Page 1 of 1

DetergentCandy's log

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:57 pm
by DetergentCandy
I don't know how active this is gonna be since i'm a full-time student and don't normally have the time/funds currently to focus on the car. But I try to do small things here and there. Anything big normally get's spread out over a few weeks :P
However, this first post will definitely be picture heavy since i'm just gonna post up all my mods up-to-date.

I'll start at the beginning.
-Bought the car some time ago, completely stock.
Here's how it was the day I got it back from tinting.

-Bought some Tein S Techs off eBay and threw those on.

-Removed the factory wing.

-Maddog 54% short Hurst shifter.

-eBay catch can that I added baffles to with steel wool for medium.
Installed behind the fender to try and eliminate as much engine bay clutter as possible.
There's an identical one on the driver side that goes:
Valve cover breather -> catch can -> intake.

-AGP solid engine and tranny mounts.

-Bought a Mopar CAI off eBay and color matched that. Also did the Home Depot coolant hard pipe mod and painted the injector cover. Made a custom bracket for the solenoids.

-Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit.

-Sunroof track fell apart. But I still had a spare sunroof that oklamopar gave me when I bought Blackula off him. But it wasn't in the best of shape cause it's been kicking around for years, but the tracks were in perfect condition. So I robbed the tracks from the spare sunroof and repaired the busted one! Glad I hung on to it :P

-MPx side exit exhaust.

-Replaced the factory boost gauge with an Autometer Sport Comp II. Also added a second pod for an AEM wideband.

-Got some 3D tails from dodgeneonzl, and installed 'em along with a black trunk bar. Plasti-dip came out alright!

-Color matched the interior. Took about a month, lol. One weekend I took the pillars and headliner out. Another weekend I bought the paint and headliner material. The next weekend I painted and recovered. The next weekend I reinstalled everything :P

-Flat black 'cuda stripes

-16x7 Slipstreams 225/50/16 tires

-Removed the coolant overflow container from the engine bay and mounted one behind the fender to keep the engine bay clean. Brake fluid bottle because rice.

-In another attempt to clean up the engine bay I relocated the vacuum solenoids. Original bracket I made mounted them under the intake. I made a new bracket that mounts them under the battery tray. Removed the vacuum ejector and ditched all the factory hard lines and custom fit silicone hoses instead. Now the lines are direct from solenoid to location and each one is tightly secured. Amazing how some of the old lines just came off with very little resistance. Definitely had a couple small vacuum leaks.

That's it for now, I think. I'm currently running a custom 91 tune from LinkLow which is pretty sweet. Still need to lean it out some, though. I just haven't had the time, lately :P

Will have a couple more things to share in the next week or so.

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:22 pm
by thomas_w
Looks very nice. Keep the pictures coming.

These vacuum lines break very easily. I had to replace some lines myself after they snapped off.

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 pm
by DetergentCandy
Ya, mine were in pretty poor condition.

I'd highly recommend doing what I did and replacing them with silicone hoses!

You can choose your size and length here: ... EBIDX%3AIT

I used 5 feet of 3mm and 5 feet of 6mm. But you may need more or less depending on where you're running them.

Then get yourself some matching connectors: ... EBIDX%3AIT ... EBIDX%3AIT

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:47 pm
by Jean-Seb
Looks pretty good man. :rockon:

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 pm
by Gnuserup
Really nice :thumbup:

I like how the wheels look like.