Kenwood KAC-8401 1000w amp? Alpine MG-1912? Fakes?..........

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.

Think these are fakes?!

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

SkuZz902
n00b

Kenwood KAC-8401 1000w amp? Alpine MG-1912? Fakes?..........

Post by SkuZz902 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:01 am

Ok, I got this stuff from a guy that siad he bought the amp but decited not to use it and he got the subs at an auction (he had like 8 ).
The only thing i can find on the amp is the 640w, they both have the same model number, and i cant find ANYTHING on the subs... havnet heard eather need box for them still, anyone know anything or have opinion.... here are some pics
my camera sucks btw

the guy in this post
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=15 ... 97e1ece806
has the same exact amp but i dont think he is online latley, its been a while...

05srt4clone
2GN Member

Post by 05srt4clone » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:49 am

The subs looks like the wolfgeng(sp?) and the amp is definatly not a kenwood.
06 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Inline 5
Brainstorming mods
06 Toyota Corolla S
Wife's Car- Gas Saver

Loud-e-nuf
2GN Member

Post by Loud-e-nuf » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:58 am

The subs I'm 99% sure are fake But the amp looks like an older Kenwood and the model # matches uplike you said:

http://kenwood.nl.nt.ims.hr/languages/U ... C-8401.pdf
________
Marijuana Dispensaries
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE PROGRAM
Last edited by Loud-e-nuf on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:58 pm

how can you guys tell if there fake?... to me, the amp looks like a kenwood and the speakers look like the alpine type r's... :?
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

Loud-e-nuf
2GN Member

Post by Loud-e-nuf » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:01 pm

The back, the magnet or motor structure doesn't look anything like any alpine design I've ever seen.
________
Honda Interceptor Specifications
________
Drug test kit
Last edited by Loud-e-nuf on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SkuZz902
n00b

Post by SkuZz902 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:37 pm

Yea iv cant find that design of magnet anywere and for the amp the pdf link is for the 640watt, iv looked everywere and cant find the same model number but 1000w so thats why i was speculating it being real...

lilolneon
2GN Member

Post by lilolneon » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:02 am

i did some searching on the amp, i know its kenwood from its design, not sure about the rest of it, although a person on ebay is selling their system with a 1000w kenwood amp that looks just like yours, and going to the alpine website, and other searches for Alpine Type-R subs, they are all silver with a bigger R logo in the middle thats red, and they have a completely different mag on them. So, im 100% sure your subs are fake, the amp on the other hand, seems to be real, i just cant find much info on one that is a 1000w mono amp with that design.
2003 Atlantic Blue SE (R.I.P. 03-06)
2003 Black SXT (R.I.P. 06-14)
2007 Silver Civic LX Coupe

Anonymous User
2GN Member

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:22 am

im not an audio person, but i know for sure the sub is fake because i was looki at buyin alpines, but there fake because they are not supposed to be red and the R logo is much more bigger and the structure and mag are totally different.
2002 Neon SST - Gone!
1990 Saab 9000 - Sold
1990 Acura Integra B16A - Sold
1995 JDM Front integra - Traded
1994 BMW 325i Convertible - Traded
1993 Honda Del Sol B18C - Sold
!997 Infiniti Q45 - TOTALED!!!!

glasjaw
2GN Member

Post by glasjaw » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:47 am

I have that same amp but its 800w. Definately not fake, its just an older model and hard to find online.
Alpine CDA-9886
Sundown Sax100.4
Focal Polyglass VR comps
Sundown Saz-1500D
Ssa Xcon 15"
Big 3 1/0 guage

SkuZz902
n00b

Post by SkuZz902 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:11 pm

Hmm... well i hooked everything up the 2 12" subs in a Q Logic sealed box and the amp, sounds decent, hits good, they can handle more watts though, when im sitting in the seat i can feel my adams apple viberate if that gives an idea how it is.. heh. might change out and sell but well see what i can get my hands on...

lilolneon
2GN Member

Post by lilolneon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:55 pm

i wish i could turn my system up some... my battery cant take it >_<
2003 Atlantic Blue SE (R.I.P. 03-06)
2003 Black SXT (R.I.P. 06-14)
2007 Silver Civic LX Coupe

SkuZz902
n00b

Post by SkuZz902 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 am

my lights dim alittle but not that bad.... i want to get something better though, evne though it sounds good i dont want to take pics and have a-holes start bashing cause there fake alpines lol but w/e

Spork
2GN Member

Post by Spork » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:23 am

Subs are fake. I know a local Alpine distributor who stated they never made a sub like that. Follow up with Alpine direct if needed.

