Wideband Question

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
n20sxt
2GN Member

Wideband Question

Post by n20sxt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I have a AEM UEGO wideband and its run directly to my mega squirt but there is a difference between what is on the AEM gauge and what appears on my laptop screen for my AFR... I went in and configured the wideband setup and tried to set it as AEM non-linear as well as Linear and it was still off...... any suggestions??
Budget Boost FTW

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Just tune for leaner AFR targets than you really want. It's farther off the richer you get, so just aim for a 12.0 if you want an 11.5 and deal with it. I bitched about the calibration years ago, and it didn't help.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

esteinmaier wrote:Just tune for leaner AFR targets than you really want. It's farther off the richer you get, so just aim for a 12.0 if you want an 11.5 and deal with it. I bitched about the calibration years ago, and it didn't help.
Thanks for chiming in Erik... fuck.... i was really hoping this wouldnt be the case, i just hate reading datalogs and the AFR's being off, its obnoxious to set the AFR targets and etc. to be leaner then they really should be... meh ill deal

Thanks again for the help
Budget Boost FTW

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Did you just configure it in your tunerstudio project file or did you use the calibrate AFR under the tools menu?
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm

ZeroChad wrote:Did you just configure it in your tunerstudio project file or did you use the calibrate AFR under the tools menu?
Im not using Tunerstudio, im using megatune and i configured it by going to file then configure project
Budget Boost FTW

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 am

http://www.megamanual.com/mt28.htm#oa

I think its relevant to both programs. My megatune installation is messed up so I can't check.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:46 am

I'm using MS1 :(

Thanks for the info tho Chad, the better half of tonight is going to be spent changing my AFR targets to what they should be according to the hour long datalog i just took....

Ill post back in the am with results

Also, this has already been covered im sure but how do i post a datalog online?
Budget Boost FTW

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 am

n20sxt wrote:I'm using MS1 :(

Thanks for the info tho Chad, the better half of tonight is going to be spent changing my AFR targets to what they should be according to the hour long datalog i just took....

You have to use a file hosting service, or your own webserver if you have one. I use the public folder of my Dropbox.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:29 pm

There is a way around this, however its been 2 years since I messed with this haha, so I am not much of a help. But I had MS1 with the AEM wideband and both the gauge and laptop were the same. It has something to do with configuring the wideband, and I think you don't use either of the AEM gauges in the menu. Sorry I can't be much help, but I know the info is out there.

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Kevin_GP wrote:

There is a way around this, however its been 2 years since I messed with this haha, so I am not much of a help. But I had MS1 with the AEM wideband and both the gauge and laptop were the same. It has something to do with configuring the wideband, and I think you don't use either of the AEM gauges in the menu. Sorry I can't be much help, but I know the info is out there.
Thanks! i'll deff look around for a way to fix this...
So i setup my AFR table to around where i think they should be and used the VE analyzer to re-tune my VE table.. i have yet to burn it to the ECU but ill post back in an hour or so
Budget Boost FTW

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:11 pm

n20sxt wrote:
Kevin_GP wrote:

Thanks! i'll deff look around for a way to fix this...
So i setup my AFR table to around where i think they should be and used the VE analyzer to re-tune my VE table.. i have yet to burn it to the ECU but ill post back in an hour or so
Well, if you gauge set up right you can set it exactly where you want it to be, thats what I did. But yeah, look around I am almost positive you set it for a different wideband thats on the list (assuming this is MS1, never messed with MS2 and I am sure they fixed this problem)

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:30 am

^ill go through em all tomorrow and post back with results, the only ones i tried were the 2 AEM options and the Unknown wideband and they were both off... The Aem linear was close only being off by 1 step or so
Budget Boost FTW

esteinmaier
Supporting Vendor

Post by esteinmaier » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

Yea the AEM linear is the closest. I'll see what I can do talking to some software and firmware writing friends.
ASP - First NGC SOHC in the 13s and the 12s. First SOHC neon over 500whp. First NGC Neon on MS.
Winston Churchill wrote:Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

SymTech Labs
2GN Member

Re: Wideband Question

Post by SymTech Labs » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:14 pm

n20sxt wrote:I have a AEM UEGO wideband and its run directly to my mega squirt but there is a difference between what is on the AEM gauge and what appears on my laptop screen for my AFR... I went in and configured the wideband setup and tried to set it as AEM non-linear as well as Linear and it was still off...... any suggestions??
What model number of the AEM UEGO do you have? Is it #30-4100?

n20sxt
2GN Member

Re: Wideband Question

Post by n20sxt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 am

SymTech Labs wrote: What model number of the AEM UEGO do you have? Is it #30-4100?
Yes i have the #30-4100
Budget Boost FTW

SymTech Labs
2GN Member

Post by SymTech Labs » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:56 pm

As Erick mentioned, for whatever reason the 30-4100 isn't perfectly supported. There are a few techniques for better calibrating it on the MS/extra and MSefi forums, though:

http://msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=35521
http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=35569

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:39 pm

SymTech Labs wrote:As Erick mentioned, for whatever reason the 30-4100 isn't perfectly supported. There are a few techniques for better calibrating it on the MS/extra and MSefi forums, though:

http://msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=35521
http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=35569
Thanks for all the help :thumbup:
Budget Boost FTW

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Innovate! Thats what I was trying to remember haha its been a while. Anyway, glad you got your answer.

Return to “Tuning / MegaSquirt”