2012 All Chrysler Nationals/7th Annual 2GN.org National Meet

Located here are discussions from previous 2GN.org National Meets held at Carlisle, PA
racer12306
Junior Admin

2012 All Chrysler Nationals/7th Annual 2GN.org National Meet

Post by racer12306 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Here it is everyone. The 7th Annual 2GN.org National Meet held at the Chryslers at Carlisle Annual Car Show, 2012.

The dates for the event are Jul 6 - Jul 8, 2012. More information about the Chrysler Nationals

Register Here
  • - Registration is $40 for one car and two people to get in the gates.
    - Registration Classes are as follows:
    • 201: Front Wheel Drive - Neon R/T & ACR ALL excl. SRT-4
      202: Front Wheel Drive - Neon All Modified
      203: Front Wheel Drive - Neon All Stock
      204: Front Wheel Drive - Neon SRT-4 Modified
      205: Front Wheel Drive - Neon SRT-4 Stock
    - Be sure to select 2GN.org as your Club. This is extremely important for two reasons
    • 1. It counts towards our club participation points.
      2. You will need to be registered under 2GN to have Jason cover your pizza at Pizza Hut on Saturday evening. (more information below)
    - Those who choose to register multiple vehicles can receive a discount
    - If you register before June 4, 2012 the Carlisle Staff will mail you everything you need to get in the gate so you don’t have to wait in line.
    - Registration fees will increase on June 4, 2012 to $50.

As this thread grows we will try to keep an eye on who is going and not to keep the list up to date who is going. However, this thread can grow quite fast so please PM me if you are planning on going and I can add you to the list. If something comes up and you can't make it, please PM us so we can remove you.

Once you have registered for the event on the Carlisle website, shoot myself or any other members of the staff a PM and let us know so we can mark you off on the list as registered.

Hotel Information
Last year everyone stayed at the Harrisburg West on Limekiln Rd. I think everyone was pretty satisfied with it. I think we need to get going early because if as many people come as say they will come then we will sell out Harrisburg West.

If this is the case we can set something up at the Rodeway Inn which is right next door to the Harrisburg West. I stayed at the Rodeway in 2009 and thought it was no better or worse than the Harrisburg West. We will cross that road when we fill the Harrisburg West. I strongly suggest booking early, nothing will be billed to your credit card until the date of the reservation. You can cancel at any time you feel like it. Another option is the Comfort Inn that is in the same parking area. I stayed here last year and thought it was pretty nice.

The rate for the hotel is $50/night. When you call you will need to mention that you are with 2GN.org. Currently we have not called to confirm this for 2012, so if you call before we get it arranged you may have to explain that we have been there in the past and ask if they are willing to honor the rate again this year.

Harrisburg West
110 Limekiln Road
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Phone: (717) 920-3627

Who's Going
1... Midnight_Rider - registered
2... racer12306 - registered x2
3... Danteneon - registered
4... heydockyle - registered
5... ianguilly - registered
6... dblsg - registered
7... Haganracing - registered
8... r/tguy02 - registered
9... XxWhiteNeonxX - registered
10. UriahRR -
11. sidepipe87 - registered
12. jonnymopar - registered
13. caraudioholic24 - registered
14. superdan -
15. Liz - registered
16. Knight - registered
17. rtsrt4 - registered
18. AdamG - registered x5
19. a23dranger - registered
20. lilnicko11 -
21. Fuzzyneon - registered
22. INVUJerry -
23. dvon17 - registered
24. 2005sxt24 -
25. jckevns - registered
26. Passt - registered
27. Rawkbunny - registered
28. Canada -
29. Roadkill -
30. boostalot -
31. 03MaineSXT -
32. shotinthedark87 - registered
33. tarasaywhaat -
34. BlackRoseRacing - registered x3
35. bone-yard-racing -
36. Hudson_Neon - registered
37. speed127 - registered
38. 2k1MotorSport - registered
39. blackneon89
40. slaw - registered
41. J-Villa -
42. Mark - registered
43. 04blazeredsxt - registered
44. 1995neon - registered
45. sxxxt - registered

Confirmed Count: 60

When you receive your stickers the correct place to put them is in the upper corner on the drivers side of the windshield. If you look at past years pictures I'm sure you will see more than a few examples.

