HOW TO: Properly detail the interior of your car.

inthewerks
2GN Member

HOW TO: Properly detail the interior of your car.

Post by inthewerks » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:41 pm

This how to is more for the inexperienced in proper interior care but maybe even the more experienced might walk away with at least a new idea they have not tried yet. When I got my first car, when I would clean the interior, armor all was my best friend. Until I got all that sticky build up and panels looked really dirty from dust mixing with the armor all. So, I went online, researched some basic information, then modified that to fit my own needs. Pretty much all 2gn's interiors are the same but if a piece is different than in my photo, let me know and I can clarify for you. Im going to take some pictures to include in this post but for now, I just wanted to get it started. FIRST= and most important, check all the fabric and carpet in your vehicle for stains. Work from the headliner, to the visors, to the rear deck, to the door panel inserts, to the seats and finally to the floor carpet. If any stains are found, treat those first. The reason I say this is because I have found plain soap and water with a little aggitation works wonders over any spraycan cleaning product but the down side is the fabric will be wet for a little while. So if you do this step first, by the time your interior is done, those treated areas should be dry or close to it. Next step coming after I snap some pics.
Wheel gap? Never heard of it.

Kelevra
2GN Member

Post by Kelevra » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:23 am

Nice. What products do you use? I hope this will be covered :lol:

inthewerks
2GN Member

Post by inthewerks » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:41 am

Damn camera battery is dead. I will post the rest of the how-to tomorrow. And yes, I will show all the products I use as well as all the "tools" I use as well. I have been doing this since 2008 when I entered 3 car shows that year. I only do this kind of full detail 4 times a year. I hope you all enjoy this one as it is going to take me about 3 hours to do this process and take pictures.

inthewerks
2GN Member

Post by inthewerks » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Ok. Here is an idea of the products I use on my car. Image But for the purpose of this write-up, we will be dealing with just these products here. Image Ok. Back to the starting post about starting your detail with the fabric and carpeting in the car. Image This photo is of the bucket I use and the dish soap. 1/8 teaspoon and this tray with hot water works wonders on all the fabric and carpeting inside your ride. The brush pictured is bought at autozone for wheels or wheelwells but its great for scrubbing carpet. The gain dish soap has been tested on my tan headliner and black cloth seats and black carpet with no discoloration if diluted how I recommended. So, if needed, clean stained areas, with soap and water, scrub, and wipe with clean wet towel. Then use dry towels and press, don't rub, into the wet areas to absorb excess moisture then let air dry. IMPORTANT: after cleaning the fabric and carpet, do not vaccum yet!! This write up is going to be a little long and full of information so I will do it in steps. This is the first step. Tomorrow is step 2. Cleaning and prepping all the plastic trim.

speed127
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by speed127 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 pm

umm... what ever happened to this???
- Custom or Nuthin -
-My SRT4 swap project log-
viewtopic.php?p=923967#923967
-My 2nd gen progress log-
viewtopic.php?t=52665&highlight=
-My 1st gen project log-
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p3090897

2drSRT4
n00b

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty interested now. I have a '10 Patriot that I need to fully detail..

Mopar65
2GN Member

!

Post by Mopar65 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:22 pm

In for the finished post!
TNK wrote:fertilized Hagan's potatoes? is that some slang for "i shit on Hagan's ballsack?"

2drSRT4
n00b

Re: !

Post by 2drSRT4 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 am

Mopar65 wrote:In for the finished post!
Lol even though it's looking like we're not gonna get it

greybox
2GN Member

Post by greybox » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 pm

just watching so I can see the pics of the white neon...

Return to “HT Interior”