Push button start

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
ckrock946
2GN Member

Push button start

Post by ckrock946 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 pm

How hard would it be to hook up something like this in my 05 sxt?
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance- ... tId=763174

I still plan on using the key but maybe move the cylinder so its next to this panel. Insert key, flip switch and press button

dadmoonbunny
2GN Member

Post by dadmoonbunny » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:10 pm

ckrock-

I KNOW its an old post. The idea is NOT that hard. I did this on a couple of daily drivers that I did not want to get taken. I just put the switch away from the key. One of my favorite places was to remove the lighter socket from the ashtray and place the "igniter" switch there.

Two wires to the starter. Battery wire and a smaller one to the relay or bendix. Cut the smaller one, extend it to the place where you want the switch and back to the starter. Make sure you heat shrink ALL of the terminal lugs after crimping them, and place boots over the exposed connections to keep them from being shorted out.
If you can see the entire exhaust system while standing upright, you're either under a lift or you've done something wrong.

ckrock946
2GN Member

Post by ckrock946 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Completely forgot about this post, but thanks for that explanation. It is now only list of things to do.

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #141

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”