Part Number Request: SRT-4 Power Steering Pump and related parts

wasiesto
2GN Member

Part Number Request: SRT-4 Power Steering Pump and related parts

Post by wasiesto » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Need the part numbers

and the Chrysler PT Cruiser GT is the same pump?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Part Number Request: SRT-4 Power Steering Pump

Post by occasional demons » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 pm

Note; Sales Codes;
[EDV] = 2.4L Inline 4 Cylinder DOHC 16V High Output Turbo Engine

1 5272313AF 1 EDV PUMP, Power Steering
5166226AA Mopar Power Steering Fluid Pint

2 5093490AA EDV CAP, Power Steering Reservoir
3 4891517AA EDV STRUT, Power Steering Pump
4 6101503 EDV SCREW AND WASHER, Hex Head, M10x1.5x25 Strut To Block 2 required
5 6101234 EDV BOLT 3 required
6 4668509AC EDV BRACKET, Tensioner
7 6101763 EDV BOLT AND WASHER, Hex Head, M10x1.5 1 required
8 05037520AA EDV PULLEY, Power Steering Pump

1 5290977AE 1 EDV HOSE ASSEMBLY, P/S PRESSURE AND RETURN
2 6503641 AR SCREW, M7X1.25X16.00 3 required
3 6505911AA SCREW, Hex Head 2 required

4668247AG BELT-ACCESSORY DRIVE
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: Part Number Request: SRT-4 Power Steering Pump and related parts

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:28 am

Are there any seals or gaskets that go along with the pump? Also, are there seals and gaskets for the power steering hose assembly?
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:30 am

I believe the o-rings, etc come with the new lines. IIRC, Mopar does not sell them separate. When I needed an o-ring backer for my 2gn reservoir to pump seal, the only close option was to buy an entire aftermarket seal kit, and they didn't include that tiny nylon backing ring. Fortunately I did eventually find it, in the drain pan that I used when I took it apart.

The replacement reservoir kits didn't even include it. Without that little reinforcement for the o-ring, the pump will suck air, and the fluid will foam up, and puke all over the place.

So to those that disassemble things, be very careful taking things apart, and watch for small objects that might fall out after you thought it was done coming apart.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:50 pm

PS/air conditioner belt part number added above.
deleted the post for the following reason: found it myself

And you didn't share? [-X

From Moden Performance:

https://www.modernperformance.com/produ ... sory-drive

Air Conditioning Delete Kit, 03-05 Neon SRT-4 / 01-10 PT Cruiser
Review star icon Review star icon Review star icon Review star icon Review star icon
READ OR WRITE REVIEW
Model Number: 220243-KIT

If you'd like to delete the A/C compressor from your vehicle, allowing your engine to rev faster and produce more power, this is the proper way to do it. By eliminating the A/C compressor you'll gain 7-10 HP and eliminate nearly 30 lbs of weight from your vehicle! Additionally, this kit allows you to properly eliminate your A/C compressor while retaining the power steering pump.

This kit includes a brand new power steering drive belt and idler pulley that installs using one of the existing bolt bosses on the a/c bracket.

Note: The belt we provide is intended for use with the stock crankshaft pulley. If you have an underdrive pulley installed on your vehicle, you will need to use a different belt than the one provided. The best way to determine which belt you need is to install the AC delete pulley, measure roughly how much smaller the new belt must be, and ask your local auto parts store to provide you with the required belt size for installation with an underdrive pulley.

If you would like to purchase the pulley or drive belt by itself, you may contact our offices to discuss pricing. You can also purchase a replacement belt from your local dealership with Mopar part number 4668444AE, or from your local auto parts store by referencing universal part number K040510.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:51 am

I deleted the post since I found the part number through my local dealership. According to the dealership, the number associated with my VIN is 4891519AE.

I know nothing about the link you provided from MP. Since I want to keep my stock AC, that link wouldn't have helped me. But thanks anyway.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:02 am

I only provided the MPX info for people that might want to delete the A/C.

Or need an idea to keep it going in case the A/C over run bearing locked and they need to drive the car. If that bearing seizes, the pulley will not spin, and the belt will burn off in short order. I'm sure you could cobble a bolt and an idler from local sources, and bypass the A/C compressor. Might have to remove it, but at least with the right belt, you would be back on the road.

This happened on my grandmother's Plymouth Caravelle, so it isn't out of the realm of possibilities. If the bearing can fail at under 10,000 miles, I'm sure with the given age of neons, it is going to happen eventually.

The non A/C belt for 2.0's is a common part, as they came equipped from the factory as such. But not so much for the SRT.

I got the above part number from SRT Forums. ::shrugs::
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:47 am

Thanks again for the info. Put it to good use yesterday.

Return to “PN Engine”