Hi need a lil help!

punkass101!
Fresh Fish

Hi need a lil help!

Post by punkass101! » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi I have a 2004 neon Everytime I turn on my car my battery light comes on I just bought a new battery and alternator and changed out terminals but my battery light is still on any suggestions?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Hi need a lil help!

Post by occasional demons » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Check to see if there is a battery blanket on the battery, and if it has an electrical connector on the side.

The ambient air temp sensor on the elbow going into the air filter box can also give a battery light if it is unplugged or bad.

2003 and some 2004 neons used a sensor on the battery blanket to monitor battery temperature. The PCM uses the battery temp to determine charging rate. All other years used the air intake sensor to regulate charging rates.

If the voltage is still around 13 volts with a load, it is likely a sensor issue. The PCM will default it to that, to keep a minimum charge in the battery. But the battery light will remain on until it is corrected.

Scroll about halfway through...

https://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php? ... &p=3551958
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “HT Electrical”