dash cluster

rtfamilyman
n00b

dash cluster

Post by rtfamilyman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:44 am

have 2000 neon an hate the dash cluster ,i want one of the white dash clusters with the rpm gauge can it be change to a newer one from 2001 to 2005 models or is there a difference

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:52 am

Yes, you can use any of the newer clusters in your 2000. They are plug and play.

A part number isn't really needed, as the cost new would be prohibitive. A dealer probably wouldn't sell you a new one, unless they put in the mileage stored in the PCM or the current cluster. There would be that labor charge on top of the part cost.

The only catch is if you use an R/T or SRT cluster, you will need to remove the parking/brake warning lamp. It will not shut off in a regular neon.

Edit: If you don't have SKIM, you will need to remove the bulb for the red dot in the Tach clucter.

You will also have to wait until the mileage matches, or do the math to determine actual mileage. A dealer will only add mileage to a cluster, if you can find one that is willing, and has a tech that knows how.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

rtfamilyman
n00b

Post by rtfamilyman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:28 am

thanks was wondering cause my neon is base model so thought id add mods to it to get to were i want it may have more ? in the future

Return to “PN Interior”