Extended Wheel Studs

Anything that has to do with wheels and tires goes here. Will a wheel fit? Ask it here. Will a tire fit your wheel? Ask it here.
ejclide
2GN Member

Extended Wheel Studs

Post by ejclide » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:19 pm

I've been looking around for extended wheel studs for the neon/srt4. Everything I'm finding is listed for SRT-4s. I'd imagine that if it fits the SRT it'll fit the neon. However, I don't feel like paying the exorbitant price for the aftermarket ones i'm finding. The alternatives I've found through work are very similar. I dug through the dorman catalog and found one stud that is close, here are the specs...

Stock: Knurl 14.15mm, Shoulder 9.5mm, Length 38mm
upgrade: Knurl 14.28, Shoulder 11.5mm, length 46mm

I'm going to be using a 5mm spacer, so I would imagine the overall length would be an adequete increase. I would imagine the .13mm difference in the knurl won't make a huge difference either, maybe just be a tad more snug.

My concern is with the thread. the replacement is an M12x1.25. I'm wondering if this will make a difference at all (other than my lug nut choice). obviously I will have more threads to use, but I'm wondering if this will be weaker, and if this would effect the recommended torque setting for the lug nut.

Also, if you guys think I'm just an idiot and I'd be better off getting some of the aftermarkets that are SAE 10.9 or something similar, let me know. I'm looking at a difference of around $40 for all 20 and well over $100 for the aftermarkets.

Give me your best opinion guys
-Eric
"I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Promise Breaker
occasional demons wrote:"Official Support Vehicle" Just sayin'

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:31 am

2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

Return to “Wheels / Tires”