You should contact Kenwood with the serial number on the amp to see if they even have it in their system. The shell looks like a Kenwood shell, I doubt the guts are still the same though.

Dizazter
Fresh Fish

Re: Kenwood KAC-8401 1000w amp? Alpine MG-1912? Fakes?..........

Post by Dizazter » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:36 pm

If any of the people on here knew at all what they are talking about they would stop giving advice based on absolutely no research or any actual knowledge all every one has done is give you they're best guess so if any of them actually knew what they are talking about they would have told you that there should be some numbers other than the model number stamped on the cone/and or the magnet you should write down any and all numbers found on the subs and put them in an email along with photos and the model number of the subs and send them directly to Alpine you can find information on alpines website as to where to send the email but they will need all these numbers in order to actually give you information on if the product was made by then the people on here obviously haven't considered the fact that companies sometimes sell different products in different countries that are not sold in other countries so they may be real they may be fake I just told you how to find out never ask anyone on a forum for advice about if a product is real because it's just normal people that don't know Jack giving the answers most of the time I have the same set of speakers I haven't bothered seeing if they are real because I don't really care they work great actually out performing some other more expensive subs I have they are very well made and it just makes no difference to me to have them verified but I told you how to verify them from the source I hope you find your answer to everyone else who has commented on this post get a clue when someone asks for information on a priduct they aren't asking for your opinion they are asking about your knowledge so if you don't have any knowledge don't give an answer it's that simple if you don't know then keep it movin this is an old post and it's sad to see this guy may have thrown them away or something based on false information from unqualified people answering a question they had no knowledge of what if that happened to you if you can't help yourself and feel you have to chime in done exactly what I just did tell them to check the source and to avoid forums because forums are full of useless information that could potentially cause you more problems than solutions good luck

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:39 pm

Can anyone read this without getting a huge headache? Learn how to use some fucking punctuation.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:47 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:39 pm
Can anyone read this without getting a huge headache? Learn how to use some fucking punctuation.
You done have done absolutely no research, or have any actual knowledge on their crappy punctuation, so how dare you reply to that post! :lol:

Someone that replies to a 15 year old post to bash people and forums about something that was long forgotten, and no one really gives a flying fuck about, is generally a Spammer, but the IP is from the US, so we shall see...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Dizazter wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:36 pm
If any of the people on here knew at all what they are talking about they would stop giving advice based on absolutely no research or any actual knowledge.

all every one has done is give you they're best guess. so if any of them actually knew what they are talking about, they would have told you that there should be some numbers other than the model number stamped on the cone/and or the magnet. you should write down any and all numbers found on the subs and put them in an email along with photos and the model number of the subs and send them directly to Alpine. you can find information on alpines website as to where to send the email but they will need all these numbers in order to actually give you information on if the product was made by then.

the people on here obviously haven't considered the fact that companies sometimes sell different products in different countries that are not sold in other countries so they may be real they may be fake. I just told you how to find out.

never ask anyone on a forum for advice about if a product is real because it's just normal people that don't know Jack giving the answers. most of the time I have the same set of speakers I haven't bothered seeing if they are real because I don't really care. they work great actually out performing some other more expensive subs I have. they are very well made, and it just makes no difference to me to have them verified.

but I told you how to verify them from the source. I hope you find your answer. to everyone else who has commented on this post, get a clue when someone asks for information on a priduct. they aren't asking for your opinion, they are asking about your knowledge.

so if you don't have any knowledge don't give an answer. it's that simple if you don't know then keep it movin this is an old post and it's sad to see this guy may have thrown them away or something based on false information from unqualified people answering a question they had no knowledge of.

what if that happened to you? if you can't help yourself, and feel you have to chime in, done exactly what I just did. tell them to check the source, and to avoid forums because forums are full of useless information that could potentially cause you more problems than solutions. good luck

Everyone

Their

Outperforming

Or maybe they were out performing in a band?

Nothing like telling people how dumb they are, and you proverbially "open your mouth" and prove that you are not much smarter.

Maybe they will take their own advice, avoid forums from now on. Because we are all full of useless information after all.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:02 am

Ouch. My eyes hurt.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”