Important Notes:
  • 1. I will be providing 7th Annual 2GN.org Meet Participant stickers to the first 50 registered members. This will be verified at the fairgrounds during the show though registration number. Your number in the list in this thread is not your registration number.
    2. We will be requiring proof of registering with 2GN.org to be included in the main Pizza Hut tab. In the past we have had a few people enjoy the benefits of the Awards Ceremony without supporting our group. We will have a list of all people who register a couple days prior to the event. If you register in the last week leading up to the show or on the day of the show we suggest that you bring your dash card to show that you have registered with 2GN.org. Those who do not register are still welcome to join us, however you will be responsible for your own tab. 2GN also reserves the right, on a case by case basis, to not allow someone to be included on the main tab.
    3. There are a few things that everyone should bring:
    • - enough chairs for all the asses that you are bringing (no one is allowed to sit on my cooler this year)
      - lots of water
      - a cooler with ice for your water and other beverages
      - typical travel stuff (clothes, etc)
      - car care stuff, if you chose to do anything at the field
      - camera stuff
      - sunblock
      - cash
    4. Carlisle FAQs, read them, love them
5. Tent space: Tent space is for people first and foremost. If there happens to be room for a car to be worked on then that should be fine, but if it comes to us needing more space for people the car will have to be removed. If you are planning on working on your car I suggest bringing your own tent or be prepared to work in the weather.

Before you leave, be sure to print this and take it with you!
http://www.2gn.org/2012Nationals/ScheduleofEvents.pdf

PLEASE NOTE – WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE COLISEUM ON FRIDAY LIKE YEARS PAST. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.

Thursday – Meet and Greet at the hotel – Most probably have their sticker for the show since Carlisle mailed them out this year. However, if you don't have your sticker this is a good time to stop at the fairgrounds to pick up your sticker and goodie bag. Doing this will save time getting into the fairgrounds Friday morning. If you choose not to go through the registration or already have your sticker for the show at this time you can hang out at the hotel. Please keep the noise down at night, there are others at the hotel that I imagine would like to enjoy a good night’s rest.

Friday Morning –Leave hotel around 9:00AM and depart to the Carlisle Fairgrounds. Those that haven’t registered will have to do so at this time as you enter the fairgrounds.

Friday – Do whatever at the show. Tickets will also be on sale for $1.00 each to raffle off the 2012 2GN.org Banner. Tickets can be purchased from Jason / Diablo0 at the 2GN.org tent or anywhere you may see him during the event.

Friday Night – Leave Fairgrounds at 3:45PM*** to go eat at the Jumbo Buffet & Grill in Harrisburg, PA at 5:00 PM.

Saturday Morning - Leave Hotel around 9:00AM and depart to fairgrounds.

Saturday – Again, do whatever you’d like at the show. Tickets will still be on sale for $1.00 each to raffle off the 2012 2GN.org Banner. Winner will be drawn later tonight at the Hotel after Pizza and awards.

Saturday Night – Leave fairgrounds at 4:30PM* to go to Three Mile Island for pictures and Car Show voting. Reminder – Bring tri-pods since it is a tree covered lot so it could be a little dark. When finished there, leave to go to back to the hotel for pizza, the awards ceremony as well as the raffle for the banner.

*Depending on Carlisle’s Schedule of Events, the Burnout and Bikini Contest may not be over at 4:30PM, but we must leave in order to have enough daylight for the group picture.
***As with previous years, we may leave earlier depending on how the group feels. If we're not at the tent, call/txt Diablo0 at 864-832-7642

Sunday (All-Day) - Nothing planned since majority of the people will be heading home this day. Carlisle Events will be announcing their show winners this day. Those that win will be displayed in the Winners Field so come congratulate them if you have the time! There may also be some members still at the tent this day for those that are leaving Monday.

ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS
Hotel (Harrisburg West) -
110 Limekiln Road
New Cumberland, PA 17070
717-920-3627

Carlisle Fairgrounds -
1000 Bryn Mawr Road
Carlisle, PA, 17013

Jumbo Buffet and Grill -
2800 Paxton St # D
Harrisburg, PA 17111
717-558-8212

Three Mile Island (Unmarked Road – Parking Lot – Close proximity address) -
99 Broadway St E
Etters, PA 17319
*Turn left on unnamed road that’s located immediately after you pass over Railroad tracks on Broadway St. E.

RULES
There are a few simple rules that must be followed.

1. Any fighting will result in a permanent ban.
2. Any illegal activities (such as, but not limited to, underage drinking, burnouts in the parking lot, etc) will result in a permanent ban.
3. Use common sense, if you are doing something that would probably get you fired from a job you will probably get banned.

You should represent 2GN in a positive manor. We are held in high regard by the Carlisle staff because we have essentially kept their Neon field alive by participating for the last 6 years.

2011 Club Registration Numbers
1ST – NEHOA – 78
2ND – 2GN.ORG – 71
3RD – MOPARTS.COM – 57
Last edited by racer12306 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Yay first post. You have the dates wrong Frank. 2018 is a long ways away lol.
05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Here we go again...

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:15 pm

heydockyle wrote:Yay first post. You have the dates wrong Frank. 2018 is a long ways away lol.
I thought about being the first post when I added my name to the list, but I figured I'd let someone else have the honor :lol:

And the date has been fixed. Thanks for pointing that out :thumbup:
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Why thank you for the honor. And you mayswell add me to the list. I shall be there, quite possibly with both cars.
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

ianguilly
2GN Member

Post by ianguilly » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Should have both coupes their, but don't have the cash to register right now.
-Neon #3 1999 Neon R/T coupe,DOHC MTX
-Neon #4 1998 Neon Alpine green coupe SOHC MTX -daily shit box

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #110

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:37 pm

definetly plan on going again :)
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 pm

I will be there, don't know if I will have a neon by then.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

NonBusto27
2GN Member

Post by NonBusto27 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm

damn, i told my wife we need to go to this then she scheduled our honeymoon to mexico the same time so gotta wait till next year for the road trip.
I'm not a doctor I just google it!

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member # 111!

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:42 pm

No you don't.

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:30 am

I'll be there as usual, thank heavens i dont have drill that weekend this year :D
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 am

Im in for sure, but i think im going to do like we did saturday night and camp in the hotel parking lot in a tent. That way were around all the fun, but dont have to pay for a hotel..

Last year, we planed to camp out, but then we rented a hotel ( the one next to the "party" thats 3 stories high) and i jokingly said " lets check for bed bugs" and i lifted up the matress and there was a few hundred of them. After arguing with the asshole for like 2 hours, he gave us our money back. Anyways, thats why i really dont wanna stay in a hotel this year.
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 am

At the Comfort Inn?

I'm surprised. My stay there in 2010 was fine. I'm planning to stay there again this year, especially since my wife and daughters will be there.

Easy decision for me since it will be free.

Yes, I will be rubbing that in every year
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 am

I never knew camping was an option. I didn't think the frequent cops diving through or the hotel owners would like that too much, so I did my best to get shitfaced and pass out since I don't really like sleeping in cars. Plus, in the morning my car's battery was dead and my foot was on the gas. I'm just so happy I didn't wake up with half of my car in the hotel or anything.

