3 bar map/tip sensor

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
05MoparSRT4
2GN Member

3 bar map/tip sensor

Post by 05MoparSRT4 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 pm

I plan on getting close to what I think would be stage 2. I currently have an injen short air intake, 3" catless dp with a mopar catback, stage 1 pcm, agp wga, turboxs rfl bov, with a cc, and a (uninstalled) Diablo inTune. I plan on putting the intune after I get a bfmic, stage 2/3 injectors and a 3bar map tip sensor. On stock turbo However this is where my question lies. the 3 bar map and tip sensor on modern says it won't be beneficial to me, while a few local tuners says it would? What do I believe? I want to get my car at least 300HP or close to it and I'll be happy. Is it beneficial or is it not?

*EDIT* can't forget that important wideband too

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:25 pm

Be patient- I'm sure that someone with more knowledge than I have will post up soon. All I know is that the Stage 2 kit came with both the MAP and TIP sensors which leads me to believe that Mopar intended for both being used when upgrading to a S2.

Cheap sales pitch- I have a set of used S2/S3 injectors for sale.:wink:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=67969
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Tuning / MegaSquirt”