Depo headlight aiming tool?

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
03SXTGUY
2GN Member

Depo headlight aiming tool?

Post by 03SXTGUY » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 am

Silly question but I noticed on my set of Depo headlights that they changed the aiming bolts from a typical phillips or even torx to something weird. What do y'all use to aim these? It's like a reverse star or something...?

I'm about to start a new retro and I want to be able to use the stock vertical adjusters
- Ben -

'03 Silver Neon SXT 2.0 SOHC w/ some stuff
Charlotte's Progress Log

stdlystdmufn
2GN Member

Post by stdlystdmufn » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 am

yea i cant really see it in the picture but if its the bolt style im thinking of a regular 6 or 12 point socket will work.
in the middle of a DOHC and MTX swap and going with an ASP kit pwered by the S259 batmowheel

03SXTGUY
2GN Member

Post by 03SXTGUY » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 am

I just counted, looks like 6 point. I might have to go out and buy one. That sucks though, as I'm sure a socket isn't small enough to easily slide down into the "adjuster" holes in the frame of the car lol

Thanks for the quick reply!
- Ben -

Charlotte's Progress Log

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:17 am

You can measure across the flats to get a size. A set of calipers would be the best way, but eyeballing it with a tape measure should get you close. May need one of those small nut driver sets, like what comes in the mini screwdriver sets, or jeweler's sets.

Either way, it was a bonehead move, if you can't get a normal tool in there to adjust them. I bet when ppl start returning them, and their sales drop dramatically, they will switch back.

Or just quit making them for neons.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

03SXTGUY
2GN Member

Post by 03SXTGUY » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 am

I'll probably just grab a drill bit and drill 'em out to fit the socket haha :thumbup:
- Ben -

Charlotte's Progress Log

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 pm

:shock:

It's your car I guess, just get some paint on the holes...

IDK, after seeing all the ghetto stuff on my 1gn project, that just makes me cringe.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”