SRT4 Exhaust Swap

Have a video that you threw together of your Neon? Post them here. Videos not Neon related should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
mulishaneon33
2GN Member

SRT4 Exhaust Swap

Post by mulishaneon33 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Installed my SRT exhaust the other day, ran it around town with no glasspack for shits and giggles. Got back and installed a 28" glasspack. Made a huge difference in the sound. I wanna find a 03+ rear bumper with the cutouts to make them look more flush. If not, then I'll eventually cut the tips off and move them back some and try to even it up with the bumper. What do you guys think?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:59 pm

It will need to be an SRT rear fascia to match the spacing. The R/T cut outs are a bit narrower, IIRC, plus the '03/'04 R/T fascia has the "boobs" on the back. You will also need the '03-'05 tail lights, of course.

But IDK how well the SRT fascia looks with out the side skirts, so there is a bit more cost to make it flow well appearance wise.

If I had the $, I would have had the boobs removed when it was repainted. But it was an insurance claim, and it was damaged right before Carlisle, and repainted right after, so the funds were not there.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

mulishaneon33
2GN Member

Post by mulishaneon33 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah I've been keeping my eye out for the rear bumper and side skirts. Found a guy local to me but he has never got back to me. It'll stay like this till I can get the rear, sides, and tails together..

Return to “Video Post”