2013 All Chrysler Nationals/8th Annual 2GN.org National Meet

Located here are discussions from previous 2GN.org National Meets held at Carlisle, PA
racer12306
Junior Admin

2013 All Chrysler Nationals/8th Annual 2GN.org National Meet

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:33 am

Here it is everyone. The 8th Annual 2GN.org National Meet held at the Chryslers at Carlisle Annual Car Show, 2013.

The dates for the event are Jul 12 - Jul 14, 2013. More information about the Chrysler Nationals

Register Here
  • - Registration is $55 for one car and two people to get in the gates.
    - Registration Classes are as follows:
    • 201: Front Wheel Drive - Neon R/T & ACR ALL excl. SRT-4
      202: Front Wheel Drive - Neon All Modified
      203: Front Wheel Drive - Neon All Stock
      204: Front Wheel Drive - Neon SRT-4 Modified
      205: Front Wheel Drive - Neon SRT-4 Stock
    - Be sure to select 2GN.org as your Club. This is extremely important for two reasons
    • 1. It counts towards our club participation points.
      2. You will need to be registered under 2GN to have Jason cover your pizza on Saturday evening. (more information below)
    - Those who choose to register multiple vehicles can receive a discount (I believe this is still true)
    - If you register before June 10, 2013 the Carlisle Staff will mail you everything you need to get in the gate so you don’t have to wait in line.
    - Looks like the pre-registration is a little different this year. Registering before June 10 saves you 10% off of normal pricing.

As this thread grows we will try to keep an eye on who is going and not to keep the list up to date who is going. However, this thread can grow quite fast so please PM me or another moderator if you are planning on going and I can add you to the list. If something comes up and you can't make it, please PM us so we can remove you.

Once you have registered for the event on the Carlisle website, shoot myself or any other members of the staff a PM and let us know so we can mark you off on the list as registered.

Tentative Hotel Information
Last year everyone stayed at the Harrisburg West on Limekiln Rd. I think we need to get going early because if as many people come as say they will come then we will sell out Harrisburg West.

If this is the case we can set something up at the Rodeway Inn which is right next door to the Harrisburg West. I stayed at the Rodeway in 2009 and thought it was no better or worse than the Harrisburg West. We will cross that road when we fill the Harrisburg West. I strongly suggest booking early, nothing will be billed to your credit card until the date of the reservation. You can cancel at any time you feel like it. Another option is the Comfort Inn that is in the same parking area. I stayed here last year and thought it was pretty nice.

The rate for the hotel is $50/night. When you call you will need to mention that you are with 2GN.org.

I have the owners phone number and will be calling him soon. He told me last year that the hotel would be torn down in October, but some of our locals have confirmed it is still standing. Hopefully we can get at least one more year here because there just isn't a better option considering what they let us get away with.

Harrisburg West
110 Limekiln Road
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Phone: (717) 920-3627

Reservations are confirmed for Fire Mountain for the group meal on Friday @ 5:00PM. Made reservations for between 20-30 people.

Fire Mountain Buffet
6476 CARLISLE PIKE
MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050

Diablo0 wrote:Okay, I have some details on the Motel 6 for Carlisle. It's all setup and ready, I had them block off 30 rooms (20 Double, 10 Single Bed with a mix of smoking and non-smoking) just for us to use between the dates of 07/10/2013 and 07/15/2013. That's guaranteed until 06/10/2013, after that the rooms are back up for grabs to the general public so make your reservations soon.

Prices are as follows:
1 Adult - $43.99
2 Adults - $49.99
3 Adults - $52.99
4 Adults - $55.99

The number to call is 1-800-466-8356 and that call center is open until 3AM Eastern. When you call you can either tell them you want to make a reservation under the group "2GN" or if they can't locate it with that you can use group reference number "M076600065". She said either should work.
occasional demons wrote:You need to have them transfer you to group reservations, or they will have no clue...
I-83 at Limekiln Road, Exit #40-A
200 Commerce Drive
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Phone: (717) 774-8910

Who's Going
1. Midnight_Rider
2. Diablo0
3. Canada
4. racer12306
5. Haganracing
6. dvon17
7. doublesausage
8. r/tguy02
9. jckevns
10. Neon4Life who doesn't have a Neon for life
11. Caraudioholic24
12. ThatKevin is a slut and will be boosted
13. chipdogg
14. Johny
15. Adam G - questionable
16. sidepipe87
17. Danteneon

Confirmed Count:

I do not intend to keep this updated of who exactly is confirmed. If you have any questions once we start requesting the list, you can PM me. Also, last year was the first year without the wonderful Val and the response times left a lot to be desired so we may not receive an official count until the show.

