Hey Guys HOW TO DOES IT WORK!

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
TheJamZii
n00b

Hey Guys HOW TO DOES IT WORK!

Post by TheJamZii » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:24 am

Hi guys i know this is a big ask but..

could someone please explain how i would go about this , i get that i plug and or solder the mega squirt into my neon's ecu but then what do i do? its got me confused it cant have a neon remaped ecu on it allready?

PS i have access to a dyno for the tuning stage.

Cheers
James McDonald

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:07 am

there's a few ppl out there that could give you a base tune to load onto it so it will at least start and run, you would then tune it to suit your car. Best guy to talk to about tuning it would be eric at aspturbo.com

also wanted to note, if you're wondering how to get tunes onto the ecu it comes with a data cable for you to plug into a laptop, from there it interfaces with a program like tunerstudio (theres a few others out there) but that gives you an idea.
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:13 am

When you install a Megasquirt, you don't install it INTO your stock ECU. It comes with a separate box that you wire into the sensors it needs to run, fuel injectors, coil pack, crank sensor, etc. You can get a base map from either someone on here, or someone over on neons.org with a similar setup and then tune on the dyno as you need.

Return to “Tuning / MegaSquirt”