TrackDay anyone???

Located in California? This is the place to be for finding information about meets and events!
DroopDaddy408
2GN Member

TrackDay anyone???

Post by DroopDaddy408 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:14 pm

I think it'd be hella fun if we got together n went to a track day. I'll admit, I don't know the rules n regs of a track, but I know i'd love to go somewhere that I can SAFELY drive da shit outta my car. I don't know of many tracks either except for Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca. Just throwin this out there. Something I know i'm gonna do in da summertime. Who's down?
NorCal Homeboy

2003se559
2GN Member

Post by 2003se559 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 pm

me and my buddy are goin to languna seca on march but again u can only watch if u wana go to the trak famoso its 45min away from us and am down :rockon:

biggrobb1995
2GN Member

Post by biggrobb1995 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Famoso is cool from what I hear. I know exactly where Laguna Seca is too. That would be sweet to go to.
I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk!
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
I'm goin to drive my neon til it dies member #81
Some see angels, I've held one.

DroopDaddy408
2GN Member

Post by DroopDaddy408 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Personally, i'm bored with str8 line races. I lived next to a 1/4 mile track in tx and I was there every wknd. I'm talkin bout a "track day". Most race tracks will have a few days outta the year where they are open to the public for racing their cars n bikes. I know buttonwillow allows cars n laguna seca not only allows motorcycles but you can rent 'em, too. I had just seen some you tube vids of ppl racing their personal cars on a track day n thought it'd be fun. I'm still gonna do it in da summer.
NorCal Homeboy

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Will they let cars run without a proper cage and whatnot? I remember hearing about a guy on norcaltuners renting out Infineon for like 8 hrs or something, and it was a couple thousand bucks. They require that you pay for emergency staff and all that fun stuff.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

echoalpha23
2GN Member

Post by echoalpha23 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:10 pm

there is a photography club that hosts track days at laguna, actually run the track, all thats required is passing tech inspection, just making sure your car is safe. no cage etc. required.

Also you can rent buttonwillow its only like a 1g get enough people and the individual cost goes down real quick!

and finally i have been working with the cen cal drift project, and the scca to host a neon only track day for us! details are still pending, and i was trying to keep this under wraps, but any ways, ill keep you guys posted!
Diablo0 wrote:Lets just try to keep things civil here, as always, lets not let this turn into that other neon forum

darthroush
2GN Member

Post by darthroush » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:06 am

I'd love to take my Mustang somewhere with it's "track day" suspension and drive the shit out of it.

I've heard there are certain days at Infineon that anyone can go and run for $XX? Never found anything about it when I looked though...

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:13 am

What you're looking for is a HPDE. That way you'll have an instructor with you....its worth it.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

catalyst
2GN Member

Post by catalyst » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:26 pm

In September at Laguna Seca is Cherry's Jubilee, a Local "Driving Academy" is hosting a registration to come and drive on the track. They have novice intructors and sign up is only $225 for members of the club. Registration starts in the begining of July. It's a weekend track event and large car show. I went 3 years ago as a volunteer and it was great, lots of clasic cars and historic race cars.

I brain farted the name of the club but I know it's part of the Porsche Club of America. They are not snobs though and welcome all kinds of cars. They rent tracks all over Cali all year long, good to be a member for that if you live here.

I'll update with more when I get the next e-mail.
2005 Red SRT4
Stage 2, Maddog 72-4
Still needs a paint job
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #87

catalyst
2GN Member

Post by catalyst » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 am

ok here is the Coastal Driving School's website:
http://www.coastaldriving.org/index.html

They do alot of events all year round. I know it's not Neons only, but it's frequent and inexpensive.

I'd also be willing to get a list together and check it out on our own.
2005 Red SRT4
Stage 2, Maddog 72-4
Still needs a paint job

catalyst
2GN Member

Post by catalyst » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:40 am

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/

Here is another group that runs all over CA.
2005 Red SRT4
Stage 2, Maddog 72-4
Still needs a paint job

Return to “2GN California Club”