I'll be toking light this year, no drinks for me. If we're allowed to bring tents we can put ours all together so they can't kick us out, you know, power in numbers. ... or unless they have strippers at night at the show field or something, then I'll camp there.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:35 am

I can't see camping in the parking lot being taken kindly by the hotel, if they were to catch you.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:42 am

... that's what I figured. Give it three years and we'll all be camping in the parking lot while there's no one actually paying the hotel :lol:

EDIT: By the way Jason and Frank, thanks again for ALLLL the pizza last year. I'm sure I would have needed to go to the hospital if it weren't for all the grease. Well, I'm pretty sure I needed to go to the hospital anyway but my car was dead...

ANYWAY, just saying thanks when I can remember to. You guys do put on a good get-together, you just need to hand out some self-control as well and I'll be first in line to buy.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Add me to the list. One car I think... And hopefully not the daily.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm

UriahRR wrote: EDIT: By the way Jason and Frank, thanks again for ALLLL the pizza last year. I'm sure I would have needed to go to the hospital if it weren't for all the grease. Well, I'm pretty sure I needed to go to the hospital anyway but my car was dead...
I can't take any credit for the pizza. One because I wasn't there last year and two because that is paid for by the 2GN fund consisting of donations to the site and Jason's pocket.
UriahRR wrote: ANYWAY, just saying thanks when I can remember to. You guys do put on a good get-together, you just need to hand out some self-control as well and I'll be first in line to buy.
:lol:

Some of us could be quite wealthy if we could rent that stuff out.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:08 pm

racer12306 wrote:At the Comfort Inn?

I'm surprised. My stay there in 2010 was fine. I'm planning to stay there again this year, especially since my wife and daughters will be there.

Easy decision for me since it will be free.

Yes, I will be rubbing that in every year
Not sure what it was called. Ill ask my buddy i split it with.

It was an Indian guy running it though, i can tell you that much.
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 pm

UriahRR wrote:I'll be toking light this year, no drinks for me.
If you want, I will let you have some of my drinks for free :thumbup:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Haganracing wrote:
UriahRR wrote:I'll be toking light this year, no drinks for me.
If you want, I will let you have some of my drinks for free :thumbup:
:shock: heh, that kind of defeats the point :lol: , unless you're handing out bottles of water, I'm always in the mood for one of them.

But no, I only drank one other time between then and now, unfortunately it was when I was at Watkins Glen for a SVRA race weekend, and even more unfortunate is that I once again got sick all the next day after I drank and I literally only had five beers that night. Coming from a person that used to be able to down 16 cans and half a big bottle of 100proof soco in one night, this new inability is quite a handicap.

So I'll just stick to what I know and stay away from the drinks.

My new saying since then has been: 'Lungs of Steel, Stomach of Silk'

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:53 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:Add me to the list. One car I think... And hopefully not the daily.
If not you could always drive the 1gn. As long as you promise to put a clutch in it afterwards :rofl:
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 pm

I'll be there with my younger, larger brother Dave. He's owned three Rams (one currently), a Daytona, a Dakota, a Roadrunner, and a Charger. Another big Mopar guy!
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 pm

i'm planning on going... but not sure if i can have it off of work yet

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:44 pm

It's finally here....awesome.... I'll be there and hopefully have my rt head swapped in...can't wait...

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 am

I'll be there, especially since I was the first 2GN'er to register (hee-hee-hee! :lol: ). Canada, will you be bringing my Labatts again this year? I will be paying you this time! :beatstick:

Can't wait to see everyone again- this event is the highlight of my year!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:45 am

Man, #6? Did you sign up on someone's laptop at the hotel or something? That's awesome.
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 am

I know, I thought I was doing good registering on the 11th but Gramps beat me to it.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 am

no, he walked up to the booth and registered at the show last year

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 pm

heydockyle wrote:
sidepipe87 wrote:Add me to the list. One car I think... And hopefully not the daily.
If not you could always drive the 1gn. As long as you promise to put a clutch in it afterwards :rofl:
Either that's a harsh comment about me driving stick, or you just need a new clutch... I'm suspecting its the first one :lol:

Return to “Previous 2GN.org National Meet Discussions”