Handheld/OBD2

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
Pearl_rt
2GN Member

Handheld/OBD2

Post by Pearl_rt » Mon May 22, 2023 12:18 pm

So I know this has been asked before but I can only find the question with no solid answer. Is there anything that i can buy that will allow me to tune my ecu myself? its a 04 rt with the mag motor. I want to go boosted in the future and want to have it dyno tuned. Even if i have to send my ecu out to someone like Tim Coakley or Kevin Sykes. I've been taking to Tim for a year or so and he says he van put any program for tuning on the ecu but he hasten explained how I would be able to tune it. I saw something that was just a plug into the obd2 port and it said that it works but there weren't any responses to the post so I'm thinking its fake. If anyone can help me please reach out. I'm more active on Facebook at Ryan Demore. If anyone can help or get me in contact with Kevin i would appreciate that thanks.
Still new to neons Im going to ask stupid questions its what i do
Currently own DR. GONZO’s 04 rt
always trying to not blow my neon up

racer12306
Junior Admin

Re: Handheld/OBD2

Post by racer12306 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:50 am

Tim would definitely the resource to use. I think Kevin got pissed at the community and left.

I don't believe there is any way to plug into an OEM computer and do anything, especially a NGC computer. It needs to be cracked first.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Pearl_rt
2GN Member

Post by Pearl_rt » Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 am

I know it needs to be cracked first thats not the hard part that i have been strugling with. its the acual way to tune it i sent tim a mesage about 5 minuts ago so i will share what he tells me when i get the change

Pearl_rt
2GN Member

Post by Pearl_rt » Wed May 24, 2023 8:21 am

Ubdate from tim: Tim said that he dosnt have a way to make it so a handeld can mess with any cracked ecu he sends out and that whatever tune he gives you is what you get. But if i remember corectly he said he can put any tuning software/program on the ecu so it can be tuned with a computer via obd2 plug. im not 100% sure if this means you can dyno/street tune a NGC computer thats non srt4 but this is what im finding. It honestly might be easeyer to to just get a srt4 ecm and get a custom tune made for that. or just do a srt4 swap and call it a day but for some reison i like pain lol. Hope this can help anyone who has this question

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu May 25, 2023 9:31 pm

If you were to obtain an SRT/GT Cruiser pcm, be sure you don't get an '03. That's the one year that hasn't been cracked. It may go for '03 any neon pcm. At least they changed it for '04/'05.

Long story short: Kevin got PO'ed because he wanted to make his handheld programmer only useable with only one PCM, so you would have to purchase one for each tuned PCM you had. IIRC, he wanted somewhere between $400 and $500 each(?) Someone decided to clone the VIN numbers so one handheld could tune multiple pcm's. Kevin went off the "deep end" over it. He apparently had other issues going on in his life, so that was the end of that.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Pearl_rt
2GN Member

Post by Pearl_rt » Fri May 26, 2023 8:41 am

i have a 04 srt4 pcm but it wont work in my car due to my car not having any of the bov stuff

Return to “Tuning / MegaSquirt”