How-To: Shift light install

mospaxreton
2GN Member

How-To: Shift light install

Post by mospaxreton » Mon May 02, 2005 3:54 am

Anyone know which wire to hook up the tach wire to ? The shift light is from raptorperformance.com... Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Mo

GaryHowell
2GN Member

Post by GaryHowell » Mon May 02, 2005 9:33 am

You need to hook it to a tach adpater, as the output on the PCM is digital and not analog like the first gen Neons.

Here is what you need to finish your install http://www.howellautomotive.com/Howell/ ... cts_id=889

mospaxreton
2GN Member

Post by mospaxreton » Tue May 03, 2005 12:00 am

Hey, thanks for the help.... But I called raptorperformance, they said their shift lights dont require a tach adapter, thats what so "Special" about theirs. They have a 2cyclinder setting or something like that I didnt really pay attention to that part. He told me to tap into one of the fuel injector wires... He said all four injectors will have one wire in common "or the same color" and one wire different color. He said tap into the different colored one... Sooo, I tried it and guess what? It actually works. I was surprised it was soo easy, but do you think its safe or accurate? Remember I have an 03' neon sxt...

GaryHowell
2GN Member

Post by GaryHowell » Tue May 03, 2005 9:49 am

mospaxreton wrote:Hey, thanks for the help.... But I called raptorperformance, they said their shift lights dont require a tach adapter, thats what so "Special" about theirs. They have a 2cyclinder setting or something like that I didnt really pay attention to that part. He told me to tap into one of the fuel injector wires... He said all four injectors will have one wire in common "or the same color" and one wire different color. He said tap into the different colored one... Sooo, I tried it and guess what? It actually works. I was surprised it was soo easy, but do you think its safe or accurate? Remember I have an 03' neon sxt...
Hell no that isn't safe. You could burn out an injector driver. The drivers were never designed for anymore than the load of an injector.

If it has a two cylinder setting then you can hooking to either the left or right wire on the coil pack. The center wire is power, the outboard wires are the ones that colapse the field on the coil. Either one of those will work.

01RTNeon
BANNED

Post by 01RTNeon » Tue May 03, 2005 9:45 pm

Green/orange wire coming off the coil pack, which is the same wire going to the injectors.

GaryHowell
2GN Member

Post by GaryHowell » Wed May 04, 2005 10:46 am

01RTNeon wrote:Green/orange wire coming off the coil pack, which is the same wire going to the injectors.
The center wire is power, either of the outboard wires can be used as signal wires.

mospaxreton
2GN Member

Post by mospaxreton » Thu May 05, 2005 4:53 am

OH CRAP!! Thanks for letting me know its not safe...I will change it before I go to work tomorrow, again thanks!

Peace n Harmony,
Moises

mospaxreton
2GN Member

Post by mospaxreton » Thu May 26, 2005 1:58 am

Sorry for the late post, (like anyone cares) lol, anywho I set it to the 2cyl. mode and it works great, again thanks to all that helped, 2GN.org is the best!

Return to “HT Electrical”