2012 2GN.org Meet - SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Located here are discussions from previous 2GN.org National Meets held at Carlisle, PA
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2012 2GN.org Meet - SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:51 am

Before you leave, be sure to print this and take it with you!
http://www.2gn.org/2012Nationals/ScheduleofEvents.pdf

PLEASE NOTE – WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE COLISEUM ON FRIDAY LIKE YEARS PAST. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.

Thursday – Meet and Greet at the hotel – Most probably have their sticker for the show since Carlisle mailed them out this year. However, if you don't have your sticker this is a good time to stop at the fairgrounds to pick up your sticker and goodie bag. Doing this will save time getting into the fairgrounds Friday morning. If you choose not to go through the registration or already have your sticker for the show at this time you can hang out at the hotel. Please keep the noise down at night, there are others at the hotel that I imagine would like to enjoy a good night’s rest.

Friday Morning –Leave hotel around 9:00AM and depart to the Carlisle Fairgrounds. Those that haven’t registered will have to do so at this time as you enter the fairgrounds.

Friday – Do whatever at the show. Tickets will also be on sale for $1.00 each to raffle off the 2012 2GN.org Banner. Tickets can be purchased from Jason / Diablo0 at the 2GN.org tent or anywhere you may see him during the event.

Friday Night – Leave Fairgrounds at 3:45PM*** to go eat at the Jumbo Buffet & Grill in Harrisburg, PA at 5:00 PM.

Saturday Morning - Leave Hotel around 9:00AM and depart to fairgrounds.

Saturday – Again, do whatever you’d like at the show. Tickets will still be on sale for $1.00 each to raffle off the 2012 2GN.org Banner. Winner will be drawn later tonight at the Hotel after Pizza and awards.

Saturday Night – Leave fairgrounds at 4:30PM* to go to Three Mile Island for pictures and Car Show voting. Reminder – Bring tri-pods since it is a tree covered lot so it could be a little dark. When finished there, leave to go to back to the hotel for pizza, the awards ceremony as well as the raffle for the banner.

*Depending on Carlisle’s Schedule of Events, the Burnout and Bikini Contest may not be over at 4:30PM, but we must leave in order to have enough daylight for the group picture.
***As with previous years, we may leave earlier depending on how the group feels. If we're not at the tent, call/txt Diablo0 at 864-832-7642

Sunday (All-Day) - Nothing planned since majority of the people will be heading home this day. Carlisle Events will be announcing their show winners this day. Those that win will be displayed in the Winners Field so come congratulate them if you have the time! There may also be some members still at the tent this day for those that are leaving Monday.

PIZZA INFORMATION!!!!

I cannon stress this enough, the pizza I'm providing is ONLY for those that have registered with 2GN.org. If you are not registered for the show field at Carlisle with 2GN.org you will not be allowed any pizza. The pizza is there to say Thank You to our members that support the group, not people that want to mooch off of it.

If you attended last year you probably remember the wristbands, those may be utilized again this year... I haven't quite decided yet. For those that weren't in attendance last year this is how it will work if we decide to use the bands again...

At the TMI parking lot for the photoshoot, before we leave to head back to the hotel we normally take a group shot picture of everyone standing next to their car. After this picture I ask that everyone remain by their car with their dash cards in hand. Myself and the rest of the staff will come around and give you a wristband. When we get back to the hotel you will need to show your wristband to get pizza.

I know, it's a little more of a pain but with word getting out and some non-2GN registered people staying at the hotel this year compared to previous years I'd rather not provide pizza to those that don't support us when people that do support us could enjoy the pizza instead. I'd really hate to see non-2GN registered people grab up slices and then end up short with people that registered with us not getting any.

So, if you're registered with us, make sure you're at TMI to get a wristband. :thumbup: If for some reason you weren't able to make it to TMI but registered with us, find and speak with me or a member of the staff about it.

Any questions please ask feel free to ask me or another member of the staff.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:51 am

:D !

this is awesome!
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

lilnicko11
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by lilnicko11 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 pm

So no bowling this year :( why the change? just curious
2002 NEON ACR
2004 NEON SRT4
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #50

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 am

Sadly yeah, no bowling.

If you remember last year and even the year before that, ordering of food at the Coliseum turned into quite the nightmare. I talked with the owner about us coming there to make sure it was okay and he didn't have a problem. While we were there some people ordered food and it took nearly an hour or more for it to come out while others that ordered well after them got their food right away. I talked to one of the waitresses about the problem and that's when I learned that she was never told of us coming in, no one knew of our group. She went to ask the owner and he claims he was never told. The waitress asked who I talked to and while I was unable to give a name I described the person very well and she knew exactly who it was, it's the person she just talked to, the owner, who claims he didn't know anything but is the one I talked to. The impression I got from her after our conversation was that she isn't too surprised at what happened, that the owner seems to do stuff like this. She just tended to roll her eyes in disgust towards him.

Between that and the difficulty in paying since they sometimes didn't issue individual checks and grouped tables together... it was generally just a mess of a situation with people ending up having to pay for stuff they didn't have just because someone else left them with the bill.

I really enjoyed bowling but the poor food service and the not splitting of checks has forced me to find somewhere else to go.
-Jason
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

lilnicko11
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by lilnicko11 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:23 am

sounds like a legit reason. :) more than a fair assessment :)
2002 NEON ACR
2004 NEON SRT4
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #50

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Not to throw a wrench into the works but if we are missing bowling that much there is a pretty decent alley across Paxton st. from Jumbo maybe something to look into for next year.

Mark
n00b

Post by Mark » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Thursday evening/night there is a cruise-in at the strip mall next to the Etters/Yocumtown Walmart. It is about 10 minutes south on I-83. Also there is an autox on Sunday that starts at 10AM in Hershey at the Giant Center put on by the Susquehanna Region of the SCCA.

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:07 pm

yea they were is a car meet near my house thusday night if if anybody wants to hang out there....plenty of places to eat as well
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:15 am

bone-yard-racing wrote:Not to throw a wrench into the works but if we are missing bowling that much there is a pretty decent alley across Paxton st. from Jumbo maybe something to look into for next year.
Before I head out of town I'll be sure to check out the alley. Thanks!
-Jason

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:11 am

^^Please do- I really liked our gang doing the bowling thing.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:31 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:^^Please do- I really liked our gang doing the bowling thing.
Just because the schedule of events is posted on what 2GN as a group is doing, this does not mean you can not wander off on your own and do what you want to do. Remember, to some of us this is our yearly vacation and we may decide as individuals to do something unrelated to what 2GN is doing.
Just remember we are all there to have a safe trip and enjoy ourselves :thumbup:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 pm

^^True, but this is also the only time each year that I get to see everyone so I want to max that. :D
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm

sounds good

personally i prefer to hang back at the hotel alot aside from tmi and fair grounds (depends even then on the hangover LOL) the main reason i go is the fair grounds and the hotel drinking and hanging out catching up and funny antics everything after that is just extra I go to see the group the cars are just a plus
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

Return to “Previous 2GN.org National Meet Discussions”