install oil pressure, volt, and vacuum gauges from glowshift

orangeneon05
2GN Member

install oil pressure, volt, and vacuum gauges from glowshift

Post by orangeneon05 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:29 pm

hey all
i just got my gauges in from glowshift and they look sweet i will be doing the install around the 12th of march so keep watching this post for the how to and pics i have some teaser pics that are going to be on later tonight .
Buyer/ Seller Feedback Here

2005 OB Srt-D, R/T motor swap

Jeepin'
2GN Member

Post by Jeepin' » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Shibby!

I put a vacuum gauge in mine back in November for my roadtrip to MA and back. Can you tell us where you plan on mounting? A pillar pod or are you switching things up?
FortMyersRacing.net - SwflRacing.com
2005 Neon SXT - 5 Speed, Fully adjustable Tokio Struts, 2" drop springs, stock 17" SRT rims w/ 215/50 series, f&r sway bars, f&r Strut tower bars, solid motor mounts, gutted, CAI, short throw, exhaust - built for the track but doing double duty

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:49 pm

it is an A pillar pod but it looks nice and clean have a look

the in-house teaser

just the pillar

pillar and the gauge cluster which will be swaped to an srt-4 cluster soon

more pics to come when im doing the install

Morkeste
n00b

Post by Morkeste » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:07 am

I'll be keeping an eye on this... I'm getting the exact same set. Did the pod install easy? Only ever pillar pod set I've had, was a direct fit replacement. I hear this one is more of an overlay?
-Morkeste

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 pm

yea its an overlay it has 4 screws that you screw on to hold it together. in the picture i dont have it screwed in i just have it sitting there and being held by the dash and the weather seal on the door frame. this coming friday the 12th ill be starting so there will be plenty of pics being put up with a good written how-to that weekend.

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am

hey guys the moment is here i have finished the install this weekend i will be doing the write up and should have it finished on sunday night its a little late to do so tonight but it will happen later.

Morkeste
n00b

Post by Morkeste » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Still waiting ;)

I got mine installed, and built the thing for the oil pressure sender from parts at lowes... Cost about 5 bucks. Just need to install it still... Or Ill keep procrastonating
-Morkeste

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 pm

sorry ive been taking a while crazy weekend and week im going to start it now and add to it ill do the engine bay first then the interior and then the final day and night shots.

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Ok here goes my first write up and i have been kinda busy so its going to take a while to have all the pics and words added. this will probably not be as wordy as some might think but explained the best way i can.

ok step one go to http://www.glowshiftdirect.com and purchase the 00-05 dodge neon and neon srt three pod kit. (heres the link directly(http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/00-05-do ... ckage.aspx)or you can mix and match from the site)

step two when it comes check everything to make sure it is in good shape because they have a 14 day return policy that is kinda stupid but no way to beat it.

these are the back of the gauges i purchased

volt

oil pressure

vacuum

(the pictures are a bit blurry because i didnt use a flash to take them)

after i checked my gauges the next morning i put them in the pillar and test fitted them in my car

ok the engine bay installation starting with the oil pressure flange that i bought with the kit

from left to right:
LEFT: is the brass fitting that holds the plate onto the stock threads of the filter mount.
CENTER: the 1" flange that was purchased in the glowshift kit.
RIGHT: the pressure sender

the flange came with two plugs that i teflon taped and put in the two holes on the flat side and the sender on the left side whole with teflon

i placed the flange and the sender on the stock filter mount and had the sender pointing to the left side because there was more space that way.

and finally the filter placed back on the motor

in the kit they give you three sender wires all heat wrapped together the green goes to the G post on the sender and i used the brown as a ground which goes on the W post i believe and the blue i just taped up and left it attached to the others.

for the running of the wire i looked up by the filter and zip-tied it to some hoses but not too tightly so the hoses can still function
closest to bottom of car
hose by the EGR
tucked up by the space where the master break cylinder
to send the wires and the vacuum hose into the interior i used the hood latch grommet and pulled them through with a streched out coat hanger.
i attached the ground to the bolt next to the radiator where there was already oem grounds

last but not least the t fitting for the vacuum line i took the elbow off the vacuum assist for the breaks and placed the T in the 45 degree elbow and then got another 45 degree elbow and placed it back on the other end of the T and back to stock location. i put the supplied vacuum line onto the T with the little bras insert and ran it into the car.

ok thats the engine part of it ill write the interior later when i have more pictures from that install up.

r/tguy02
2GN Member

Post by r/tguy02 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Nice pics, can you buy that flange separately? because i have the gauges just no flange for the oil sender to mount. I'm getting ready to do mine so this def helps!
Justin
[02 R/T sold][00 Highline sold][04 r/t scrapped][95 NYG Sport coupe][01 r/t DD]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Now you just need a skid plate for the oil filter.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:12 pm

r/tguy02 wrote:Nice pics, can you buy that flange separately? because i have the gauges just no flange for the oil sender to mount. I'm getting ready to do mine so this def helps!
yes you can it is the GS-AF2 here is the link to that particular part.
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oilfilte ... nf-16.aspx
occasional demons wrote:Now you just need a skid plate for the oil filter
that is not necessary because the filter top is tight inline with the bottom of the oil pan if not a little higher up then the bottom of the pan[/quote]

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:03 pm

That's what I was worried about, since I am so low, I have been skeptical about buying a oil filter sandwich. So you say it does NOT drop below the pan, when you use a Fram oil filter? Please confirm or deny this.

