Why is Symtech Labs still an authorized vendor?! (READ)

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
haseebgill12
2GN Member

Why is Symtech Labs still an authorized vendor?! (READ)

Post by haseebgill12 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:00 am

I decided to collate this information for the benefit of my fellow members, new comers and people outwith the forum who are considering purchasing an MS unit.

I have been left shocked recently by what I have stumbled on to by chance.

For anyone who does not know Symtech Labs was a well respected assembler and distributor of megasquirt units. They were active on both the ".org" forums and helped out with constructive and genuinely insightful responses to queries.

I recently just placed a $700 order with them with not much thought as I remember them as a trust worthy vendor with a solid reputation.

Just by chance I typed in SymTech Labs into Google and came across some very worrying discussions, mostly from our peers at the other ".org".

To quickly summarise, since June-July 2013 SymTech Labs has took a major turn for the worst. Orders not being fulfilled, customers MS units submitted for upgrades being effectively stolen, claiming that a move of premises is the cause of disruption (even though their address has remained the same for the past few years), claiming that the death of a technician is the cause for delays, claiming that server issues (for a year!?) are the cause of delay, only responding to customers when a Paypal claim has been submitted and then giving bogus tracking numbers a day before the claim period is over in order to dupe people in to believing their MS unit is on the way therefore leaving the customer helpless when they realise the product they paid for is not in transit, point blank ignoring all consumer email correspondences as well as ignoring phone calls.
This is what has become of a company that was respected, particularly amongst the Neon community.
I have only so far heard of two people, out of several who were having issues, who finally received their purchases. Note: This was still after severe delays i.e. 3 – 4 months.
ASP (Erick) has dropped them as a supplier (correct me if wrong please), DIYAutotune is investigating what is going on with the products they supply to Symtech Labs and they have been removed from the MSextra suppliers list. The fact they have been removed from the MSextra official suppliers list is pretty telling in itself.
Please take a read:
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=406910
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=s ... pic_id=677
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 67&t=54575

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... ch#p406306
viewtopic.php?t=66638
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=408821
http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/b ... complaints

I am pretty pissed off that I found this out after I placed my order. However I am not going to give them a chance, I will be contacting Paypal armed with this information as soon as I can.

I demand that given the current circumstances regarding this vendor that their status as an authorised vendor be stripped indefinitely until the cause for their poor company operation is established and rectified.
Last edited by haseebgill12 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Haseeb

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 am

Sucks to hear. While I've never ordered anything from them I hear they are a shit company. Guys on the. Org always complaining because it takes at a minimum of like 5 months to get their stuff in after its been paid for. Hope you can get your money back.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

haseebgill12
2GN Member

Post by haseebgill12 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Well pretty good update.
Called Paypal three times and wrote a pretty aggressive email to SymTech which involved the FBI, fraud investigation etc. :rofl: and low and behold within 60 seconds I get a response saying that my money has been returned.
Pretty funny how the only time they respond is when taking action is put on the table.

But there is a much bigger, MAJOR, update as they point blank told me that they are no longer in operation!!
Dear Haseeb,

There's no need for the threats. We've promptly refunded your money and cancelled your money. We aren't interested in "dodgy dealings," we simply aren't in business anymore.

Take care.

Best regards,

SymTech Labs Support

SymTech Laboratories
p: 954.607.2208
f: 928.438.7285

www.symtechlabs.com
store.symtechlabs.com

Manufacturer of green electronics; an RoHS compliant company.
So to conclude the mysterious behaviour of SymTech Labs, you heard it from themselves; they are no longer in business.

Also it is very nice that SymTech has informed us that they are no longer in business...yet are still taking orders.

It can therefore be concluded that they must be removed as an authorized vendor from 2gn.
Haseeb

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Good (??) find.
Thanks for posting this information.
haseebgill12 wrote:
Dear Haseeb,

There's no need for the threats. We've promptly refunded your money and cancelled your money. We aren't interested in "dodgy dealings," we simply aren't in business anymore.

Take care.

Best regards,

SymTech Labs Support

SymTech Laboratories
It seems they "did a TTI" or "did a Blackdog". :x

haseebgill12 wrote: So to conclude the mysterious behaviour of SymTech Labs, you heard it from themselves; they are no longer in business.

Also it is very nice that SymTech has informed us that they are no longer in business...yet are still taking orders.
Now... it would be mighty nice of them, to UPDATE their website, to reflect their "out of business" status.

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:08 pm

I can vouch for there product from 2011, ordered it from a reputable reseller and it worked flawlessly. What happened since 2011 I can not vouch for...

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:50 pm

It would also be nice if they changed their PayPal etc, so payments wouldn't even go through to begin with. Even if they are on the up and up, it would seem a huge hassle constantly issuing refunds.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:45 am

this throws a huge monkey wrench into my build....

Return to “Tuning / MegaSquirt”