Part Number Request: Non P/S A/C Belt

Oil-leak
2GN Member

Part Number Request: Non P/S A/C Belt

Post by Oil-leak » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:05 pm

So my belt tensioner decided too brake a couple of weeks ago, now I don't have A/C. Do you all have the belt part number for the belt the runs from the crankshaft pulley to the A/C compressor?

The auto parts stores in my town are....Auto zone, oreily's, advance. If you got a part number post it up.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

I need to know a couple of things first...

What year/engine is in the car? Do you have a UDP on your car?
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Oil-leak
2GN Member

Post by Oil-leak » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Danteneon wrote:I need to know a couple of things first...

What year/engine is in the car? Do you have a UDP on your car?
It's a 2000 dodge neon, 2.0 sohc engine, and I don't have an aftermarket UDP, I have the stock crank pulley.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:32 pm

No problem then. The Gates part # is K040440. Most other manufacturers use a similar # based on the root # of 40440.

I would suggest you get a Gates belt if at all possible. Just my humble opinion :D

Oil-leak
2GN Member

Post by Oil-leak » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Danteneon wrote:No problem then. The Gates part # is K040440. Most other manufacturers use a similar # based on the root # of 40440.

I would suggest you get a Gates belt if at all possible. Just my humble opinion :D
I couldn't get a Gates belt, but I did get a Duralast belt part number 355k4 from Auto Zone. It worked and now I got A/C, yeah baby. I had too loosen the A/C compressor bolts and jiggle the compressor back and forth, side too side, so the belt can get into the grooves of the A/C pulley. Then I bolted everything back up and It works.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 am

Oops, I mis-read your post. I thought you needed a P/S belt without A/C. :beatstick:

Well, you got it fixed, but for reference the belt for P/S and A/C is a 4668247AG (OE #) or a 4PK1312 (which can be crossed to whatever brand is available.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:12 pm

:-s
So you got the belt to run just the A/C? Without using the tensioner, by loosening the compressor, and getting the belt in place, then tightening it all down?

You da man!

Considering the tensioner braket is over $300 now, I can't blame you.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Oil-leak
2GN Member

Post by Oil-leak » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 pm

Danteneon wrote:Oops, I mis-read your post. I thought you needed a P/S belt without A/C. :beatstick:

Well, you got it fixed, but for reference the belt for P/S and A/C is a 4668247AG (OE #) or a 4PK1312 (which can be crossed to whatever brand is available.
Not a problem.

occasional demons wrote::-s
So you got the belt to run just the A/C? Without using the tensioner, by loosening the compressor, and getting the belt in place, then tightening it all down?
Yes, just like that.

Return to “PN Engine”