No horn

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
Anthonytony
n00b

No horn

Post by Anthonytony » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:55 pm

So recently I had discovered a problem. I had a car cut me off and so of course i blew my horn, well little did I know the horn didn’t go off and I had pressed hard on the steering wheel and the horn never went off. I tried checking the horn relay but nothing look wrong with it. It used to work when I first started driving my neon a few months ago and now it doesn’t work. Anyone have any suggestions?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: No horn

Post by occasional demons » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:18 am

If the relay is good, and the horn sounds by jumping the relay contacts, then the issue could be in the steering wheel's clockspring.

The horn button acts as the ground path for the relay. So if the clockspring ribbon has failed, it won't ground the relay coil. Sometimes a non functioning horn is also accompanied by an air bag light, and/or non functioning cruise control. all of them are run through the clockspring.

You can test the relay by swapping it with the starter relay. if it doesn't crank, the relay is bad.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”