10 PIN CD Changer Cable Connector

Drawz
n00b

10 PIN CD Changer Cable Connector

Post by Drawz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:35 pm

So I have an 05 head unit but the only cd changers i can find at the junk yard are 4 disc changers from 01's with the round plug at the head unit side. I really dont want to switch to an older head unit, so I'm looking for the 10 PIN Connector so i can just wire it up in place of the round plug myself. I've found the cable that i need online for $30 but I'd rather pay a couple bucks and wire it up myself. I figure I'll solder the wires to the pins and fill it with hot glue before i pay $30 for a cable just for the connector lol. Can anyone tell me were to buy just the connector? Here's a picture of the part. I've been looking for a while, I dont think it exists. But hey, wishful thinking.

Image :tardbang:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Chances are the connector (If it was available) from Mopar will cost more than $30.
This is all I see for '05:

Print

COMPACT DISC CHANGER - BLACK 8 WAY
Mopar Package #: Not Available

Cav Circuit Gauge Color Function
1 24 GY/WT AUDIO OUT RIGHT
2 24 OR/TN PANEL LAMPS DIMMER SIGNAL
3 24 VT/YL PCI BUS
4 24 RD FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT
5 24 DG/WT AUDIO OUT LEFT
6 24 BK/OR GROUND
7 22 BK/TN GROUND
8 22 GY/YL B(+)

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Drawz
n00b

Post by Drawz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:21 am

Man lol i think you're the only one still helping on this forum. Every question I've had since i bought my neon you've had an answer. Yea I saw that site. They actually have the 10 pin listed but as "not available" i thoroughly looked online myself before asking lol.

Print

RADIO C2 (COMPACT DISC CHANGER) - DK. GRAY 10 WAY
Mopar Package #: Not Available
Cav Circuit Gauge Color Function
1 24 GY/WT AUDIO OUT RIGHT
2 24 BK/OR GROUND
3 22 BK SHIELD GROUND
4 24 VT/YL PCI BUS
5 24 RD FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT
6 24 DG/WT AUDIO OUT LEFT
7 22 BK/YL GROUND
8 -
9 24 OR/YL PANEL LAMPS DIMMER SIGNAL
10 22 GY/YL B(+)

looks like I'll be soldering the connections. I refuse to pay $30 for a cable I already have, just with the wrong connector on it lol. I'll try to do a write up with pics and what not for the org if anyone down the line needs a fix for this problem. Probably splice in an available male and female 10 pin so I can remove the HU if needed without having to pull the cd changer. The round plug cables are abundant at the JY. Square plugged cables seem rare. Might be useful to someone. Lol.

Return to “PN Electrical”