When you receive your stickers the correct place to put them is in the upper corner on the drivers side of the windshield. If you look at past years pictures I'm sure you will see more than a few examples.

Important Notes:
  • 1. I will be providing 8th Annual 2GN.org Meet Participant stickers to the first 50 registered members. This will be verified at the fairgrounds during the show though registration number. Your number in the list in this thread is not your registration number.
    2. We will be requiring proof of registering with 2GN.org to be included in the main Pizza Hut tab. In the past we have had a few people enjoy the benefits of the Awards Ceremony without supporting our group. We will have a list of all people who register a couple days prior to the event. If you register in the last week leading up to the show or on the day of the show we suggest that you bring your dash card to show that you have registered with 2GN.org. Those who do not register are still welcome to join us, however you will be responsible for your own tab. 2GN also reserves the right, on a case by case basis, to not allow someone to be included on the main tab.
    3. There are a few things that everyone should bring:
    • - enough chairs for all the asses that you are bringing
      - lots of water
      - a cooler with ice for your water and other beverages
      - typical travel stuff (clothes, etc)
      - car care stuff, if you chose to do anything at the field
      - camera stuff
      - sunblock
      - cash
    4. Carlisle FAQs, read them, love them
5. Tent space: Tent space is for people first and foremost. If there happens to be room for a car to be worked on then that should be fine, but if it comes to us needing more space for people the car will have to be removed. If you are planning on working on your car I suggest bringing your own tent or be prepared to work in the weather.

RULES
There are a few simple rules that must be followed.

1. Any fighting will result in a permanent ban.
2. Any illegal activities (such as, but not limited to, underage drinking, burnouts in the parking lot, etc) will result in a permanent ban.
3. Use common sense, if you are doing something that would probably get you fired from a job you will probably get banned.

You should represent 2GN in a positive manor. We are held in high regard by the Carlisle staff because we have essentially kept their Neon field alive by participating for the last 6 years.

2012 Schedule for Reference, should be similar.
http://www.2gn.org/2012Nationals/ScheduleofEvents.pdf

PLEASE NOTE – WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE COLISEUM ON FRIDAY LIKE YEARS PAST. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.

Thursday – Meet and Greet at the hotel – Most probably have their sticker for the show since Carlisle mailed them out this year. However, if you don't have your sticker this is a good time to stop at the fairgrounds to pick up your sticker and goodie bag. Doing this will save time getting into the fairgrounds Friday morning. If you choose not to go through the registration or already have your sticker for the show at this time you can hang out at the hotel. Please keep the noise down at night, there are others at the hotel that I imagine would like to enjoy a good night’s rest.

Friday Morning –Leave hotel around 9:00AM and depart to the Carlisle Fairgrounds. Those that haven’t registered will have to do so at this time as you enter the fairgrounds.

Friday – Do whatever at the show. Tickets will also be on sale for $1.00 each to raffle off the 2012 2GN.org Banner. Tickets can be purchased from Jason / Diablo0 at the 2GN.org tent or anywhere you may see him during the event.

Friday Night – Leave Fairgrounds at 3:45PM*** to go eat at the Jumbo Buffet & Grill in Harrisburg, PA at 5:00 PM.

Saturday Morning - Leave Hotel around 9:00AM and depart to fairgrounds.

Saturday – Again, do whatever you’d like at the show. Tickets will still be on sale for $1.00 each to raffle off the 2012 2GN.org Banner. Winner will be drawn later tonight at the Hotel after Pizza and awards.

Saturday Night – Leave fairgrounds at 4:30PM* to go to Three Mile Island for pictures and Car Show voting. Reminder – Bring tri-pods since it is a tree covered lot so it could be a little dark. When finished there, leave to go to back to the hotel for pizza, the awards ceremony as well as the raffle for the banner.

*Depending on Carlisle’s Schedule of Events, the Burnout and Bikini Contest may not be over at 4:30PM, but we must leave in order to have enough daylight for the group picture.
***As with previous years, we may leave earlier depending on how the group feels. If we're not at the tent, call/txt Diablo0 at 864-832-7642

Sunday (All-Day) - Nothing planned since majority of the people will be heading home this day. Carlisle Events will be announcing their show winners this day. Those that win will be displayed in the Winners Field so come congratulate them if you have the time! There may also be some members still at the tent this day for those that are leaving Monday.

ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS
Hotel (Harrisburg West) -
110 Limekiln Road
New Cumberland, PA 17070
717-920-3627

Carlisle Fairgrounds -
1000 Bryn Mawr Road
Carlisle, PA, 17013

Jumbo Buffet and Grill -
2800 Paxton St # D
Harrisburg, PA 17111
717-558-8212

Three Mile Island (Unmarked Road – Parking Lot – Close proximity address) -
99 Broadway St E
Etters, PA 17319
*Turn left on unnamed road that’s located immediately after you pass over Railroad tracks on Broadway St. E.

