Fabricating for a Double Din

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
The_Grimy_One
2GN Member

Fabricating for a Double Din

Post by The_Grimy_One » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Ok, so I have searched around a little, but didnt find much on a "how-to" or a tutorial on fabricating the dash to put a double din in...

I am not looking to do anything incredible, just want it to fit and look descent.

I have read and seen that some people just fabricated their current bezel, with no fiberglassing, and just had to cut behind the bezel...

If anyone has a brief overview on what to do, or could link me to a descriptive thread, it will be much appreciated.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:11 pm

skaterking did a nice job on his. check out his progress log
PM me for your 03+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Yea there's not really a how to around. Depending on how patient you are and the tools and skills just make.sure you measure a bunch and don't cut out more than you need to. First I mounted it where I wanted it then cut the bezel around did what I had to do to make it fit

Dabuh
2GN Member

Post by Dabuh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:58 am

Mine currently looks like crap. I would almost say that fiberglassing is required. I got in there with a sawsall and cut all the plastic on the top and bottom, you have to be careful not to hit the vents or cut any of the wiring harnesses. Then I made a template on the bezel and cut that out, I left a little extra that I filed down. As a temporary solution I have used a single din dash kit to fill in the side on the left and right until I feel like fiberglassing it in.
Overall it isn't too difficult to do I think I did mine in a few hours during the winter. Some people think it looks great but I do not like the pieces of dash kit I have glued to the bezel, fibreglass would be much cleaner.
RADARsx 2.0 wrote:
UriahRR wrote:
Dabuh wrote: This is after an accident as you can see;
Oh yes, I can see the accident. The big, tall, scaffolding accident.
No No...that's his shopping cart handle...lol
ROFL!!!

xbrandonx
2GN Member

Post by xbrandonx » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:26 pm

heres some pics from when i did my custom install, i relocated the hvac controls but they dont need to be moved if you dont want to get into more work
also, Jenni did a somewhat how to somewhere around here
--Brandon

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Just picked up a spare bezel to try this out, maybe getting a double din this summer :D

Brandon!!! do mine! I know you have tons of time on your hand :rofl:
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

Public Disturbance
2GN Member

Re: Fabricating for a Double Din

Post by Public Disturbance » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 pm

The_Grimy_One wrote:Ok, so I have searched around a little, but didnt find much on a "how-to" or a tutorial on fabricating the dash to put a double din in...

I am not looking to do anything incredible, just want it to fit and look descent.

I have read and seen that some people just fabricated their current bezel, with no fiberglassing, and just had to cut behind the bezel...

If anyone has a brief overview on what to do, or could link me to a descriptive thread, it will be much appreciated.
If you want I can make you one I have a Pioneer AVH4300DVD double in I also molded in a gauge pod into one of my heater vents with a blackcatcustom heater control surround if you have a spare bezel to send me I could prolly get you setup for a double din for around 140 shipped back to you(that includes mounting brackets for the actual headunit, and painted slate grey to match the interior) if you are running a pioneer avh double din I can just use mine for fitment if not you would have to ship the double din also. I have feedback in my signature and Im also a vendor on here, this is a pic of mine its actually Inferno Red the pic made it look more flame red.

Last edited by Public Disturbance on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moparneon00
2GN Member

Post by moparneon00 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:25 pm

hey i have a spare bezel how much would you charge to turn that into a double din

mjrpaine
2GN Member

Post by mjrpaine » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:49 pm

nineball did a how to ... but its posted in srtforums.

heres the link.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f40/com ... sh-615451/
Official " I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies " Club # 132
Jason

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”