Another new car

Any sort of pictures or videos (no adult content!) that is not related to Neons go here.
sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Another new car

Post by sidepipe87 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:43 am

I guess I should post this here for all the non Facebook users. I got a new car on Friday. 2014 Dodge Avenger R/T fully loaded with the 3.6 Pentastar v6. First impressions... car is very powerful, stable, quiet, and feels high end. The rear power windows alone are enough to blow me away! :lol: The remote start and butt warmers are nice too. I got it used with 6000 miles on it for $20k even, not too bad. The down sides to me.... not a GREAT looking car, but honestly I don't really like anything out currently. At least it looks a little different than everything else. Blind spots. lots of blind spots and bad rearward visibility. Again, this is most new cars I think. I'm not used to driving anything but a neon. The tach is in the center of the cluster and large, while the speedo is off to the right... this makes very little sense to me.

Current count puts me at 5 cars. This, silver neon, yellow SRT, OB neon, Trans Am. OB will be put back to mostly stock and sold off in a few months. Yellow SRT is currently for sale. I'm going to get the Trans Am running, clean it up and sell it come spring. I bought a Jeep Comanche last December but ended up selling it in March. Bought a wrecked SRT in May and parted it out.

Last edited by sidepipe87 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Pictures aren't working.

Congrats though! Sounds like you need to lower your car count.

Can't beat a pretty much brand new car with a powerful NA V6 for $20k! Plus having a warranty is so nice I bet. Was highly considering one.

Making payments on it? I heard they are doing 72 months with 0% APR.

Going to have to pay sales tax on the full $20k since it was bought at a dealership though right?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm

:thumbup: Congratulations ... the Avenger is a great car, especially with a Pentastar V6 engine.
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

wickedgood4684
2GN Member

Post by wickedgood4684 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:51 am

I love the blue! I have a 11 avenger with the 3.6. I love it. I actually like the styling.

I paid 12900 for mine with 50k. Mine is just the mainstreet edition
SRT-4 Challenge series
Season 1 Champion: gotheframe/tim and corey
Season 2 Champion: Greasydeuce/Dmonday
NTCC
Winter Series:
Drivers Chamion: Neon Nick/Squat BIG
Team Champions: Team Acura: miniMench & wicked221
Rookie of the year: Patriot 01/xxPATRIOT 01xx

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Another new car

Post by occasional demons » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:14 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:Pictures aren't working.
Just use the link without the image tag.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... e=54B0F7DF

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... d18b76a1d4[/img]

Looks good (For an Avenger :lol: ) Ryan. Power > Looks.

Congrats!
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks guys! Sorry about the images I was lazy and tried to link to FB and didn't check to see if they showed up. Uploaded to Photobucket now.

I wasn't able to get the 0% financing on it since they're only offering that on new. This is used with 6000 miles. Their standard financing was 4.99% which I had to laugh at and say no.... Do better. So the best rate available for used was 2.99% which seems to be pretty standard. I did get the taxes tacked on to finacing yeah. I put 4k down so my payments are only $268/mo which isn't bad. Loving the car so far.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:13 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:I wasn't able to get the 0% financing on it since they're only offering that on new. This is used with 6000 miles. Their standard financing was 4.99% which I had to laugh at and say no.... Do better. So the best rate available for used was 2.99% which seems to be pretty standard. I did get the taxes tacked on to finacing yeah. I put 4k down so my payments are only $268/mo which isn't bad. Loving the car so far.
Since I used to work for a car finance company, you should be aware that the stealership earns money on the financing. They can also get a "commission"
if they sign you to a contract for a higher % than your credit score justifies. Way to go ... holding out for the lower rate :)
05 Dodge SRT-4

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:59 pm

theColonel wrote:
sidepipe87 wrote:I wasn't able to get the 0% financing on it since they're only offering that on new. This is used with 6000 miles. Their standard financing was 4.99% which I had to laugh at and say no.... Do better. So the best rate available for used was 2.99% which seems to be pretty standard. I did get the taxes tacked on to finacing yeah. I put 4k down so my payments are only $268/mo which isn't bad. Loving the car so far.
Since I used to work for a car finance company, you should be aware that the stealership earns money on the financing. They can also get a "commission"
if they sign you to a contract for a higher % than your credit score justifies. Way to go ... holding out for the lower rate :)
Lane, I was curious about this... Is it possible the 2.99% they gave me isn't the best my credit score would allow? I just wondered because PNC was advertising 2.89% for well approved buyers which I should've been. My credit score is excellent. I wasn't going to make a stink about .10% though. The warranty guy did spill the beans that the financing company gave them a kick back that they will pass on to the buyer if you buy a warranty, otherwise they keep it.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:Lane, I was curious about this... Is it possible the 2.99% they gave me isn't the best my credit score would allow? I just wondered because PNC was advertising 2.89% for well approved buyers which I should've been. My credit score is excellent. I wasn't going to make a stink about .10% though. The warranty guy did spill the beans that the financing company gave them a kick back that they will pass on to the buyer if you buy a warranty, otherwise they keep it.
Ryan, I wouldn't have quibbled about 1/10th of a % either. I'm not able to answer your question about the best rate your credit score would get.

What I used to do was, get a commitment from a bank or credit union before I talked to a dealership, and tell the dealer I was "buying for cash" or
"arranging my own financing". Only once (in 2003) was the dealer able to match the interest rate. Unfortunately, I won't be buying any more cars
for myself, just possibly help my son when gets his next Charger, or possibly a Challenger
05 Dodge SRT-4

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 pm

I should've went to my bank ahead of time to get pre-approved so they had to go with it, but again. Not really worth arguing over that difference.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:10 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:I should've went to my bank ahead of time to get pre-approved so they had to go with it, but again. Not really worth arguing over that difference.

:withstupid: ... as I wrote earlier, you did good with your negotiations :thumbup:
05 Dodge SRT-4

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Those avengers are pretty fast, mid to low 14's pretty easy, and I don't mind the way they look. Christy was checking one out at the gas station a few days ago asking me what it was.

Really wish I could get the SY SRT from you man.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:I should've went to my bank ahead of time to get pre-approved so they had to go with it, but again. Not really worth arguing over that difference.
It does pay to get interest rate quotes from a bank or two before dealing with the finance folks at the dealer. I would have been hosed twice if I had not done that. One by the finance guy lying about the accidental death/dismemberment insurance on the loan, and the other by about 3% interest over what I could get from a bank.

The first guy lost the financing from his dishonesty that made the monthly payment $45 higher than the bank for the same amount borrowed over the same time period at the same interest. I even threatened to let them keep the car, got the dude in some shit with the sales dept./owner.

The second douche was backpedaling his ass off about trying to screw me, and then didn't send the title for a duplicate. I had to go back to the dealer and get the info so I could get plates. He didn't noticed I followed him into the back, where he was chatting it up with his hoes, thinking he was going to make me sit out there and wait. I kind of cleared my throat, and told him I didn't have all fucking day. The dude about jumped out of his skin. :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Off-Topic Media”