2015 Carlisle Special Neon Display

Located here are discussions from previous 2GN.org National Meets held at Carlisle, PA
Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:11 am

sidepipe87 wrote:alpinegreenneon on the org was able to submit for his NYG ACR
Well, that's nice. I emailed Ed Buczeskie last night but haven't received a reply. No time today but I plan to call him tomorrow about this before I try to do the application again.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Blivitt02
2GN Member

Post by Blivitt02 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:53 pm

I managed to get mine submitted, it took me 4 tries...

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:08 pm

I haven't submitted mine yet as I was waiting for a response from Ed on some questions I had about what the rules are. Yesterday I finally got a response from him. Based on what he said I will be submitting an application within the next few days once I finally decide which Neon I want to enter. :lol:

Anyway here is Ed's most recent response.
Hi Greg,

I was sure I replied to this email weeks ago but since I don't see a "REPLY" icon, I'll err on the side of caution and send what might be a second reply. If I did reply before, I apologize but you might want to read this reply anyway just to make sure I'm consistent :)

That language you are referring to really applies to the indoor displays. However, the outdoor displays are very important, too. You guys are certainly welcome to drive in and out each day and if you can wait until 4pm on Saturday to leave, that will be fine, too. As you know, a display like this will reflect on you (the Neon clubs and owners) just as much as it does me so I know you'll want to make the display as nice and professional as possible.

I also understand about wanting to autocross. What I would ask there is that you not take more than one or two cars out of the tent/display at the same time.

I just want to make sure that everyone sees, enjoys and appreciates the Neon Anniversary so we'll want to make sure it looks as nice as possible.

Let me know if you have any concerns with the above.

Thanks Greg!!

Ed
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #140

95 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe - 97 Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe
02 Dodge Neon R/T - 04 Dodge SRT-4

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:50 am

Blivitt02 wrote:I managed to get mine submitted, it took me 4 tries...
Guess that I'll have to keep trying then. Extremely frustrating to have to fill out two pages of info each time before getting to the photo upload page, only to have their server time out. :cussing:

Blivitt02
2GN Member

Post by Blivitt02 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:59 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Blivitt02 wrote:I managed to get mine submitted, it took me 4 tries...
Guess that I'll have to keep trying then. Extremely frustrating to have to fill out two pages of info each time before getting to the photo upload page, only to have their server time out. :cussing:
Gramps, this may help.... I ended up taking screen shots of my application as I went, then labeled my pictures ahead of time 1-9. By the 4th try I had all of my answers and just copied everything onto the form and quickly pushed through the application.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. After a little bit of frustration, I finally managed to get an application submitted. =D> Let's see what happens...

Blivitt02
2GN Member

Post by Blivitt02 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Does anyone have an idea on when we'd hear back on this? I would like to know which car I have to get ready for this years show, and I can't make a decision until I hear back...

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:39 am

I agree. The application stated that we will be notified by either mail or phone so I guess that this means no email confirmations. Carlisle Events emailed me last Friday about having received my uploaded application but I haven't heard anything more.

red 02 r/t
2GN Member

Post by red 02 r/t » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Blivitt02 wrote:Does anyone have an idea on when we'd hear back on this? I would like to know which car I have to get ready for this years show, and I can't make a decision until I hear back...
My guess is they hold all the applications till the entry deadline date. Once all the possible applications have been sent in they will look through them and decide which cars make the cut. If my guess is right I wouldn't expect to hear back on whether or not your car has been accepted until late May or early June. You got another Mopar you are thinking of entering Mike?
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #140

95 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe - 97 Plymouth Neon ACR Coupe
02 Dodge Neon R/T - 04 Dodge SRT-4

Blivitt02
2GN Member

Post by Blivitt02 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Greg, yep... I have an 85 GLH that my mom bought new and parked in '90... It has <26kmi on it, and I finally managed to pry it away from my parents and get it back on the road...

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 am

Age before Beauty!

Next to my neon, my Omni was probably one of the more fun cars I've had.

Just curious, how is the car described as on the title? My '84 was listed as an LZE44, not an Omni.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Nicole from Dodge Product Information Center wrote:Dear David:

Thank you for your recent email!

We greatly appreciate your interest in the Dodge Neon, however, the production of the Dodge Neon has concluded. With that being said, I regret to inform you that at this time FCA US LLC has not released any official information indicating they will recognize the Dodge Neon's 20th Anniversary.
I emailed to ask if FCA would be doing anything official to mark the occasion and suggested that even a commemorative t-shirt would be nice. Oh well.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:17 am

Ed Buczeskie wrote:I currently have quite a few Neons that have applied but I know there are more based on the emails and phone calls that I’ve received. I typically start making selections around mid-March and I think we’re on track with that date for this display.
Received an email from Ed this morning so I thought this might help ease anxiety for those who submitted an application for the display.

pa acr
2GN Member

Post by pa acr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:00 pm

I just received an email from Ed, too and here are parts from it and my reply.........

Just received an email from Ed....super nice guy.

RE: Carlisle Events Web Response: neon recognition
Ed Buczeskie (EdB@carlisleevents.com)

Hi Thomas,

My name is Ed Buczeskie and I am the Event Manager for the Chrysler Nationals. I was cleaning out old emails and I wasn’t sure if you ever received a response to your question about the Neon anniversary. If you didn’t, I sincerely apologize. Hopefully by now you have seen that we are promoting 20 years of the Neon.

After talking with several Neon enthusiasts, all of them said that they don’t trailer their cars so they did not want to do a special display in one of the buildings because those cars must remain in the building from Thursday through Sunday. Their concern was not having transportation for the weekend. Because of that, we decided as a group that we would put up a tent in the Neon area of the show field for the featured Neons. If you’d like to submit a Neon to be featured, you can do so at the following link: http://invitationals.carlisleevents.com

Here is my reply......

Hi Ed,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sure you get hundreds of emails and it is difficult to get back to everyone. My only concern with putting a display tent in the neon area is a lot of people never come up over the hill to check out our cars. Plus I feel we never got the respect we deserved from the older MOPAR crowd. It would be fantastic if we could get a few neons somewhere in the special display areas. I don't know if it's ever been done before or would even be possible, but it would be really cool to have a "neon" parade in front of the grandstand during a time no planned special events are taking place......just an idea to give us some recognition.

pa acr
2GN Member

Post by pa acr » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 am

Just received another email from Ed..........

Some parts edited out.......

Hi Tom,

I may get behind on emails and phone calls, but I always get back to everyone…even if it takes longer than it should.

I’ve had other Neon folks express the same concerns about getting the foot traffic in your area. I’ll work on that on my end and see what I can come up with. I like the idea of a parade. Let me bounce that around in my head and also see if I can make it work logistically.

Keep throwing ideas my way on the Neon Reunion. Remember, this is YOUR show and the Neon Reunion is most definitely for YOU. I need you guys to tell me what you want to see happen at the show and it’s my job to try to make it a reality.

Thanks Tom!!

Ed

Return to “Previous 2GN.org National Meet Discussions”