No start. PCM dead?

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
Boyscoutgonebad
2GN Member

Post by Boyscoutgonebad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:Not to read what? codes from a key dance? codes on a reader? What are you trying to do? If the car won't start and nothing is activating, try checking the ASD fuse first.
yes and yes. key dance does nothing, code reader doesn't turn on. Car won't start, starter doesn't click. headlights,interior lights, dash and radio still come on. Car died while I was driving, then wouldn't start. I checked Fuses, swapped relays around, checked grounds initially. But I'm not ruling those out as a possible problem yet.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Re check the ground at the drivers headlight. It is the ground for the PCM. If the PCM is not grounded, it cannot ground the starter relay, the ASD relay or anything else for that matter. (Injectors/coil)

I don't think a SKIM lock out would affect the ability to get codes, but no PCM ground just might.

Fuse 21 (PDC) feeds the Data Link Connector in addition to the relays, so the ASD relay not working will not affect the Data Link. But if Fuse 21 is blown, you will not get any ASD relay, fuel pump, PCM pin 6 C1, fuel injectors, coil, power to the PCM pin 46 C2, no code read out, etc...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Boyscoutgonebad
2GN Member

Post by Boyscoutgonebad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Good info, thanks. unfortunately the car is parked an hour away so I have to wait for some time off to work on it.

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”