2012 Club Registration Numbers
1ST – 2GN.ORG

Do the numbers really matter? We finally took 1st!
Last edited by racer12306 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:39 am

I'll be there!
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:24 am

You know I'm there!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 am

$55 for registration? wasn't it $35 last year?

fuck it! since i paid last year and didn't even take my car. LOL

i'm there!!!
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 am

Last year it was $50 full price. $40 if you registered before a certain date.

This year it's $55 full price and 10% off of that if registered before the date. So early registration is $49.50.

That is if I read the site correctly.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:26 am

i'll be there as always :thumbup:
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 am

I registered last July. :wink:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

jckevns
2GN Member

Post by jckevns » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am

Ill be there n ill have the neon this year

Phone Booth Member: 006

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm

wooot. i may make an appearance this year. :-)
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Im in.... hoping to finally be boosted this year!!!.....

Hoping to get HW hotel!!!

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:07 pm

So we should have more neons this year... Since last year most of us ended up having to take different vehicles for different reasons..

Still thinking about taking the Dakota up and trailering the SRT behind it. That way we can make a little pool in the bed of the truck LOL
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm

I wanna go :( if the Neon is ready and worthy I'll try my best.

Cruise down with Canada, xbrandonx, and Johny!
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Hope to see you make it down this year Kevin!

It's a great time!!

chipdogg
2GN Member

Post by chipdogg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 pm

850 miles.....A lot closer than Denver!

1st gens allowed? 2nd gens suck...
COME TO MY NEXT NEON MEET!!!

April 6th, 2013

viewtopic.php?t=64866

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Haganracing wrote:Hope to see you make it down this year Kevin!

It's a great time!!
Chris and Brandon said they are going, and so is the "founder" of SRT4 Junkies. I'm thinking I'm going even if the car can't.

Progress Log

Johny
2GN Member

Post by Johny » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:13 pm

ThatKevin wrote:
Haganracing wrote:Hope to see you make it down this year Kevin!

It's a great time!!
Chris and Brandon said they are going, and so is the "founder" of SRT4 Junkies. I'm thinking I'm going even if the car can't.

Shut it slut. you're gonna be boosted, and youre gonna drive that whore over there :thumbup:
www.JohnyR.net - Web development

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Johny wrote:Shut it slut. you're gonna be boosted, and youre gonna drive that whore over there :thumbup:
Let us pray to the Neon Gods :rockon:
Progress Log

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Might be a few crazy Canadians this year it seems... and most likely the SRTJunkies crew from Facebook is going to try to come.

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:14 pm

i should be there :rofl:
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 pm

I'll be there again with Ann.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Canada wrote:Might be a few crazy Canadians this year it seems... and most likely the SRTJunkies crew from Facebook is going to try to come.
The more the better!!

I have much love to my neon family up north!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:44 am

chipdogg wrote:1st gens allowed? 2nd gens suck...
All Neons need to be there. We'll ignore the 2GN comment. :lol:

chipdogg
2GN Member

Post by chipdogg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
chipdogg wrote:1st gens allowed? 2nd gens suck...
All Neons need to be there. We'll ignore the 2GN comment. :lol:
Hmmmm, I'm gonna go ahead and say I'll be there!
COME TO MY NEXT NEON MEET!!!

April 6th, 2013

viewtopic.php?t=64866

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 am

^^Yippee! Now get busy and register, son! :thumbup:

mopar2
2GN Member

Post by mopar2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am

Hmmm 1st gens you say......I may have to join in on this!
2004 Dodge Neon SRT4 (New beast)
Owner of B&P Repair https://www.facebook.com/pages/B-and-P- ... 9500229160

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:02 am

In case anyone is a little confused, this is a Chrysler event. We just piggy back our annual meet on it. All members are allowed. All Chrysler vehicles, no matter how questionable the relation to Chrysler is, are allowed. And unless specially permission is granted by the Fairgrounds staff, only Chrysler products are allowed in the gates.

Our Neons are just a drop in the bucket in terms of quantity of cars that will be present. This has been said to be the largest event that the Carlisle Fairgrounds hold over the course of the season.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: 2013 All Chrysler Nationals/8th Annual 2GN.org National

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 pm

racer12306 wrote:Who's Going
:rofl:

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Re: 2013 All Chrysler Nationals/8th Annual 2GN.org National

Post by Neon4Life » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
racer12306 wrote:Who's Going
:rofl:

making jokes i see. well see whos joking come July. :beatstick:
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 pm

:laughing3:

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:02 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:I'll be there again with Ann.
Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh :thumbup:

Return to “Previous 2GN.org National Meet Discussions”