Part Number Request: Taillight Gaskets/Trunk lid seal

dreamersrevenge

Part Number Request: Taillight Gaskets/Trunk lid seal

Post by dreamersrevenge » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:50 am

Put this in miscellaneous since it's somewhat interior and exterior... anyway.

Can I get the PN for the tail light gaskets, and the trunk gasket? Found a puddle under my trunk carpet, time to get that fixed before it damages anything. Prices would be greatly appreciated as well (approximate would be fine, I know they're probably not the same everywhere).

Edited title for better search results: occasional demons

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:23 am

4783623AD Trunk lid - Weatherstrip MSRP $87.55

5303476AB tail lamp gasket $7.25

5303477AB tail lamp gasket $7.65

One is left one is right, but IDK which is which. The only difference is what side the adhesive is on. Either one will work on either side.
I would go with the tail gaskets first.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

dreamersrevenge

Post by dreamersrevenge » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:34 am

Ok, I'll give that a shot first. I wasn't sure on the trunklid how expensive it'd be but that's quite a bit for me at the moment. There's a 2nd gen neon at the local junk yard I might check out to see if its trunk gasket is any better. Thanks. :)

ps, is there a gasket for the 3rd brake light, or can I use some RTV sealant and make my own?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:06 am

I don't think there is a seperate gasket for those, but I would almost bank money on it being the tail light gasket(s). I have removed the third BL a few times and never had it leak. Besides I think if it did it will run out the drains at the bottom edge of the decklid.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

dreamersrevenge

Post by dreamersrevenge » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I picked up the gaskets yesterday (monday, Feb 10th) and it came to $19.15 with tax and everything (+/- a few cents, but I think that's what it was). I've got them installed and they went together pretty well. It's supposed to storm today, so that'll let me see if that was the problem or not. The originals were pretty nasty so I'm venturing to say that's what it was, especially since the drivers side had water in it when I pulled it apart. :D

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:28 am

Just an added FYI on the taillamp gaskets.These do fit all 00-05.....

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Part Number Request: Taillight Gaskets/Trunk lid seal

Post by occasional demons » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Aftermarket alternative for tail light gaskets.

http://stores.ebay.com/Detroit-Muscle-T ... &_nkw=neon
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “PN Exterior”