MS3X Board Shortages? Symtech Labs only?

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
webkris
2GN Member

MS3X Board Shortages? Symtech Labs only?

Post by webkris » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Last June (yep 3+ months ago) I ordered a MS3 with the MS3X board. After 6 weeks I sent over an email and was told: "We look forward to shipping this order by next week." which I soon discovered was a stock response.

Asked about my order 8/2, 8/7, 8/19, and was told on 8/29: "We want to keep you updated and inform you that the batch of MS3X cards are on the way. They should arrive by Friday or Monday, and we’ll have the tracking information for your order sent to you shortly thereafter."

That was two weeks ago?!
Here we are on 9/14 - Anyone here know what's going on?

Now I'm starting to think:
Is there a PROBLEM with these?
Are they fixing a major problem?
Called them twice in the last 3 months and never got anyone.
Email response is slow and I'm not interested in "We look forward to shipping this order by next week."

- Kris

SymTech Labs
2GN Member

Post by SymTech Labs » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Kris,

Out of concern for your privacy, we cannot discuss order details on public forums; but feel free to email us at support@symtechlabs.com (be sure to include your order number). We're a small company and we can't always keep up with the many phone calls we receive, but we do answer all emails.

webkris
2GN Member

Post by webkris » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm posting in a public forum so any privacy concerns are waived.
Feel free to discuss why your company cannot provide the items ordered.

Your Google Alert apparently works faster than your email.
Thanks! -Kris
Last edited by webkris on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SymTech Labs
2GN Member

Post by SymTech Labs » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Unfortunately we don't know the details of your order without referencing an order number. Of course, you may divulge your personal information online, but we're always bound by our privacy policy.

If your order was delayed, for whatever reason, we apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to promptly allaying any remaining concerns.

webkris
2GN Member

Post by webkris » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Hey, Symtec rep - I appreciate the quick response here, but just stop with the customer service lines please. This is a 2GN forum, and I said in my first line: "I ordered an MS3 with the MS3X board." As you sell MS3's and MS3X boards for the 2GN - I think you have all you need to discuss an apparent board shortage, production problem, or other issue. It's completely fine with me if you choose not to.

I came here to discuss with my fellow 2GN friends.
Anyone else recently order and know anything about an MS3X board shortage? Feel free to PM me too.

- Kris

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:59 pm

yep i have the same problem i ordered an ms3 with ms3x board on 6/4 and have only gotten stock responses the first couple emails and no responses since. i have not tried calling yet.
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:57 am

SymTech Labs has generally been very helpful with issues, even on MS units they don't sell.

One can only speculate on what the issue is in this situation. I went through the same with a popular vendor, and their 2.4 swap power steering bracket: Ordered it in May, and AFAIK, it is still on back order. I eventually cancelled it, and bought a used one.

Maybe you could get some info asking Here
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:17 am

tried cancelling several times through emails and they won't return any emails
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:31 am

If you paid with a credit card, you could file a dispute.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Unfortunately I used PayPal I need to cancel my account with that almost useless system

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Symtech should give a full refund ASAP if they can't provide the product timely. This is a page out of Howell Automotive'a book.

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

I wouldn't go that far yet. I mean these guys usually are very helpful.

webkris
2GN Member

Post by webkris » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:36 am

Last weekend - after raising a stink - I got an email that said it shipped.
... but it didn't ship. It didn't ship out until last Thursday and it was sent 2 day air.

Showed up on Saturday.
Order complete. Everything looks professional and clean.
2 months too late for me. I had planned to get this in with a new motor for a rally on October 5th - that's in two weeks. Sad that I thought I'd be installing it in August. :(

Obviously won't know if anything is wrong with the unit until I install it this winter. If Symtech wants some feedback as to how they can solve this - I'd start with the expectations: "MegaSquirt units are custom built to order and require a three month lead time." *fixed
They should dump the canned "We look forward to shipping..." messages and talk to people like they are human.

If they just had a conversation with me up front. Called or emailed me before I had to email them 4 times - and said something like "Hey, we're having a problem getting these... etc, etc" it wouldn't escalate.

Your Mileage May Vary
- Kris

Return to “Tuning / MegaSquirt”