How-To: Rear Door Panel Removal

Gnuserup
2GN Member

How-To: Rear Door Panel Removal

Post by Gnuserup » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Sorry for mistakes, but I´ll try my best to explain the work in english :)

The hardest thing I think is to remove the window crank if you have no plan until now

A little clip is holding it on the axle

You can manage it if you push the panel a little or better try to cant the shim and it helds itself

I took that kind of a electronics pliers to remove the clip

and got that result

Now remove two screws (one is behind the opener and the other in the trough).

I think the best way to remove the panel is to start at the upper corner (don´t forget that the panel laps at the window) and pull it with your hands. A screwdriver or something like that will usually destroy the finish. Be careful, the edge is kind of sharp.

You´ll see the clips and the removed panel here

Now you have to remove the linkage from the locking device by pushing the savetyclips and try not to break or loose them

Installing in the reverse order. Make sure that all panel clips are at the panel and not left in the door or lost.

Install the crank in a position you like or look at the other door, it is installed faster as you think. Insert the clip (only half way) first and then push the crank on the axle.

Last edited by Gnuserup on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xclusives_619
2GN Member

Post by Xclusives_619 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Great write-up

Gnuserup
2GN Member

Post by Gnuserup » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Jr1
2GN Member

Post by Jr1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I learned a trick to get the clip off of the window crank from an old fella....take a shop rag(or whatever kind of rag you have laying around) sneak it behind the crank and with a hand on both ends of the rag pull down(kinda like you're shining a shoe) until the clip comes out.I have done this a thousand times and it works very well every time.The only thing you have to really worry about is the clip flying across the garage and losing it.
Hope this helps!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Or you can buy the tool made for it.They are usually under $10. Then the rag becomes useful to put in the path of the clip, so it doesn't go flying. But the rag trick does work well in a pinch. :thumbup:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

ianguilly
2GN Member

Post by ianguilly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Here's what you want:

I use it at work, in the JY, at home works every single time. A decent one cost like $2.
-Neon #3 1999 Neon R/T coupe,DOHC MTX
-Neon #4 1998 Neon Alpine green coupe SOHC MTX -daily shit box

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member #110

Return to “HT Interior”