New Tires this week - FINALLY

Anything that has to do with wheels and tires goes here. Will a wheel fit? Ask it here. Will a tire fit your wheel? Ask it here.
Red04SxtLuvr
2GN Member

New Tires this week - FINALLY

Post by Red04SxtLuvr » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:04 pm

OK OK, no hating on me because of these tires, got it? I needed new tires ( for a while now) and my little Neo now drives like a charm. Has been pulling to the right for months now. I thought it was probably alignment, control arms or something involved. Ruled out the alignment after getting an alignment done and nothing seemed any better. So I have been thinking probably control arms or something. Well I got a new set of tires (been running on the Harmonys that were on it when I got it, ( 5 years ago - ok quit laughing or shaking your heads) and they needed replacement pretty soon anyway. So I got a good price on some Yoko's (hey remeber what I said, No Hating) and OMG it drives like a new frikkin car. No pulling to the right, these tires run much quieter, and Neo looks so much better. But of course after getting new tires and washing Neo and dressing up the tires it had to frikkin rain this week, oh well. I am just happy Neo is driving so much better. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how.[/img]
04 Neon, purchased 10/06, 85000 miles, $7300. Slowly making Mods.

abarguy
2GN Member

Post by abarguy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 pm

LOL! Good to she's running right now.
But why do you think you were pulling to the right so bad? Were the tires mismatched?
Any good alignment shop will first even out your tire inflation and even rotate the best 2 tires to the front before doing an alignment. Most won't start an alignment until they inspect your bushings, control arms and tie rods. It's really bad for their reputation to do an alignment that won't hold because of bad parts.
Tom OFlynn

3 x 1991 Spirit R/T's
2005 Sebring convertible
1969 Swinger 340
2003 Neon R/T Sedan
1998 Neon R/T Sedan

viewtopic.php?p=924682#924682

Donkeypuncher
2GN Member

Post by Donkeypuncher » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Good thing you got new ones, it's not recommended to use tires that are 6 years and older. They can dry rot and possibly blow out on the road, wouldn't be fun at high speeds.

Red04SxtLuvr
2GN Member

Post by Red04SxtLuvr » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:31 am

Reply to Abar ,,,,,, No mismatch on the tires, There were not 2 tires that were "better" when I got an alignment a while back. The I got the alignment they said there was a slight adjustment to make but nothing major. As for the bushings, control arm and tie rod ends they said nothing so I do not know for sure they even checked them. The new tires were needed anyway, and the weights for balancing are ALOT bigger than the old ones that were on there. Thanks for mentioning all that tho. I'll likely be looking into all that in the spring.
04 Neon, purchased 10/06, 85000 miles, $7300. Slowly making Mods.

darthroush
2GN Member

Post by darthroush » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 pm

There's always a "slight adjustment," so they can charge you for a full alignment even though they did nothing. I had a shop try and pull that on me. I looked at the before and after specs. The specs from before were in, but they "had to" made them "more center." I called BS.

Return to “Wheels / Tires”