Can't get away from Neon's

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Re: Can't get away from Neon's

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:54 pm

sounds like those journeys are tanks. Awesome you get to spend some time with your dad everyday and help him out. I am sure having someone do what you are doing would be $thousands of dollars.I take it he is up there in age?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:01 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:54 pm
sounds like those journeys are tanks. Awesome you get to spend some time with your dad everyday and help him out. I am sure having someone do what you are doing would be $thousands of dollars.I take it he is up there in age?
Yes they do seem to be pretty strong, even with the "quirks" all Dodge products seem to have(as with ANY other make). It is however not always "awesome" to be spending a total time of 7 hours a day with my travel time AND my own back pain issues. BUT I do it for love of my father as he has beaten a death prognosis 3 times since the stroke on Jan. 2! He will celebrate his 88th birthday the end of Nov. and is making marvelous progress in regaining use of his left leg hand and arm! This "therapy" to have gotten this far has come from the two of us working together as my mother and sisters just entertain and visit with him the rest of the day and early evenings. Staff at the nursing home has only RECENTLY begun giving 15 minutes a day Mon.-Fri. of passive "range of motion" "therapy" with him.
I worked alongside him for the better part of 20 years him teaching me as an auto tech, and have always had a strong bond that the rest of the family can never understand.

To ALL the members here that read this ... Keep us in your thoughts and prayers that he may soon get HOME again and that I can sustain my efforts with him thru my health issues!

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:30 am

SADLY ... I FINALLY GOT AWAY FROM NEONs!
"Luna" is now residing in Pa. with my son's girlfriends mother(was titled and insured to her anyway). The mother had not had wheels for some time and the GF just bought a '19 Jeep Comanche(fully loaded) with the help of her father(resides in NY). There is a lot of life left in "Luna" and I hope her new driver will treat her right.
I'm going to miss "luna", as I did take an emotional attachment to her in helping the GF buy and get (and keep) everything "up to snuff".
So I guess this "log" has come to an end, and probably my exit from this wonderful forum and group of folks. Been nice to be a part of it, and well wishes to ALL here!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 am

Many who no longer have Neons still post here- you don't have to leave us!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:38 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 am
THANK YOU! Will have to see how things go for me timewise. There's a great group of you pretty special SRT owners here and although such types are pretty much gone from my area(just like my 98 Avenger coupe), they are still a pretty "snazzy" car to see pic's of and hear of their upkeep!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:49 pm

04rebel wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:38 am
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 am
THANK YOU! Will have to see how things go for me timewise. There's a great group of you pretty special SRT owners here and although such types are pretty much gone from my area(just like my 98 Avenger coupe), they are still a pretty "snazzy" car to see pic's of and hear of their upkeep!
you can always get one. car market it starting to turn back down again. i am sure a nice clean example will pop up! Any neon owner on here should atleast have owned a srt-4 version at some point! nothing interests me from dodge anymore.just fat huge vehicles :roll: thats why i have no interest in buying a newer dodge.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:57 pm

I will confess to looking at Darts online but I couldn't afford to buy one without selling my SRT first.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:07 am

Not really in the market now for another ride or even "toy" vehicle.NO garage to keep a "prized" toy vehicle and keeping vehicle costs down now that we have some older but nice shape rides (all paid for) for each of us here at home. BUT if I could find another good bodied '04 or '05 Dodge/Chry extended length minivan, I'd JUMP on it! You just can't beat their versatility for passenger or loading abilities.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:55 am

Ignore- hasn't been for sale for several months now.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:27 pm

LUNA is alive and well under the care of my son's now FIANCE's mother.
I bought ANOTHER Dodge Journey for the wife, as it had more features she wanted and missed that her Pontiac G6gt had and not in the '14 Journey.
Got a '13 3.6AWD RT with big screen infotainment/heated seats and steering wheel/remote start and back up sensors/ bluetooth phone and such.
Was another $5k purchase, that is working out very nicely. I now have the choice of use of the '14sxtplain janer{but activated the remote start with alphaobd} OR driving my Lucerne!
I found that I've been allowed to post again! so HELLO AGAIN everyone!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:01 pm

Didn't know you weren't allowed to post.... :dontknow:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:57 pm

Welcome back!

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:46 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:01 pm
Didn't know you weren't allowed to post.... :dontknow:
Well, being blocked and for no understandable reason had happened a number of times to me since joining the forum here. I guess staying off from logging in or trying to post for such a length of time allowed my "readmittance". And I did not know how to contact anyone to report it as I could not post, being continually blocked out.

ALL seems good now!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:48 am

How many miles on the journey? Sounds like you got a screaming deal on a Journey R/T. Looks like they are around $10k with around 100k miles.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:42 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:48 am
How many miles on the journey? Sounds like you got a screaming deal on a Journey R/T. Looks like they are around $10k with around 100k miles.
Got it with about 140k on the clock

It had a reman trans by the previous owner and brakes, but a collapsed undiagnosed LF brake hose , along with a failing Crankshaft position sensor made them give up on the car. My friend who I get my cars thru bought it and I more or less DIAGNOSED the problems for him to resolve in the $5k price. The crank sensor is a real NASTY with the AWD power take off covering any access to it. the PTO HAS to be unbolted and moved out of the way
Since then, 8 months now, it's been working perfectly for us.

Then over the summer I also did plugs/filter and normal maint, that had not been done, The plugs were TOAST yet still firing, air filter was original!

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:46 pm

I also forgot to mention that it was also equipped with factory tow package/hitch and wired, which was the absolute reason for buying this Journey. And it tows my trailer much better than my Buick Lucerne!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:32 pm

Very nice! Sounds like the crank sensor was not a fun part to replace. I am sure it tows better. Quite a bit more power and torque then the Lucerne?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:56 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:32 pm
Very nice! Sounds like the crank sensor was not a fun part to replace. I am sure it tows better. Quite a bit more power and torque then the Lucerne?
The journey has a much shorter wheelbase and shorter{read normal length} coupler, so much easier to maneuver with it. Also ride height is higher than the Lucerne, it would hook up tongue low and affect tongue weight and how to load. Nothing too serious, but had to be more careful with the Buick.

But as I said the '13 RT is the wife's main drive. I'm planning to sell the '14 sxt this spring and get a Caravan or T&C if I can find a decent one for around $5 k
The Buick is so impractical for my carrying needs, but I love the ride quality and definitely a car to go to the "Country Club" with!

Return to “Progress/Project Log”