Scary video of skilled semi driver on black ice

Any sort of pictures or videos (no adult content!) that is not related to Neons go here.
Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Scary video of skilled semi driver on black ice

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:51 am

http://youtu.be/O7ApxVyskuI

Only flaw is that the driver was travelling too fast for the road conditions. I give him credit for maneuvering over the guardrail to avoid possibly hitting/killing drivers who were stopped due to the two rigs blocking the roadway ahead.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:02 am

i don't think he was very skilled (personal opinion) looks like he was trying to turn away from the guard rails almost like a panic like any of us average drivers would do. i would thank dumb luck that nobody was hurt
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:38 am

Notice that he hit the outside guard rail first and that ricocheted him towards the driver who was videoing. You can hear the sound of his skidding due to his brakes being locked up. By steering sharply, the semi driver went over the inside guard rail to avoid hitting the stopped vehicles ahead of him. After having rolled a Chevy Express van on black ice myself several years ago, I can only imagine what the semi driver was feeling (definitely a pucker factor of 10 :shock: ).
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Off-Topic Media”