ECU problems... UH OH!

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
00Neon RCR
2GN Member

ECU problems... UH OH!

Post by 00Neon RCR » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Ok, so before everyone starts telling me again and again, "Just go MS... yes I know MS would probably be my BEST solution to all these problems I am having right now. However, it is not feasible right now for the funds. That being said, ok. So I picked up a 2000 5 speed ECU for my 2.4T swap. It started the car, and would run but quickly die. I was running low on fuel. Anyways, poured some fuel into it and started it up again. This time she started up and within seconds died. It is for certain out of a 2000 and it for certain is NON Skim! The funny thing is, now the ECU won't turn the car over. Fuel pump kicks in and all, but the ECU will not turn over... as if I am not pushing my clutch pedal in. I then took my PT ecu and car turns over and starts fine. I personally am in love with the PT ecu, but the iac will not work on my setup. However, with the IAC valve sensor unplugged, my car will actually idle. So not sure if it's actually needed. Anyways, back on topic. Any ideas as to why the 2000 ECU all of a sudden will not crank the car over? Easy fix? Is there a way I can reset the ECU without having to resort to a dealer? I personally was going to take the 2000 ECU and put it in an 01 LE that I picked up and then take the skimmed ECU, skim, ignition, etc from the 01 LE and run it in my 2.4T. However, after having this happen, I don't want the same thing happen to that ECU as it did the 2000. If it's an easy fix than I will attempt to do it. Please get back to me.

Thanks.

Adam

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:17 pm

So you are running the '00 IAC, thus why you want to use the '00 PCM?

You didn't by chance put the '00 PCM in the '01 SKIM equipped car beforehand did you?
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

00Neon RCR
2GN Member

Post by 00Neon RCR » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:11 pm

occasional demons wrote:So you are running the '00 IAC, thus why you want to use the '00 PCM?

You didn't by chance put the '00 PCM in the '01 SKIM equipped car beforehand did you?

No I was trying this 2000 ECU in my 2.4 T car. I unplugged the skim module before plugging the ECU in. It started it, but then it just randomly stopped turning the car over. It's not in ASD (I don't think, cause my fuel pump is priming. I said F*** that ECU, I noticed the jelly was seperating from the sides, so I think it may have got wet or something by the previous owner.

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 am

first thing that would pop out at me is that the 2.4T is probably using 2.5bar map sensor....your 00 ecu is setup for a 1bar map...so the car is seeing totaly different pressure than what is actually there.......that alone is enough to make it not run right......

as for the problem with it not even turning over, the only thing i can think of is that you actually DO have a skim pcm...

anytime you go from NA to turbo or the other way around, the whole pcm has to be reprogrammed, which only the SRT/PTGT computers can be reprogrammed correctly...

the problem there is that the SRT/PTGT is not compatible with the cam/crank sensors on your motor unless it's an NGC block......which if it is then that would also explain why the 00 ecu wont work...
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”