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 pm

i will look later tonight when i get off work and then send an up date on here i get off at midnight EST so it will be up tomorrow for sure.

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Alrighty, I'll be lookin' for an update tomorrow. Snatch up a picture of your gauges all working and functioning. :D

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 pm

i will do that too i have a free night so ill go out and take some pics and it will be all done hahhaa.

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:33 pm

here are all the colors my gauges put out and some other pics of them

Blue:

Green:

Red:

Light Blue:

Yellow: (i know its not that yellow)

Purple:

White: (again not that noticeable)

and a close up:

ok here you go guys and galls its done for now. if you feel like i skipped somehing you would like to know just ask and ill get back to it ASAP!

mikeb818
2GN Member

Post by mikeb818 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Red FTW!
| 94 BMW 325i Sedan |
| 04 MTX Flame Red SXT |- TOTALLED

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 pm

im actually running green i can see it in the day and night the red not so much.

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 pm

They look great mang, makes me wanna get some gauges back up on a pillar again. Did you ever get around to taking the picture of the oil filter clearance?

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 am

no i didnt and my car is not with me in toledo its taking a break from my driving while i borrow my dads truck thats a dodge ram 1500 magnum woot woot.

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 pm

neonslg09 wrote:They look great mang, makes me wanna get some gauges back up on a pillar again. Did you ever get around to taking the picture of the oil filter clearance?
just get a nice DIY skid plate like this one, should be easy to find

:twisted:
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:42 pm

hahahaha that is amazing i love it

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:47 am

oh man, that is awsome how the oil pressure sending unit is down on the filter.

:thumbup: for the write up.
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:51 pm

dblsg wrote:oh man, that is awsome how the oil pressure sending unit is down on the filter.

:thumbup: for the write up.

thanks man this coming weekend ill have the pic of my filter with this setup so you can see if it hangs down or not

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Sun May 30, 2010 3:55 pm

I wanna see the picture! lol damnit!

Also, which oil filter adapter did you get? I'll probably end up searching threads for it, but if you have a quick easy answer that would be awesome!

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Sun May 30, 2010 9:08 pm

orangeneon05 wrote:
yes you can it is the GS-AF2 here is the link to that particular part.
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oilfilte ... nf-16.aspx
^^^^^^^neonslg09 this is the filter adapter ^^^^^^^

here are the mounted pics of it mounted and they are as level as i could make the camera toward the filter and pan

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:52 pm

Just curious as to how this adapter works, like does it screw on? or just sit there?

orangeneon05
2GN Member

Post by orangeneon05 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:54 pm

orangeneon05 wrote:Ok here goes my first write up and i have been kinda busy so its going to take a while to have all the pics and words added. this will probably not be as wordy as some might think but explained the best way i can.

ok step one go to http://www.glowshiftdirect.com and purchase the 00-05 dodge neon and neon srt three pod kit. (heres the link directly(http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/00-05-do ... ckage.aspx)or you can mix and match from the site)

step two when it comes check everything to make sure it is in good shape because they have a 14 day return policy that is kinda stupid but no way to beat it.

these are the back of the gauges i purchased

volt

oil pressure

vacuum

(the pictures are a bit blurry because i didnt use a flash to take them)

after i checked my gauges the next morning i put them in the pillar and test fitted them in my car

ok the engine bay installation starting with the oil pressure flange that i bought with the kit

from left to right:
LEFT: is the brass fitting that holds the plate onto the stock threads of the filter mount.
CENTER: the 1" flange that was purchased in the glowshift kit.
RIGHT: the pressure sender

the flange came with two plugs that i teflon taped and put in the two holes on the flat side and the sender on the left side whole with teflon

i placed the flange and the sender on the stock filter mount and had the sender pointing to the left side because there was more space that way.

and finally the filter placed back on the motor

in the kit they give you three sender wires all heat wrapped together the green goes to the G post on the sender and i used the brown as a ground which goes on the W post i believe and the blue i just taped up and left it attached to the others.

for the running of the wire i looked up by the filter and zip-tied it to some hoses but not too tightly so the hoses can still function
closest to bottom of car
hose by the EGR
tucked up by the space where the master break cylinder
to send the wires and the vacuum hose into the interior i used the hood latch grommet and pulled them through with a streched out coat hanger.
i attached the ground to the bolt next to the radiator where there was already oem grounds

last but not least the t fitting for the vacuum line i took the elbow off the vacuum assist for the breaks and placed the T in the 45 degree elbow and then got another 45 degree elbow and placed it back on the other end of the T and back to stock location. i put the supplied vacuum line onto the T with the little bras insert and ran it into the car.

ok thats the engine part of it ill write the interior later when i have more pictures from that install up.
look through this quote

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:03 pm

thanks man, I didn't even realize that the first couple times I read thru it.

Return to “HT Interior”