too big of a deal. But the wife is not too happy when I turn off the AC in the heat of the summer 😉
--
Thomas

Return to “Progress/Project Log”