New Build Not A Neon But Close

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Public Disturbance
2GN Member

New Build Not A Neon But Close

Post by Public Disturbance » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Hey guys been forever since Ive been on here things been going pretty good got a new build going on just thought I would have a thread on here unlike the 2gn the guys on all the DSM forums make me :cussing: Well here it is a 92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. When I bought it had a blown up turbo. So I got it for a measly $400. Body wise its pretty clean here it is the day I got it home.

Then I pulled the engine so I could do a good cleaning and have the engine checked out by a shop to make sure it didnt need rebuilt. Everything checked out great so just cleaned up the engine bay a bit and spraying it flat black

I have never been a fan of white cars for a dd I like flat black look a lot but Ive always loved flat black cars I think they look sick as hell and Ive always wanted to try out using Plasti Dip so I figured what the hell ordered one of their 2 gallon professional kits and I can say it works good. Also threw on a set of 2nd gen Eclipse rims I love the look of them not too big only being 16" and they are 6lbs lighter then the stock 1st gen rims each.

It turned out nice I think it matches the factory red and black interior very well I did all the jams also seems to hold up very well.

Now onto the good stuff for the most part its fairly stock so far Ive just upped the boost from the stock 11psi to 16psi, coil on plug ignition, cone filter, Mishimoto Radiator, I threw a Venom fuel rail I had laying around from years ago when I was planning and doing a 4G63T swap in my Starion back in highschool, Optima Red Top and a Buschar Racing FMI in flat black so it doesnt catch too much attention. I also had them put in a new headgasket, water pump and gates racing timing belt while the engine was out.

Still have to figure out a way to mount the FMI so it sits level because it really bugs me just haven't brought myself to rip the bumper off again over all I love the car and have big plans for it and performance wise its a hell of a improvement in performance and handling over the ATX neons Ive owned you just really cant beat the all wheel drive.

Let me know what you guys think
Last edited by Public Disturbance on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Nice one Ray. Super Jelly of this beast. Always wanted a gsx or tsi but alas never had the funds when I could find one or couldn't find one I liked when I did have the cash. Gonna be a hell of a lot of fun from here!
MY PROJECT LOG My Old 2002 ES AND My 2003 SXT

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 am

Factory boosted for 400 buckoos? Crazy sweet deal. 1st Gen eclipses can be monsters packed in a little box.
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

blueneo03
2GN Member

Post by blueneo03 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:04 pm

nice it looks pretty good! tuned in for the progress

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t

"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

Public Disturbance
2GN Member

Post by Public Disturbance » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:13 pm

So Im thinking about about giving the Talon a actual coat of paint the plasti dip is a a great project but I want so shine Im wanting to do the factory style two tone with the black roof and colored lower end Im thinking Black Roof and Solar Yellow bottom what you guys think

wickedgood4684
2GN Member

Post by wickedgood4684 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:40 pm

I like the color combo idea.... I'm glad that you only plasti dipped the car. I think the white looked good btw. Good luck with this. its a sharp car
SRT-4 Challenge series
Season 1 Champion: gotheframe/tim and corey
Season 2 Champion: Greasydeuce/Dmonday
NTCC
Winter Series:
Drivers Chamion: Neon Nick/Squat BIG
Team Champions: Team Acura: miniMench & wicked221
Rookie of the year: Patriot 01/xxPATRIOT 01xx

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 pm

My friend has a talon up here locally. They are a beast. That's a freaking fast car for $400. The 4G63 motors can take a beating so don't be afraid to turn up the boost with a tune and fuel to go with it. Nice car! keep it clean and have fun with it.

here is an idea of what you can do with a 6266 turbo on these things. This is my friends car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHhkyAN88cA

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Return to “Progress/Project Log”