RKE and decklid release button

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
jessenic
n00b

RKE and decklid release button

Post by jessenic » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi all,
I just installed an aftermarket decklid release solenoid on my 2000 Chrysler Neon with power door locks (and the RKE module). I want to use the RKE module to control the solenoid, however the pin 14 does not seem to have any function listed in the 2000 FSM. In 2004 FSM it's decklid relay control. I tried grounding the pin 14, but did not hear the relay click. Then I decided to wire +12V through a button to the decklid solenoid wire which comes from pin 16. It worked with the RKE unplugged, but when I plugged in the RKE and pushed the button my 15amp fuse before the button burned. So, my question is targeted for people with 2000-2002 stock decklid release and the button, how is it wired? And which model is your RKE module? My RKE module is P05293040AC and did not come with a keyfob. It's funny that it's the 315Mhz model which is "illegal" in Europe (should be the one with a green label and 430Mhz afaik).

Also I ordered a used US keyfob and will visit the dealer on Monday to see if it can be programmed to my RKE module. Oh, and the the decklid solenoid wire was wired in the factory from the RKE to the C302 connector in the trunk.

jessenic
n00b

Post by jessenic » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Ok I ended up throwing in a relay after the RKE as the internal relay seems to be grounded when it's not powered.

jessenic
n00b

Post by jessenic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 am

The stealership took 52€ for programming the remote, and they did not even succeed. I'm pretty sure I have the US RKE Module which runs at 315Mhz. Maybe the remote part was not enabled and they tried programming it with that off? They said to me that either the remote does not work or it's a wrong remote as it does not communicate with the car.

Edit:
The RKE Module has three modes of operation including customer usage mode, dealer lot storage mode, and shipping mode. The customer usage mode provides full functionality of the module and is the mode in which the RKE Module should be operating when used by the customer. Dealer lot storage mode and shipping mode are reduced power modes meant to extend vehicle battery life during shipping and storage in the dealer lot. Dealer lot storage mode provides limited VTSS and power door lock functions, and disables the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) functions. This mode is intended to be used when the vehicle is on the dealer lot to provide VTSS coverage of the vehicle while minimizing battery drain. Shipping mode disables all normal functions of the module with the exception of communications over the vehicle's PCI bus, and is intended to be used when the vehicle is shipped from the assembly plant. The dealer must remove the module from shipping mode and place it into either the dealer lot storage or customer usage modes of operation.
Could my RKE have been in Dealer lot storage mode as it did not have a keyfob? Does the DRBIII inform about this when trying to program a keyfob when in storage mode?

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”