How to: Hide washer fluid nozzles (pics)

sxmania
2GN Member

How to: Hide washer fluid nozzles (pics)

Post by sxmania » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey
This is my first how to so comments welcome.

Time required approximately 1 hr

Tools needed:
Scissors
Hex screwdriver
Washer hose
Aftermarket washer nozzles (optional)

Total cost: $0-$12.99ish (washer nozzles)

Last summer when I got my Cf hood I decided to move my washer nozzles so that I wouldn’t have to drill holes in my pretty new hood. I left the regualr nozzles in the stock hood to fill the holes :)

First thing you will want to do is jump in the car, turn the key to run but don’t start the car. Cycle the windshield wipers and remove the ignition key when the wipers are pointing straight up (This is so you can remove the hidden bolts, and makes taking the cowl off easier)

Remove the hex screws from the cowl and place aside. Now pop the hood and remove the weather stripping thing that runs the width of the cowl.

The cowl is 2 pieces so to separate them just shift the passenger side piece to the left and it will unhook them, now remove the cowl.

With the passenger side cowl in your hands you will want to drill a hole in the fake grill so you have somewhere to install the nozzle.

The driver side has a real grill so all you have to do on that side is widen out one of the holes so that the nozzle will fit.

These are the style i got.

Once the new/used nozzles are installed you can put the cowl back onto the car and hook up all the lines needed (I needed about 6 inches but the washer nozzle kit came with it)

Route the main washer line under the cowl and connect to the washer nozzle lines.

(Now is a really good time to do the cabin air filter mod)

Once all the lines are connected and you are happy with the placement, go ahead and bolt the cowl back on and re install the weather stripping. Aim the new/used nozzles (with a small flat screw driver)

Stand back and revel at a job well done.

sxmania
Last edited by sxmania on Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sykora
2GN Member

Post by Sykora » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:13 am

ummm are we missing an After image?
-Eric

sxmania
2GN Member

Post by sxmania » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:30 am

Dont think so, technically they are all after photos as i did it last spring lol these are just shots from when I took it apart to get at the cabin air filter.

Swordfish2Cowboy
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Swordfish2Cowboy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:44 am

Oh sweet. Now I just gotta get me a new hood so I don't have holes. How is the spread of the fluid?
ImageImage
:mopar: :runaway:

sxmania
2GN Member

Post by sxmania » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:14 pm

I got the "super" sprayer ones from partssource here in Ontario and they are specified as "wide" radius and if aimed properly they cover the whole windshield with a bit going over each side. As for the stock ones I dont know.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:18 pm

The stock ones may not spread as far being a little closer. I have thought of doing this too, but as an add on to the existing ones. There are times when the passenger one just doesn't cut it.

Nice write up!
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Shopperawawn
Fresh Fish

-

Post by Shopperawawn » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Couldnt you just wipe the fragrance on the bamboo. I think your just going to have to experiment for yourself. I would like to know how you made out then.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: How to: Hide washer fluid nozzles (pics)

Post by occasional demons » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:18 pm

It really burns when you do that....
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Re: How to: Hide washer fluid nozzles (pics)

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon May 10, 2021 2:51 am

LOL WTF!?!?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Return to “HT Miscellaneous”