Odometer mileage adjustment

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Odometer mileage adjustment

Post by occasional demons » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:21 pm

Since this is sometimes a common subject, and there aren't too many options besides finding to a cluster that has similar mileage to your car...

This may be worth it for some people:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-1998-201 ... Swc6heP4pz
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Coilwire
n00b

Re: Odometer mileage adjustment

Post by Coilwire » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:35 pm

Last year post but...No way to change odometer with a OBD Scanner Odometer correction? Was watching video about Xtool X100 pro2 interesting OBD port scanner wonder how it would work with a Neon? Been looking into holding onto Neon I got finding ways to future proof its continued road worthiness and needed ECU swaps and other programming needs.
2003 Dodge Neon SXT 2.0L MTX Swap

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:37 pm

I don't think anyone has tried it. If they have, it was never posted here.

I don't know if DaimlerChrysler would have made it that simple anyways, otherwise anyone with the tool could turn back mileage on a car.

Chrysler would only add mileage to a cluster to make it match a car that had more actual miles than a replacement cluster.

It had to be sent out to have it done. Then they stopped doing it, unless a new cluster was purchased, and the mileage of the car was put in the cluster.

As far as PCM's, the mileage stored there will not transfer to the cluster. It is only visible with a proper scan tool. So you can swap PCM's all day, and it will never change the mileage in the cluster.

They are two separate storage places. Cluster mileage is stored in the cluster, and PCM in the PCM.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Coilwire
n00b

Post by Coilwire » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Hmmm interesting. Have to email xtool on the X100 pro2 see if it can do a Neon Odometer. Autel was helpful before buying a MS906BT support said wasn't capable of programming VIN into Neon PCM. Think has to do with Neon being preCAN?Trying to figure out what dodge scanner would do job? Found a online seller got a MTX PCM ordered with VIN programmed in hopefully plug and play and play nice with SKIM module since computer will have cars VIN when plug it in. Been driving my Neon on a ATX computer with no speedometer for months after swapping ATX to MTX Odometer hasn't moved since swap still be driving on ATX PCM had it not malfunctioned. LOL

Coilwire
n00b

Post by Coilwire » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:47 pm

Was doing quick research Autel in reply mentioned Neon J2534 they have a version adapter but said had to be used with manufacture software for like programming PCM VIN. Another website mentioned Neon being preCAN and need Chrysler DRBIII found there is a DRBIII Emulator software kits wonder have to email see if has Odometer functions too? Had a 1999 Ford Ranger one time found a FORD scanner needed to program PATS keys into it, could do a lot with it if Chrysler is like that to on DRBIII handheld? See use same PCMCIA cards like Ford did in their handheld version. One company sells a DRBIII Emulator with J2534 adapter. https://www.controllertech.com/products ... i-emulator

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:37 pm

You would have to do a lot of PCM's to justify spending $2500.

IIRC, Ryan B. at PCM Plus (member/vendor here) was charging $50? to program VIN's with his DRB. You would have to program 50 PCM's just to break even.

The advantage most people have (had) with factory DRB's is a large percentage obtained them for, let's say a very reasonable price, when Chrysler did the huge downsize, and closed a ton of dealerships back in the day.

Unfortunately, as far as neon PCM's go, there isn't enough of a market anymore to bother with a business venture on neons alone. 10 year ago, it was a different scene.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Coilwire wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:35 pm
Last year post but...No way to change odometer with a OBD Scanner Odometer correction? Was watching video about Xtool X100 pro2 interesting OBD port scanner wonder how it would work with a Neon? Been looking into holding onto Neon I got finding ways to future proof its continued road worthiness and needed ECU swaps and other programming needs.
Old post but hopefully you didn't waste your time or money. I bought one of those OBDstar X100 tools and tried it a few years back... it didn't work at all. I managed to get my money back though. From what I have found the only way to change cluster mileage is by accessing the MCU directly with something like a UPA programmer.... major PITA. I personally have not done it.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”